--- Mark van Bommel --- Youssouf Hersi --- Wesley Sneijder

--- Robin van Persie --- Rafael van der Vaart --- Arjen Robben

Now 4 - 4 - 2

----------------------------- Waterreus

Nigel de Jong - Andre Ooijer - Wilfred Bouma - Pascal Bosschaart

Wesley Sneijder Mark van Bommel Arjen Robben Robin van Persie

--------------------- Youssouf Hersi ---- Rafael van der Vaart

My comments on the 4 - 3 - 3 formation

I choose experience over talent in goal. Stekelenburg might be the best young goalkeeping talent in Holland right now, but he isn't keeping at the highest level at the moment, and therefore, he hardly has any experience but filling Lobont's shoes for a period last season.

de Jong has been making an "stormachtig" development since playing in the 1st team for Ajax and does a good job at right-back when Trabelsi is injured. Lamey and Colin also came into the picture.

Ooijer has experience and talent, and in my mind Heitinga misses the talent to be starting for the Dutch team, but since this is only a Dutch players from the eredivisie, Heitinga is a definite back-up to Ooijer.

Bouma has accelerated remarkably from bench sitter to central defender, which was a complete unfamiliar position for him. He's done very well so far in that position. Sure he has his weak spots, but he still has plenty of time to learn and improve.

Bosschaart is one of the most talked about players outside of the Top 3 and it's only a matter of time before the talented left-sided player will receive a call-up by Advocaat. He's in my eredivisie nederlands elftal nonetheless.

van Bommel is the logical choice for this position. I couldn't think of someone else, van Bommel is without a doubt the most experienced and most developed Dutchman still playing in the Dutch league.

Hersi might seem like a bit of a suprise. I think he's done above expectations at NEC, and un-like van der Gun and Knopper, I can see Hersi making a successful comeback to Ajax sooner rather than later. He usually play left-half for NEC but his real qualities defeinitely lie at number 10.

Sneijder's favourite position might not be left-half and it's fair to say he's hardly played a decent game for Ajax yet this season. However, he's shown to have the potential to be the biggest talent on the Dutch fields, and when he has the form like Holland - Scotland, he's able to transform anything he touches into gold.
From the left he can drift inside and look for the shot - like his goal against Scotland.

van Persie will have the year coming up that he makes the definite breakthrough, if he keeps his head goal, and doesn't make any immature comments or acts like a spoiled brat. van Persie's qualities may lie more at left-wing than right, and he himself claims he's a number 10 by nature, so this position might be one of his least favourites. However, for the moment, if it comes down between Robben en van Persie for the left, I will go with Robben.

van der Vaart as deep-lying striker. Yeah, wev'e got a problem in Holland. Now new van Basten, Bergkamp, or Kluivert has emerged from the youth ranks of Ajax in recent years, and not even Cruyff or van Basten will make Vennegoor of Hesselink even a half-decent goal-scorer. That's why van der Vaart will play striker. He's played to with average to decent success at Ajax, and we know you'll get the best out of him behind a striker, not him being the striker, but Kezman and Zlatan aren't Dutch unfortunately and I can't include them in this particular team.

Robben was always going to be my choice at left-wing. I didn't even have to think about it. In my mind, Holland's best playing talent at the moment.

In the 4 - 4 - 2 the keeper and backline naturally stay the same. Sneijder will move from left to right. He's "tweebening" we know, but his preferred foot is still right when it comes down to penalties and free-kicks. I'm sure he's got a better long range shot with his right too. I wanted the midfield to have strength and a "ball veroveraar" like Galasek does at Ajax. That's why van Bommel plays at his usualy centre-right position. Robben centre-left??? yeah, he says that by nature he is a central midfielder or a shadow striker, that's exactly where I will play him. If it doesn't work, then he can interchange with van Persie who is also both a left-winger AND an attacking midfielder.
Hersi will act as van der Vaart's provider. Neither as we know are REAL strikers, but between the two, van der Vaart is the better one, so Hersi will have to look at being the link between midfield and van der Vaart and hopefully set van der Vaart up with not too difficult balls, coz Rafael is definitely no Zlatan :)

So what's your line-up? you don't have make it 20 pages long like I did :) but some short comments as why you choose these players for your team would be very useful.
And please, post your line-up first before we start this whole Heitinga instead of Bouma thing again and Stekelenburg for Wattereus etc etc etc :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Nice idea for a thread!:)

Mine would be:

-----------------------Waterreus-----------------------

De Jong----Ooijer------Heitinga/Bouma----Bosschaart

Robben-----Sneijder-----Van Bommel------Van Persie

------Van der Vaart----Vennegoor of Hesselink-------

Waterreus: cos he's the Dutch version of Oliver Kahn imo with his incredible will to win :D and he's done it at the highest level for the last couple of seasons.

Same reasons as Bazman for most. Can't really decide on Heitinga or Bouma, so I chickened out by putting them both.

Robben on the right. I couldn't think of any other player to put there and I've seen PSVs wingers switch well at times (AEK game) so Robben would be my only choice.

Chose for Vennegoor since the team would need a big target man for the wingers' crosses. Even though he isn't the greatest, he always poses a threat to defenders with his length and brute force. Other options for that position would have been Sibon and Kuijt. Sibon imo is bit of a donkey. Yes he's important for Heerenveen but he was awful at Sheffield Wednesday. Kuijt works hard and he may run a bit more than Vennegoor but he lacks weapons like the brute force of Vennegoor.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Indeed a nice idea :thumbsup:

Waterreus

De Jong - Heitinga - Bouma - Bosschaart

Von Bommel - Hersi - Sneijder

Van Persie - VDV - Robben

We lack a striker, VDV isn't a real one and VOH isn't an option. Kuijt hasn't impressed me at Feyenoord at all.
For central defence I chose for Heit ánd Bouma, they both have a good pass and I don't like Ooijer ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
............................... lodewijks

kromkamp......heitinga........opdam........bosschaart

robben.............lucius........van galen.......van persie

...................van der vaart....kuyt

i'm picking players on form from the first half of the season.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Waterreus

Kromkamp - Heitinga - Bouma - M.Jansen

Van Persie - Van Bommel - Sneijder - Robben

John - Van der Vaart

Why these 11 ?

Waterreus, there's no other option really. Gentenaar is a nice keeper for the Eredivisie, but in the UEFA Cup he flopped. Ronald's form on field is sliping a bit too though. Not of field as could be heared by reporters in the dressing room after the 0-0 against Vitesse. ;)

Kromkamp. AZ gets a call-up too, since like Kluivert I;m no Ooijer fan either.

Heitinga and Bouma. I've rejected Ooijer already and someone like Opdam I first want to see in European action before I rate him.

Michael Jansen as leftback. A bit oppurtinistic, since he's still fresh and he's a real defender unlike Bosschaart. Who failed against Auxerre.

Van Persie and Robben as wingers, since they're the best the Eredivisie has to offer and they will have to switch sides a bit then during the game.

Sneijder and Van Bommel don´t need to be explained.

Van der Vaart the same.

John, cause he was in best form the first half of the season and I don´t want that blind ´stormram´ Vennegoor up there.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Waterreus

Kromkamp - Heitinga - Bouma - Bosschaart

De Jong - Van Bommel - Sneijder - Robben

*Kuijt - Van der Vaart

*(if he regains last seasons form)

·
Registered
282 Posts
chivu said:
Waterreus

Kromkamp - Heitinga - Bouma - M.Jansen

Van Persie - Van Bommel - Sneijder - Robben

John - Van der Vaart

Why these 11 ?

Waterreus, there's no other option really. Gentenaar is a nice keeper for the Eredivisie, but in the UEFA Cup he flopped. Ronald's form on field is sliping a bit too though. Not of field as could be heared by reporters in the dressing room after the 0-0 against Vitesse. ;)

Kromkamp. AZ gets a call-up too, since like Kluivert I;m no Ooijer fan either.

Heitinga and Bouma. I've rejected Ooijer already and someone like Opdam I first want to see in European action before I rate him.

Michael Jansen as leftback. A bit oppurtinistic, since he's still fresh and he's a real defender unlike Bosschaart. Who failed against Auxerre.

Van Persie and Robben as wingers, since they're the best the Eredivisie has to offer and they will have to switch sides a bit then during the game.

Sneijder and Van Bommel don´t need to be explained.

Van der Vaart the same.

John, cause he was in best form the first half of the season and I don´t want that blind ´stormram´ Vennegoor up there.
so you leave out bosschaart coz of one lousy game? thousands of people are calling for him to play in oranje, and you leave him out of your team in favour of michael jansen??? :rollani:
vitesse has NO good players, and jansen is definitely one of them :eek:

and collins john is way too un-developed to be starting in a team like this. can't believe you choose this guy over someone like dirk kuyt .

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Ooh, sorry forgot that we need experience. Better put Vos then in instead of John. :eek:

Against the big teams Bosschaart also only played as midfielder, with Etienne Nepchinees as leftback.

V

·
0 Posts
1st eleven
GK: Waterreus (PSV)
RD: Ooyer (PSV)
CD: Heitinga (Ajax)
CD: Bouma (PSV)
LD: Bosschaart (FC Utrecht)
RM: Kromkamp(AZ)
CM: Van Bommel (PSV)
CM: Sneijder (Ajax)
LM: Robben (PSV)
ST: Kuyt (Feyenoord)
ST: Van der Vaart (Ajax)

substitutes
GK: Gentenaar (NEC)
RB: De Jong (Ajax)
CD: Hofland (PSV)
CD: Opdam (AZ)
LB: Van Haaren (Feyenoord)
RM: Lucius (PSV)
CM: De Jong (PSV)
CM: Van Galen (AZ)
LM: Van Persie (Feyenoord)
ST: John (FC Twente)
ST: Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
GK - Gentenaar (NEC)
---
RB - Lamey (Utrecht)
CB - Heitinga (Ajax)
CB - Bouma (PSV)
LB - Bosschaart (Utrecht)
---
RM - de Jong (Ajax)
CM - van Bommel (PSV)
CM - Sneijder (Ajax)
LM - Robben (PSV)
---
CA - Kuijt (Feyenoord)
CA - van der Vaart (Ajax)

·
Registered
59,019 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Kluivert said:
Funny thing is that the Van Bommel from PSV is on the bench in Vinnie's line-up. Same goes for Bosschaart. Also Kromkamp apparently is transfered to us during the winterbreak. :dazed:

Still welcome Vinnie. ;)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
van Bommel belonging to Ajax? hahaha, in van Eijden's wildest dreams maybe ;)

I think Gentenaar has had a very mild season, compared to the last one. But he'd be a possible replacement to Waterreus when he finally does retire.

Some stats so far -

Ajax - van der Vaart, Sneijder, de Jong, Heitinga

PSV - Bouma, van Bommel, Lucius, Waterreus, Robben, Ooijer, Vennegoor

Feyenoord - van Persie, Kuyt, Lodewijks

AZ - Kromkamp, Opdam, van Galen

Twente - John

NEC - Hersi(on loan from Ajax), Gentenaar

Vitesse - Jansen :eek:

Utrecht - Bosschaart, Lamey(on loan from PSV)

Yep, PSV is still "hoofdleverancier" for Oranje :) :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Yeah, but only two players are from PSV's youth; Bouma and Lodewijks, while Ajax has Ooijer and Lamey besides the names already mentioned.

V

·
0 Posts
I was forgoten change the club names, because at first there stood Pienaar and Galasek, when I noticed that only Dutch players are allowed I put Van Bommel and Kromkamp to my first team. Same as Bosschaart there was Maxwell.

·
Registered
282 Posts
chivu said:
Yeah, but only two players are from PSV's youth; Bouma and Lodewijks, while Ajax has Ooijer and Lamey besides the names already mentioned.
stop making those pathetic excuses. it's says more about ajax than about those players. ajax gave them een "opleiding" but then thought they couldn't cut it, so got rid of them, now lamey will be the future of PSV, not Ajax, and ooijer is a national team player of PSV, and not Ajax. :howler:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts