Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be quite a few people not originaly from Beograd, so it would be nice to know what other clubs you all support other than the obvious Partizan, Red Star... and now Obilic :)

I for support Partizan, but my one true favurite club is LSK from Loznica(blizu Cacka, pop.30,000). I used to go watch their games with my Grandfather while I was in Serbia, and anyway my uncle played for them :)
They even got up to the second division(only for a year though)

Last I heard of LSK was about 7 years ago when they lost about 9-0 to one of the Belgrade clubs :(

And also what are your favurite non-YU clubs?

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
FK Leotar from Trebinje, Hercegovina...
They were in the former Yugoslavia's second division.
In Europe Lazio, but I also like to watch Milan (Shevchenko is awesome!), Juventus, Barcelona and I really admire Ajax, especially when they won the CL in I think 1995, they played fantastic football!

But above them all, shines a star,

RED STAR!!! :) :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
For me I truly do love Partizan more than my eyes, but if there is another team I have a soft spot for it's got to be the place where I was born: Zemun. As for any other clubs, I really hold no real allegiance to any. I've got a soft spot for Juve (for obvious reasons), but I really tend to cheer for the clubs that have Serbs in them. Whether they be Delije or whatever, I just like to see all of our players doing well.

------------------
Later

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My favourite is none other than Red Star. But I will support any team from Yugoslavia that competes in international competition, for example, the champions league. I also follow Lazio, Real Madrid, but not as much because Mijat is not there. I also like Ukraine's Dynamo Kiev.
Basically If a Yugoslav plays there I'll support them. Oh yeah I also like South Melbourne. Red Star Forever should know who they are. If anyone watched the club championships in Brazil, they're the team that were in Manchester United's group. Oh yeah they lost every match

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pomoz bog delije!

My favorite team is Red star, but I do like teams that have serbs in them or if they are an orthodox team like Olimpiakos,Dynamo Kiev,Spartak Moscow and i like South Melbourne here in Australia (so what if they lost every single match in world club championships in Brazil, for Austrlian football that's a big effort making it to the cup)One of my favorite teams that I use to go for in Republika Srpska was Drina iz Zvornika.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I have an identity crises, cos my ex-neighborhood team Obilic become a major team, a YUPL champ and a serious threat to Red Star,... I guess I'll shut-up and follow:
DC United :(

Leotar (Trebinje).... Wow Red4ever, I remember them!!!

Cheers!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all for your replys,

The non-yu clubs I cheer for are the ones that have yusoslavian players in them, and also vladz I also support teams from countrys
that are partly serbia's freinds- AEK,
Spartak...

LELA
I know South Melbourne, they are one of my favurite clubs in the NSL, after Auckland ofcource.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
napred zvezdo, samo napred,
gde ti igras, tu smo mi...
nikad neces biti sama
mi smo tvoji...sinovi!!!

obviously I support Red Star....my father used to tell me stories about Pizon and Dzaja when i was a wee delija and I've loved them ever since, it's been difficult to support a club in yugoslavia living in canada for the last 23 years though...

other than that...I support OFK Smokovic (near Zadar)...well I supported them while they existed, they were in some basement league in Dalmacija (my krajina)...there home field was was concrete (beton)....their jerseys were white with red stripes (sound familiar) and their biggest and best result was a 2:2 draw against Osijek (who was then at the bottom of the prva liga in the ex-yu) at home....i think Osijek were expecting a grass field....tee-hee....
outside of yugo...i used to be an avid Liverpool supporter, but since the bombing i refuse to pay attention to english football, I like lazio for obvious reasons, and I'll pretty much support any team that has a serb on it....

------------------
Zvezda je zivot ostalo su sitnice!

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Well, thanks, Vracar, I'm glad someone remembers them, I was worried for a moment (hehe)..
And of course I know about South Melbourne, it's just that I don't follow the league here much, I mean let's face it, it's hopeless.. :)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RedStar4ever,
Hopeless?
MLS is a measurement for hopeless baki! Maybe if they introduce promotion and relegation, they'll have a chance?

Cheers!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I follow the NSL, especially the Auckland Kingz- NZ's first Pro team in aa very long time

BTW people, dont quote me on LSK being in the YUDL, I'm not too sure.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Vladz,
I always was seeing the south melbourne team in copacabana beach, aslo eveytime they were going to a game i used to go by the street (walking distance from my sister's house), and see them play.
well, they done well in just letting two goals agaisnt vasco, specially considering edmundo and romario!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
forca independente em prol do grande corinthians
LEALDADE HUMILDADE E PROCEDIMENTO
THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that I am the only soccer fan that does not follow the big three.
I go for Buducnost because they have had some of our greatest players ever

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mijatovic#1 the only reason you go for buducnost is that you dont no nothing about soccer.By the way i go for red star and no one else ddddddeeeeeeelllllliiiiiiijjjjeeeee.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wELL, I HAVE TO SAY Crvena Zvezda they are to good.

BUT right behind them is the No.1 TEAM IN THE WORLD.
YOU all know whp that is of cource.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ze da fiel you do live in Brazil right?How is it there? I always wanted to live in Brazil...do you watch a lot of matches over there live?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
AEK,Olympiakos...you seem to like many greek teams.But I would prefer more PAOK blood in you guys,especially Partizan fans because of the colors (black and white for ever! :)) I dont particualry follow a yugo team,but I always tend to support them when they play in Europe,all of them.Generally,I seem to be more on Partizan's side,again because of the color connection and their once-fantastic basketball team. :)

I should also mention I have a very soft spot for South (ex-Hellas) Melbourne.I practically love them! imagine that during the club championship me and a couple of friends were watching theri games and were shouting go "Hellas Melbourne!" we were a bit dissapointed,but whatever...the reason for this is of course the greeks in them and mostly Johhny Anastasiadis! he used to play for PAOK once,and when I discovered him being the captain of Hellas Melbourne I just fall in love with this team...pity however for Johhny,he used to be good once (he had hair too :)) ellas-servia=simahia

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
VLADZ.
sorry for the late reply man.
NO i used to live in Brazil 2 years ago.....i hope i move down there in 2 years after i finish college in america. My whole family is from brazil and lived their most of my life.
I get to see many games cause i have the brazilian channel GLobo Internacional....but I don't think they have it in europe yet....probably in about 3 months they'll have it.....but don't know if it is worth for you cause everything is in portuguese!!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
forca independente em prol do grande corinthians
LEALDADE HUMILDADE E PROCEDIMENTO
THE ONLY WORLD CHAMPION EVER!!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Levski and Zvezda definitely,
I was very happy seeing them playing in Bulgaria against Monpelie. Only the F***ING fans of CSKA pissed me off because of their desire to make us (the fans of Levski) and the zvezdashi rivals. It must be sure that CSKA is the team of the army in Bulgaria.
I shall say I was disappointed with the play of Zvezda. Only Pyanovic and Boshkovic impressed me. I guess we did not support Zvezda as much as we should. In the most of the time we supported Levski, and shouted against CSKA. So I appologise for it.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ze da fiel I live in Melbourne Australia, not in Europe(I use to live in Europe Yugoslavia 5 years ago)...

...but I do follow soccer/football from Europe and the rest of the world!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts