Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, I am proud that Juventus supplied so many players to the national teams yesterday (5 of the starting 11 for Italy) - BUT ... is anyone else concerned that fatigue may play a factor in Sunday's game, since I don't think any Verona players were involved in yesterday's games (Frey will play next week for one of the French youth teams)? After all, these guys have been playing since the Intertoto League last summer .... or is the adrenaline level just too high with the scudetto so close?

Zen9

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
You certainly have a point Zen.
I don't think it's that much of a problem at this stage though. It's the same for Lazio and as long as we're equally tired I see no problem. Lazio has even had the CL commitment, and they've played more games than we have this season.

On Verona- they DO have at least 1 :).
My compatriot Martin Laursen came on in the second half against Sweeden- and COMPLETELY shut down Kenneth Andersson (the Bologna player) who had so far won every single aerial challenge. Kova will have a real match in the air if he will start.

Ciao.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glen,

Thanks for the correction about Laursen.

I guess my concern is not so much which team is more tired, Lazio or Juventus, as it is which team is more tired, Verona or Juventus?

Zen9

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
well guys, Verona also had to work and play harder since they played in the serie B last season.
And Juve has as we all know a very experienced team so we must be carefull becauce wat noticed me that Verona often scores late goals, only last week they scored 2 goals in the 80st min.
I think Montero is injured i hope Tudor can hold out that long, maby we have to throw on birindelli.
I hope melis is not to fast for Conte and ferarra, maby we should put Zambrotta on the right wing?
Conte in the middle and Tachinarddi on the bench?
Davids should have maracaso in his pocket because he's a bit old.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i think zambrotta should play regularly on the right flank. sometimes seeing conte there instead of zambrotta is quite laughable.maybe if juve give zambrotta more games on the right, who knows, in 2-3 years time, we will have our own figo!!
conte is not fast enough on the flanks and he can't cross the ball as good as zambrotta. zam is young, energetic and i think he's kind of a cool guy. seldom gets excited. calm and focused. i really wish that one of our players can turn out to be a 'giggs' or 'figo' who can really run at defenders and make swerving moves on the flanks.

Forza Juve NO.10 :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You must mean No. 1. Or were you referring to DP? :)

I also find Zambrotta really good with a lot of potential. He did find it hard when he was up against Seedorf though (Inter match)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding the Den-Swe-game I can also say that some Danish players phucked up and lost their minds. Jon-Dahl Tommasen for example should have been sent off after a stupid challange.

Very intelligent to do that in a friendly one month before Euro 2000!

However, that's another discussion...

------------------
Forza Lazio

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I think we should start to use our young "figo" now! :) I think he is ready! He played excellent at Bari last season. His time has come, he's ready to run like hell on the flank! :) Conte on left or Pessoto.. now we just to use zammy boy! :)

forza juve!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Petter; I wholeheartedly agree on Jon Dahl. That was rediculous, but I must say that his action may have been inspired by the fact that Håkan Mild nearly chopped his legs off only 10 minutes before that. The Danes were generally the toughest tacklers in that game no doubt, but I'm equally certain that Mild butcher was the worst player overall.
Man; I REALLY dislike that player- He makes Schwarz look like a girlies pee wee player :( :(.

Ciao.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts