Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me there is one that sticks out. My dad used to tell me about it when I was younger and finally I saw it some time later. It was shown the other night again on Scotsport. The goal was Davie Cooper's goal in the Dryborough Cup final.

I wish I had a clip to post but I don't. He got the ball in a wide area and lobbed it over one Celtic defender, then another, then another and finally slipped it past the keeper. Words can't describe it, seeing is believing.

What's your favourite?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I've heard about that one, but can't remember seeing it :eek:

Don't think i've got an absolute favourite, but I remember one of Gazza's goals being a great one. The one where we broke quickly up the park, Gazza played a one-two with Coisty, and calmly slotted it past Gordon Marshall (I think).

De Boer's equaliser against them a couple of seasons back was also very sweet. Celtic had just taken the lead when we broke away again. McCann crossed for De Boer to head in. I've still got the video for the game somewhere and you can see a Sellick fan still celebrating his teams goal in the background just as Ronald puts the ball in the net :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was that DeBoer in the 5-1 game at Ibrox?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Laddie said:
I have that on my computer. Anyone who wants a send of it through msn just pm me with your msn address.

GREAT goal.
What one?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
Was that DeBoer in the 5-1 game at Ibrox?
Nope. De Boer in the 3-3 game at Parkhead.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Angle_eyes said:
Nope. De Boer in the 3-3 game at Parkhead.
I remember now :) At the risk of being mistaken again wasn't that the game Douglas had a bit of a fumble with an Arteta shot- Vignalesque.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
I remember now :) At the risk of being mistaken again wasn't that the game Douglas had a bit of a fumble with an Arteta shot- Vignalesque.
Correct :thumbsup: The old memory banks just had to warm up :D

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Laddie said:
Sorry, the Davie Cooper one. Where he lobbed two Celtic centre backs and the buried it.

Jonas Thern's goal was a peach and who can forget Big Bertie Kontermans goal?
If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, i'd like to see it. I just signed up to msn the other day, so i'm not sure how the whole thing works yet, but my address is [email protected] :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to have big Bert's goal- that was a cracker. I remember Albertz scoring a good goal to but can't remember which game it was. It wasn't one of his pile drivers but a dribbling run.

Ray Wilkins goal in another 5-1 game was a peach too.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Laddie said:
I added you Angle but you dont seem to be online. Let me know if come online and its yours for a bargain bucket price. :nervous:
What's your price? I'd do your garden, but i'm busy with Craig Bellamy's tomorrow...

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have the Cooper goal as well if you need it.

My favourite OF goal is a header scored by Alex Cleland at Hampdenwhatawasteofmoney in 1995/96. I think we won 3-1. Alex Cleland is a wee hero of mine because he scored a hat-trick in the first Rangers game I attended.

I'll send a virtual tenner to anyone who knows what game that was.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Laddie sent me it. Cracking goal. It has to be up there with the best.

An Alex Cleland hat-trick? :eek: At a complete guess, i'll say it was against someone like Falkirk.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Should have guessed given your location :wallbang: Didn't Celtic play Whitehill Welfare in the same round. The romance of the Cup...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts