Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on the Official Site they're wanting fans to suggest their favourite moments from games against Celtic. Thought i'd nick their idea...

Obviously some of the older members will have more games to choose from (if their memory stretches back that far).

1. Celtic 0-1 Rangers - The game where we virtually clinched 9-in-a-row. There were a lot of entertaining bits in that match, but i'm going for the post-match huddle. I know, I know. Illadvised, irresponsible, childish, and all the rest. But i'd be a complete liar if I said I didn't enjoy that one.

2. Rangers 3-2 Celtic - The Lovenkrands final. He may not have contributed as much as we all thought he would, but at least he'll always be remembered for that match. In terms of one moment, it's hard to decide. Personally, I thought there was no way back when they went 2-1 up, and I distinctly remember jeering Ferguson when he was about to take the free-kick for the equaliser (my shout was let Amo take it :embarass: ). However, I guess it can't get much better than a last-minute winner in an Old Firm cup final when you've looked dead and buried. Lovenkrands 2nd goal for me.

Loads of other good ones, but i'll let yous cover them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Remember Albertz's two wonder goals in the space of the week against them a few years back? Both times, he took it from about halfway and wellied it into the net. Loves them aswell as teh game we beat them 3-1 at Ney Year. Albertz hit a hammer and Erik 'gazza pissed on my head' Bo Anderson bagged a double.

I also remember a game we hammered them 4-0. Kanchelskis took the piss right put of them that game.

Ahhh, good memories.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I remember we beat them in the Cup and the League twice in a short period of time. Didn't Jonas Thern hit a belter as well in one of those matches? Unfortunately I also remember what happened after those games...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Henrik's lob in the 6-2 demolition match at Celtic Park in August 2000. Despite having won the league in '98 to stop 10 in a row, Celtic still hadn't really ended Rangers domination of Scottish football.

That match, and in particular, that goal, 'snapped' Rangers and in my opinion, they haven't been even close to being the same sort of team since.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Rangers 2-2 Celtic in 1987.

Rangers 4-1 Celtic in 1989. Mark Walters scored directly from a corner in this game (I think).

Celtic 0-1 Rangers in 1996/97. Laudrup scored early on. Both teams had penalties saved.

Celtic 1-2 Rangers. The League Cup final a couple of years ago when Hartson missed the penalty in the last minute. Oh, how I laughed.

There are so many more.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Some funny moments:

the time Paolo di Canio went mad and was chasing Ian Ferguson threatening to break his legs. Really funny :D

Or the time Goram kicked the ball out and it smacked di Canio on the back of the head, to which he apologised. Then kicked the ball again and it went flying off his boot at a weird angle and smacked di Canio on the back of the head again....he couldn't have done it if he tried, but i was pishing myself with laughter.

When the whole of stadium was singing Mibbes Aye, Mibbes Naw to Kenny Dalgleish...great stuff :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
All the moments mentioned have been good ones for me too. Although I wasn't there the Robert Fleck incident was one that made me laugh.

Best moment for me was definitely winning the league at Celtic Park, that was some feeling. What a day it was too.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
All the moments mentioned have been good ones for me too. Although I wasn't there the Robert Fleck incident was one that made me laugh.

Best moment for me was definitely winning the league at Celtic Park, that was some feeling. What a day it was too.
You mean the match Angle allready mentioned? Shame I wasn't following the Rangers back then :(

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think he means the infamous 'game of shame', when we tanked them 3-0 at Parkhead to win it there and then. Celtic's reputation took a huge blow that day (both fans and players) and I think there were many fans crying themselves to sleep that night. Neil McCann will always be a Ger's legend in my eyes for his performance that day. Wondeful.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The 5-1 game from about 1988

One of the first old firm games that i can remember :proud:

If i remember correctly Celtic took the lead with MacAvenie scoring in the first few minutes but then we came back and were 5-1 up with about half an hour still to play. After that the players just took the piss and knocked the ball about - i remember one of the people sitting near me was going mad at them for this and wanting them to go and get more goals....which at the age of 8 i couldn't really understand because we were already winning 5-1 :D

Ray Wilkins goal that day was a screamer :star:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Recent events have reminded me of another one of my favourites - the November 1989 game when we won 1-0

Why? It's STILL hurting them.

What i remember most is the cheer for the goal, then the extra cheer a couple of seconds after when the fans realised who scored....Mo running over to the corner of the Copland Road and the East Enclosure going mad. Love that celebration - the perfect GIRUY moment to all the people in the Broomloan that day!

Mo Mo super Mo
Mo Mo super Mo
Mo Mo super Mo
super Maurice Johnston! :D

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I think the 1990 Ne'erday game was at parkhead and was Celtic 1 - 3 Rangers

Another to add to the list perhaps, but i can't remember anything about it.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
I think the 1990 Ne'erday game was at parkhead and was Celtic 1 - 3 Rangers

Another to add to the list perhaps, but i can't remember anything about it.
Might be wrong but I think that was the one when Celtic took the lead, Albertz equalised with a free kick and Bo Anderson got two late goals from the subs bench. If it was then it was also the one my mate got a burst lip and banned from the pub. It was no colours and he has his Rangers shirt under his jumper. Rather stupidly he lifted the jumper and told one of the local nutters to kiss the badge while he was crying into his pint. It should have started a riot but we were ending ourselves as our mate, with blood trailing, got thrown out- he has forgiven us since :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Lol, didn't notic the date. Looks like I'll need to get the DVD out this week to have a look. I remember the Mo Jo goal in the 1-0 win at Ibrox. The 3-1 game at Celtic Park rings a bell but can't remember much on that either- even though I watched all the DVDs over the lat couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts