Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess you all knew, but what the hell..

--

FC Barcelona want to sign Italy goalkeeper Francesco Toldo and have offered Fiorentina Dutch star Boudewijn Zenden in a swap deal.

While Zenden is a target for Fiorentina the club have been resisting attempts to buy Toldo for the past year. The goalkeeper was the star for Italy as he saved three penalties to put his team through to tonight's Euro 2000 final against France in Rotterdam. A late replacement for injured Gianluigi Buffon for coach Zoff's national team, Toldo has emerged as the top goalkeeper at the tournament and his future with the Florence club remains uncertain.

Barcelona also hold the registration of Portuguese goalkeeper Vitor Baia and could include him in negotiations. The Catalan club sent Baia on loan to FC Porto last year after he rowed with then coach Louis van Gaal.

Barca are hoping to sign Toldo but any deal involving cash would need to be delayed until after the club holds a July 23rd election to find a new president to replace outgoing boss Josep Lluis Nunez.

New Fiorentina coach Fatih Terim is also interested in Barcelona striker Dani Garcia to further complicate what could be lengthy transfer talks between the clubs but Fiorentina do not want to part with Toldo.

--

If Gori let Toldo go, he's a freakn idiot. If Toldo leaves, then Rui Costa will probably leave as well. WTF is it with Gori? He always says he has plans, which is mostly a lie. That's what made Bati leave.

A

·
0 Posts
Sounds tempting if one doesn't know how much Francesco means to us.
I'll be happy if we can get Zenden or Dani, BUT if the COST is TOLDO, I can't think it's worth considering anyhow!!
I dare say Gori won't accept the deal, cuz even stupid as he is, he knows that means SUICIDE! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Baia is not a bad keeper to get i return, but it is not neccessary for us to sell Toldo. If Terim wants Zenden and Dani then just BUY them!! According to Gori we have $70 million available, but I guess he lied as usual. Bastard..

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
His performance during euro as we all know was excellant..
His will would never alow him to consider such a move..Terim would be real stupid in allowing this to happen.

D

·
0 Posts
Zenden will definitely not move to Fiorentina. :D

He's pledged the rest of his contract to Barcelona, he won't be one of the Dutchmen that will leave Barca. ;)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Damn that euro 2000.. Zenden would have been sold for sure otherwise. Unfortunately he was excellent in these damn championships.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts