Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me there are five contendors.

Wrestlemania 8, Wrestlemania 9, Wrestlemania 10, Wrestlemania 14 and Wrestlemania 15.

Personally I am a big fan of WM 8... there was just somethign about it, plus me being so young at the time.. 6? Thought the Ric Falir vs Macho Man was a quality match.. and what can anyone say about Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper :).

WM 14.. also gets crudance as it really kicked off a new era in wrestling.

·
International
6,724 Posts
1) Wrestlemania 17 - Benoit vs Angle, Austin vs The Rock, TLC II: The Dudley Boyz vs Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian

2) Wrestlemania 8 - Flair vs Savage, Piper vs Hart

3) Wrestlemania 10 - Owen vs Bret, Ladder Match: HBK vs Razor

4) Wrestlemania 3 - Hogan vs Andre, Savage vs Steamboat

5) Wrestlemania 6 - The Ultimate challenge: Hogan vs Warrior, Jake the Snake vs Dibiase

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Damn i hate these threads your asking me to remember to far back:(

I'll go 10 because of the 2 matches Jose said.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Firenze said:
yeah I'd go for 10 because of the Owen V Bret. That was some rivalry!
Yeah, it's a shame Owen never won the title:(

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WM 10 and 13 are the only WM's i've never seen properly :(. I don't know why I dind;t watch 10.. maybe I was on holiday? I remember watching Mania the following week though with all the matches :). SInce then i've seen some of the matches for instance Michaels, Razor... and Owen vs Bret.

BTW Ayy of you remember when Owen Hart died at Over The edge (Coincidental Pun)... really sent shocks down my spine considering I was watching it live.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
WM 10 and 13 are the only WM's i've never seen properly :(. I don't know why I dind;t watch 10.. maybe I was on holiday? I remember watching Mania the following week though with all the matches :). SInce then i've seen some of the matches for instance Michaels, Razor... and Owen vs Bret.

BTW Ayy of you remember when Owen Hart died at Over The edge (Coincidental Pun)... really sent shocks down my spine considering I was watching it live.
I remember that, wasn't watching it live cause i didn't have sky at the time, the thing about that incident is it actually got a lot of people i knew to start watching wrestling again.

When you type WWE/WWF in on kazaa your guaranteed to get the owen hart death come up, i have to ask why would anyone want to watch that:confused: I always see it as a shame he never got the world title, first shot in 94, but was never given it:(

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimbo jones said:
I remember that, wasn't watching it live cause i didn't have sky at the time, the thing about that incident is it actually got a lot of people i knew to start watching wrestling again.

When you type WWE/WWF in on kazaa your guaranteed to get the owen hart death come up, i have to ask why would anyone want to watch that:confused: I always see it as a shame he never got the world title, first shot in 94, but was never given it:(
:(

Owen really should have been champ... he's a better wrestler than Bret. I liked the direction of his character in the nation.. and his attire was lmao ;).. warning sign attire :D I Even saw a bout of his in a UK match, with a weird format.. twelve, 3 minute rounds... first to get two pins... he looked awesome. It was on TWC.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
:(

Owen really should have been champ... he's a better wrestler than Bret. I liked the direction of his character in the nation.. and his attire was lmao ;).. warning sign attire :D I Even saw a bout of his in a UK match, with a weird format.. twelve, 3 minute rounds... first to get two pins... he looked awesome. It was on TWC.
with all due respect to Owen, i doubt he is a better wrestler than Bret.

They is something special, something pure about the way Bret wrestles, the way the crowd get into him, even though he was small compared to wrestlers today. I must admit both had great persona's, Owen was so funny, I still laugh when i think about how he stole a Slammy, lol, and the way Bret and Owen made the Hart Foundation all over around. They had great matches together, Wrestlemania X, Summerslam '94 (i believe) in the Steel Cage ... Awesome match ...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
mike921 said:
with all due respect to Owen, i doubt he is a better wrestler than Bret.

They is something special, something pure about the way Bret wrestles, the way the crowd get into him, even though he was small compared to wrestlers today. I must admit both had great persona's, Owen was so funny, I still laugh when i think about how he stole a Slammy, lol, and the way Bret and Owen made the Hart Foundation all over around. They had great matches together, Wrestlemania X, Summerslam '94 (i believe) in the Steel Cage ... Awesome match ...
Bret of course was better, though in the early days Owen was my favourite, but i still feel Owen deserved at least one run with the title, personally i think it should have been back in 94 in the steel cage match when they had a good family feud going, but it didn't happen:(

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Owen was clearly the all round better wrestler. If you wanna talk about mat skills, yea no contest.. but Owen had eveyrthing, high flying, submission and power moves.

ALso he had the inverted tombstone piledriver :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts