Xtratime Community banner

fav izmir club?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Bunch of sorry ass clubs from a sorry ass city (in sporting terms). Achieved next to nothing when you consider its size, potential, climate, facilities etc. They revel in the pissing contest among themselves far too much to achieve anything substantial.

4,062 Posts
Izmir is the best city in Turkey imo, unfortunately east Anatolian peasants are trying to ruin it like they did Istanbul. Also ppl in Izmir support teams based on what neighborhood/street they live in, every other province in Turkey pretty much has only one whatever Shitspor team they can focus funding and stuff on like elazeg (yet they still suck). And again only Goztepe is an AŞ so the other clubs have limited outlets for funding.

Basketball is the most popular sport in Izmir and KSK's branch made the Eurochallenge final but lost by one point. Goztepe was the first Turkish soccer team to make a European semifinal.
I forgot to add that the Konak Belediyespor womens soccer team made the Champions League round of 16 this season. I voted for KSK because it has the most branches and prefer the area to other parts of Izmir. Most the national names in tennis and rowing are also from KSK. City has biking lanes everywhere and sports rec areas.
Well I'm from Guzel Yali so I'm gonna have to go with Göztepe.
Teams: Fenerbahce

·
Registered
308 Posts
Altay they always seem to have a good talent mass in general on our youth teams and former NT players also it was great to see a team when they were in Superlig that had a name that didnt end with "Spor"

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Izmir is the best city in Turkey imo, unfortunately east Anatolian peasants are trying to ruin it like they did Istanbul. Also ppl in Izmir support teams based on what neighborhood/street they live in, every other province in Turkey pretty much has only one whatever Shitspor team they can focus funding and stuff on like elazeg (yet they still suck). And again only Goztepe is an AŞ so the other clubs have limited outlets for funding.

Basketball is the most popular sport in Izmir and KSK's branch made the Eurochallenge final but lost by one point. Goztepe was the first Turkish soccer team to make a European semifinal.
I forgot to add that the Konak Belediyespor womens soccer team made the Champions League round of 16 this season. I voted for KSK because it has the most branches and prefer the area to other parts of Izmir. Most the national names in tennis and rowing are also from KSK. City has biking lanes everywhere and sports rec areas.
:thumbsup:

I see your logic, and I like KSK for these reasons, but my favourite Izmir club is Goztepe. I'm attracted to the romanticism of their pioneering semi-final appearance and red & yellow colours :D

I dream of the day when the Super Lig consists of all of these Izmir clubs. Only they have the potential to create derbies comparable/superior to the Istanbul big two.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
^yeah. altinordu also has a very good youth system and they're expanding their schools all around izmir, they became an anonim sirketi (49% publicly traded) so they have a lot more access to funds than ksk or altay now.

Tbh I seen more FB spor okullari rather than Altinordu or Buca when I was there few months back :howler: But yes, Buca has a great youth set up and Altinordu is also on the rise.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
The Golden Horde!!!!! Batu Khan will rule one day again! :proud:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Izmir is the best city in Turkey imo, unfortunately east Anatolian peasants are trying to ruin it like they did Istanbul.
Dastard plebs! send em back to the mountains where they can shag sheep and rape horses :howler:

Make some more money son, no monobrows here in Alaçatı lol

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I went to Tire v Gumusordu (Altinordu's B team) when I was in Turkey recently and they were below average yet called up a few guys to the senior side.. I wonder what sort of a squad they'll have in PTT.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Altay, KSK, Goztepe, Altinordu and Tire have no home for 2014/15 as Alsancak doesnt meet safety regulations. Altinordu play most games in Buca, but I wonder what the other 4 clubs are going to do. Tire will most likely play in Aydin now, that leaves the other 3 clubs to share Ataturk??

1 - 20 of 97 Posts