Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia midfielder, Francisco Javier Farinos gave a press conference on Thursday evening where he explained his three billion pesetas move to Inter Milan.

Farinos said that he has left, "The club of my life" to join Inter for the next five seasons.

The under-21 international said that he was proud to have spent such a happy time at Valencia, "but I am looking forward to the good things to come in Italy.

"I considered the offer from Inter as one that I really couldn't refuse, it's going to be just as hard to get a regular first team place but I think that I will be okay, I am really excited about playing there," he said.

Farinos' agent, Alberto Toldra, explained that Valencia were informed of the proceedings at every stage: "A long time ago, we told Valencia that there were several teams interested in signing Farinos, we spent two months holding talks but we didn't manage to arrive at an agreement, that was when we decided to talk to other clubs, Valencia had full knowledge at all times, even when we had agreed terms with AC Milan they left the door open for us," he said.

Toldra went on to say, "Inter Milan wanted to sign Farinos with good intentions, so that Valencia could have the money in their hands, but Valencia were opposed to the idea, they hoped that Farinos would stay. Inter wanted to talk with Valencia before all the trouble began, it was never a problem for them to pay the buy-out fee," he said.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts