Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is about the time for Barca to begin the fantastic tour with Atletico Madrid. After that there are Valencia and Deportivo waiting for you eagerly. :devil: what a good news that Torres will come back in time especially for you. :devil: Thanks for the nice schedule that this game begins before the Real's. Then I can see how are Atletico and Barca. :cool:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Robban said:
That's cute, un puto merengue de mierda is opening match threads in our forum.:rolleyes:
Please, don't repeat this kind of words here. I think everyone deserves a respect here, even them. Thanx Robban, I think you understand this.:)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It's interesting. Every day I see 10-15 posts from supporters of `that` team. Now they are opening threads. C'mon, I went to their forum once or twice few years ago.

I don't give a shit if `that` team begins before or after us. Like we are ill or something and can't open threads for ourselves :)

* R I O T * :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Please, don't repeat this kind of words here. I think everyone deserves a respect here, even them. Thanx Robban, I think you understand this.:)
I appologize. What was I thinking? There're no excusses to use the word, "merengue". I hope you all will forgive me!;)

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
:howler:

Real is a nice guy and more of a rm sympathiser,in a platonic way:tongue:

But he should leave the match thread for us i guess ;)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Back to the game ;)

We all know that this fixture is packed with goals and I expect the same this weekend. Atlético's form has been so-so lately after their dramatic rise to 4th place. I thought that Fernando Torres was out for the game, but Real says otherwise :( Cocu is injured, so I expect Motta to take his place. With Ronaldinho playing superb lately, we should be able to win at home. We have to get the 3 points.

Head: Barcelona 2-2 Atlético Madrid.
Heart: Barcelona 3-1 Atlético Madrid.

·
Registered
69,668 Posts
They come with Torres but we have Puyol. No problem!

Barça should win because is better than Atletico. It´s a very important game; the players must take the game seriously.

VISCA BARÇA !!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Head: 4-0
Heart: 5-0

:)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Another must win game for us! Can't wait to go to Nevada Smith's tommorow here in New York City to watch the game. BTW, are any of you guys from the NYC metropolitan area?:cool:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Barça_Fan said:

Head: Barcelona 2-2 Atlético Madrid.
Heart: Barcelona 3-1 Atlético Madrid.
I think Cocu is convocated for the match and maybe he could play. I'm confident for this match, against Osasuna was the first important match of the season that we won (after Depor, Valencia, Real Madrid, Atlético, and Zaragoza Copa matches). Atlético is not playing well and Torres won't be at his 100%.

Head: Barcelona 1-0 Atlético Madrid
Heart: Barcelona 3-1 Atlético Madrid

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
tough call, I think Frankie has turn the corner on a ugly start and has barca playing more coehesive. The question I still have is how will the team preform on front of the home crowd in they fall behind to an early goal. The team has some confidence but is still on shaky ground.

I cant make a prediction because I would like to see both teams lose:D so I'll go with a draw.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I think Cocu is convocated for the match and maybe he could play. I'm confident for this match, against Osasuna was the first important match of the season that we won (after Depor, Valencia, Real Madrid, Atlético, and Zaragoza Copa matches). Atlético is not playing well and Torres won't be at his 100%.

Head: Barcelona 1-0 Atlético Madrid
Heart: Barcelona 3-1 Atlético Madrid
Cocu will proberly be able to play. But I still want Motta to takes his place. Motta is better than a fit Cocu so just guess how many time he'll be better than an injured one.

2-0

Anem nois!

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
The selection

Porteros: Rustu y Jorquera
Defensas: Reiziger, Puyol, Márquez, Van Bronckhorst, Oleguer, Mario
Centrocampistas: Davids, Motta, Cocu, Xavi, Iniesta
Delanteros: Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Saviola, Luis García y Overmars

Im a little dissapointed to see Cocu there because hes meant to be out for 3 weeks and hes definately being rushed back into the team. His position is so vital (especially now we have to keep an eye on Ibagaza) that to play him alone is murder- especially as fully fit hes still one step behind the pace.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If I see Cocu partnering Márquez in the centre of defence tomorrow, then I will go bananas :mad: We have to play Oleguer and Márquez at the back as it seems that they've finally created an understanding between each other. If Rijkaard puts Cocu there, then the progress we have been making will all get flushed down the toilet. If Cocu's does play, then he has to be partner Davids and not Márquez. I'd rather see Motta there anyway, because Ibagaza has the potential to be a handful.

I don't know whether Overmars will start, but since he's Dutch, it's possible. If not, then expect Luis García to play instead.

Fernando Torres is starting, but if he doesn't play well, then Nikolaidis and Nano ;) will probably play crap, too. If we can control their attack and Ronaldinho produces the goods, then we should get a comfortable victory.

My preferred first XI:

Jorquera
Puyol - Márquez - Oleguer - van Bronckhorst
Davids - Motta
Luis García - Xavi - Ronaldinho
Saviola

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I heard Contra is going to play for them after a very long absence.

Who is this Oleguer?

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
If I see Cocu partnering Márquez in the centre of defence tomorrow, then I will go bananas :mad: We have to play Oleguer and Márquez at the back as it seems that they've finally created an understanding between each other. If Rijkaard puts Cocu there, then the progress we have been making will all get flushed down the toilet. If Cocu's does play, then he has to be partner Davids and not Márquez. I'd rather see Motta there anyway, because Ibagaza has the potential to be a handful.

I don't know whether Overmars will start, but since he's Dutch, it's possible. If not, then expect Luis García to play instead.

Fernando Torres is starting, but if he doesn't play well, then Nikolaidis and Nano ;) will probably play crap, too. If we can control their attack and Ronaldinho produces the goods, then we should get a comfortable victory.

My preferred first XI:

Jorquera
Puyol - Márquez - Oleguer - van Bronckhorst
Davids - Motta
Luis García - Xavi - Ronaldinho
Saviola
Cocu isnt partnering Marquez in central defence and I dont see him returning there either. When Puyol was out Oleguer moved there so i dont think hell select Cocu in central unless two of Marquez, Puyol, Oleguer are out.

Im sorry but I dont want to see Puyol return to the right. The Marquez-Oleguer partnership was OK but nothing spectacular, infact it was breached many times in the matches. They seemed to get some understanding but so have Puyol-Marquez. I think the current ability and potential of a Puyol-Marquez partnership in the centre is much higher than Oleguer-Marquez. Reizeger when given games has also performed well on the right, this end of season Trabelsi is available for free. If we can sort out Saviola, Rustu, Marquez then he could be an option. Seville have also shown that when offered the bait there high price crumbles, so Daniel could also definately be an option.

About Oleguer, hes a 24 year old product of the youth team. A bit of a late developer as the younger Dani Tortolero was always rated higher than him in the B team (now on loan at Elche and not playing many games). I was suprised to see Oleguer not going on loan instead as i had always seen move ability in Dani. Infact when Oleguer came into the A team last season it were only for the injury of Dani because he would have been called up instead.

However this season when brought in Oleguer seems to have proven the managements decision to be correct as hes been solid defensive wise while short to medium distribution has been quite good. Infact he was the better out of he and Marquez when they partnered and I would have prefered to see him partnering Puyol. However IMO moving Puyol to right back to compensate for Marquez AND Oleguer is not an option

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
The Team

---------------Jorquera------------------

Reizeger---Puyol----Marquez-----GVB

------------------Cocu---------------------

-------------Xavi--------Davids----------

---Luis Garcia----------------Ronaldinho

------------------Saviola------------------

I just hope Cocu is 100% fit because otherwise is it really a good idea to play an unfit Cocu ahead of a fit Motta.

This is a huge match to win. If I had a choice to lose 2 of the 4 games including the Osasuna one I would definately choose to beat Atletico and Osasuna. As of now Atletico, Osasuna and Bilbao are our direct rivals and with better goals against for Osasuna and Bilbao it means we can perform to be level on points with them at the end of the season. If we beat Atletico the same applies with them making that goal of 4th place a little bit easier.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts