Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ex-Man Utd, Spurs hero Sheringham announces retirement
March 01, 2008

Former England striker Teddy Sheringham has announced that he will retire at the end of the season following a career spanning 26 years.

Click Here!
The 41-year-old, who won 51 caps for his country, will see out the rest of the campaign with Championship Colchester before hanging up his boots.

Sheringham had two stints with Tottenham and played for six other clubs - famously helping Manchester United win the Champions League in 1999 - in a career spanning 26 years.

Sheringham said: "After a long and fun-filled career I have decided that this season will be my last.

"I've had a fantastic time and want to thank all those that have contributed to my career and helped me along the way.

"I've no immediate thoughts about going into management but football has always been my life and hopefully I will be back at some point in the future.

"Until then I have to try and help Colchester United stay in the Championship."

Sheringham agreed a one-year deal with Colchester after being released by West Ham last summer.

[tub]8Y4YWUTtDNM[/tub]

[tub]e4fnuf3ah3U[/tub]

Legend, lasted so long in the game because of his great footballing brain!

will be missed​

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Copped so much stick for not being the King, only a testament to this resolve that he could break through the great Yorke, Cole Partnership to be a prolific striker in his last season for us.

Thanks Teddy!

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
thanx for Barcelona 99 and good luck in your new life. :heart:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Great player, he had such a vision and a short-passing capability that was top notch IMO. Farewell teddy

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Sheringham lasted so long because his game was never based on speed. He is just a truly excellent player.

Could create and score goals, was technically very strong and read the game so well to know where to move.

All this made it easy for him to stay in the game longer

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Shame he was shit in his first season with us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts