Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sansal Buyuka claims Fatih Terim @ Gala deal is done.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
oh - who is Sansal Buyuka?
someone responsible??

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GS appoint politician to lure Terim back

Sunday 28th April 2002

Newly-crowned Turkish champions Galatasaray have turned to politician and lifelong fan Mehmet Agar for help in their increasingly desperate bid to lure former coach Fatih Terim back to the club.

Mircea Lucescu guided GS to their 15th title with one match to spare on Sunday as the Istanbul giants beat Kocaelispor 2-0 with goals from Hasan Sas and Radu Niculescu.

But the board have made no secret of the fact they would like Terim to replace the Romanian in the summer and now hope that Agar, a close friend of the former AC Milan boss, can persuade him to return to the Ali Sami Yen.

"Several Galatasaray board members have called me up and asked me to get in touch with Terim," revealed Agar. "The board really want Terim and they think I'll be able to convince him."

Agar, a senator in the eastern city of Elazig, remains a highly influential figure in Turkey and has close links with Galatasaray.

However, he is likely to have his work cut out with Terim. The former Turkey boss, currently out of work, is understood to be keen to prove himself in a top foreign league after spells with Fiorentina and Milan ended in disappointment.

Terim did, nonetheless, admit at the weekend that he had not given up on the idea of coaching in Turkey. "I am recharging my batteries at the moment," he explained.

"I have decided that I will return to coaching in the summer, although I do not yet know if that will be in Turkey or abroad. I will make a decision after discussing it with my wife."

GS vice-president Fatih Altayli insisted in December that the club would do everything possible to get Terim back. "Lucescu is a very professional coach, but Terim is a Galatasaray man," he said.

"He loves Galatasaray and has worked hard for the club in the past. He made miracles happen at this club. If Terim could say yes to our conditions for next season, why would there not be a meeting? Everything is possible."

Terim led Galatasaray to four successive championships between 1997 and 2000. He also guided the club to their first major European trophy when they beat Arsenal in a penalty shootout in the 2000 Uefa Cup final.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Lucescu has just won the title and Gala want to let him go HMmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
If Lucescu even would have won the CL-Cup, the Super-Cup, the Cup of Cups :)tongue: ) it wouldn`t matter. Cause it was clear from the beginning of Lucescu`s work at Gala, that Fatih Terim would come back one day! ;)
ok, sounds unfair but for me it is the truth!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Terim gives himself 48 hours to accept GS job

Tuesday 30th April 2002

Former Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim will decide whether to accept an offer to become the club's technical director in the next two days. "I will reveal my answer very soon," he said after Mircea Lucescu insisted he would remain as coach next season.

Terim said: "I will give the final decision about my future in the next few days. I will reveal what will I do very soon."

The newly-crowned Turkish champions turned to politician and lifelong fan Mehmet Agar for help in their bid to lure Terim back to the club - but they will have to wait a little longer for an answer.

If Terim does re-join the club, he will not be coach. Current incumbent Mircea Lucescu guided GS to their 15th title with one match to spare on Sunday as the Istanbul giants beat Kocaelispor 2-0 with goals from Hasan Sas and Radu Niculescu.

And the Romanian has vowed to remain in charge next term. "I will stay at Galatasaray and I will continue my job as coach here," he told ATV television.

"I will remain the boss of Galatasaray.I do not want to go anywhere. I have the plans for next season and I have even prepared the training-camp programme which will be held in Germany in July."

Lucescu was already looking to next season when he declared that anything less than reaching the last eight of the Champions' League would be a failure. "We should not be wanting just to get a few points, we should be reaching quarter-finals, maybe more," he said.

Terim, meanwhile, admitted at the weekend that he had not given up on the idea of coaching in Turkey. "I am recharging my batteries at the moment," he explained.

"I have decided that I will return to coaching in the summer, although I do not yet know if that will be in Turkey or abroad. I will make a decision after discussing it with my wife."

GS vice-president Fatih Altayli insisted in December that the club would do everything possible to get Terim back. "Lucescu is a very professional coach, but Terim is a Galatasaray man," he said.

"He loves Galatasaray and has worked hard for the club in the past. He made miracles happen at this club. If Terim could say yes to our conditions for next season, why would there not be a meeting? Everything is possible."

Terim led Galatasaray to four successive championships between 1997 and 2000. He also guided the club to their first major European trophy when they beat Arsenal in a penalty shoot-out in the 2000 Uefa Cup final.

onefootball

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I have heard that Terim can move to Napoli if they gain stop in SerieA, but it seems that they will remaing playing in SerieB next season too.
So, he is free, and I think GS shouldn't lose opportunity...although some comebacks finish badly.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today papers eem very serious aboiut himcoming. GFhye claim he has agreed completely with Canaydin and the preparations ofr his arrival are being done.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts