Xtratime Community banner

fav izmir club?

• Total voters
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
All the Izmir clubs were refused a National Football License by the TFF just before the start of the season because they "don't have stadiums." On top of that as a punishment for not having stadiums they were each fined tens of thousands of liras. Izmir fans are ticked because it's the TFF and central government that are responsible for the demolishing of Alsancak Stadium and closure of Ataturk Stadium. There were also occasions where an Izmir club would reach an agreement to share a stadium in Manisa or some other province only for that stadium to be mysteriously "taken under construction" to block the opportunity. So it's really a blatant political attack by the AKP, TFF, and Demiroren. We're talking soccer here but sports bodies have even handed out fines and no-fan punishments against these clubs' by finding something wrong with their womens volleyball or handball matches.

What can you expect when Osmanlispor, Istanbul Tasaksehir, and Kasimpasa will be competing to represent the league in Europe.
Adamlar resmen koydular. Gâvur İzmir 0-1 Turkiye Şerihat Devleti.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
:mad::thumbsup:

KSK starting the season with points docked and a possible transfer ban despite having recently wiped out all their debts.

I'm starting to think multiple boutique stadiums in a region will be better and more useful.

In other news Altinordu's U-16 finished 2nd in the Swiss Cup, losing only to FC Zurich in the finals.

Manchester City ile 1-1, Werder Bremen ile 0-0 berabere kalmış, FC Aarau ve St. Gallen'i 2-1, Team Voralberg ile Stuttgart'ı ise 2-0'lık skorlarla mağlup etmişti.

http://www.haberturk.com/spor/futbol/haber/1113872-altinordu-swiss-cupi-2-bitirdi

Their A-team has an average age of 22 which will be the lowest in Lig 1 this season.
Altinordus new policy was to focus primarily on youth. It's a similar set up to the Ajax one If I recall correctly. Don't be surprised if you see some decent youths popping up from them, they could be another Altay in terms of young domestic players being produced.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Tire in the 3rd div also have an Altinordu product who is a gun named Mert Hakan Yandas. He was one of the leading scorers last season and scored his first for the season yesterday in Tire's 3-1 win over Silivri (who were in the playoffs last season). Most sources are saying Tire have the best squad in their group in Div 3. They lost 1-0 in their first game even though they pretty much smashed Arsin the whole 90mins. Altay, who are also in the same group picked up their first 3pts as well.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Kasimpasa vs Tire on Aspor today. Altinordu eliminated and KSK game was called off due to fan violence while up 3 1.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Tire lost 3 0. Still they beat Turgutlu away in the first round who are in 2. Lig I believe and Tire in 3. Lig. Some interesting scorelines in the cup though. Amateur teams beating Bank Asya sides and just losing to Super Lig teams.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Apparently there were PKK sympathizers at the KSK game and that's how shit started. I really feel for the S/E teams. How to go forward when such monkeys who don't even support the team attend games and fcuk it up for them?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Really poor performances from Izmir teams so far this season, over the summer I had really expectations/hopes for them.

One of the KSK players made a soldier's salute after scoring which sparked the violence. Of course maybe that player was provoked by local fans, who knows. A lot of easterners there view the Aegean with a mix of envy and hatred.
If that salute pisses them off so much, then they can fcuk off to Northern Iraq. Shit started before the game. They were chanting PKK and Apo and the national anthem wasn't even played. So I read anyway. Unless they did play the anthem and that's when they started to chant. Same crap happened to Goztepe last year.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Tire 1st at the halfway mark by 4pts. Mert Hakan Yandas is also top goalscorer. Looks like they'll atleast make playoffs this season. Unless they manage to screw it up like last season.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I wonder if Tire's Mert Hakan Yandas will get picked up at the end of the season by a 1.lig team. Scored 14 goals last season and already on 15 this season which makes him top goalscorer in all pro Turk leagues. He's 21 y/o.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
I wonder if Tire's Mert Hakan Yandas will get picked up at the end of the season by a 1.lig team. Scored 14 goals last season and already on 15 this season which makes him top goalscorer in all pro Turk leagues. He's 21 y/o.
Interesting, what type of striker is he? Targetman? Poacher?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Interesting, what type of striker is he? Targetman? Poacher?
Wouldn't have a clue. All I do is just follow score updates. I watched the game vs Erzurum few weeks ago but he was suspended for that game. His contract runs out in 2017, so unless it's a 1.lig team, I don't think hed leave unless they come up with a much better offer ofcourse. Considering they are in a good shot of promoting and a 13k seater stadium underway with a project to make it to 1.lig. Another thing is you'd never see less than 2k fans at games (it was the same in the amateur leagues as well) unless it is really bad weather. Reading that there avg attendance is 3-4k this year, which is probably more than some Super Lig/1lig teams lol.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts