Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to try and introduce more members to Xtratime?

I'd like to hear the views of more lower league teams and the 'other' 10 as there is a few but not many on here.

Also any chance of putting a few 'sticky' posts up, like say, one for the National Team, Transfer Rumours etc...?

Also maybe a few poll's once in a while?

Just suggesting a few ideas...

ChelseaBear

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
we've had a fwe polls in the last, but nothin atthe moment. if you want to suggest some poll ideas, ill be happy to put them up for you.

'sticky' posts dont get created, they become that way once they get so many replies. you can open a thread called NT, and hope that all relevant suff gets in there, but there is no way to create a sticky thread straight off!

finding new mebers is quite hard. we dont want to advertise in obvious places, as we only want to attrack the decent folk, and not any bigots, idiots, motherwell fans(joking!) etc. ive tried to get my friends into it, but some made 1 post then never came back, gildea, stuck with us, but right enough he'd argue with his shadow..

·
Registered
740 Posts
"gildea, stuck with us, but right enough he'd argue with his shadow.."

If you had such an awkward shadow as mine you would too...

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, don't quote me but I'm sure I've seen 'Stickies' that only have a few posts and it only seems to be the most important threads who get 'Sticky' for example in the Argy forums.

Polls?

Why not build a Scottish Dream Team. Starting with say the Gk?

R. Douglas
N. Sullivan
P. Gallacher
J. Langfield
Other

Etc..

Then do LB, RB, CB's, LM, RM, CM's, St's

Just a thought.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was thinking the same things ChelseaBear, I never realised that we could not start a poll it has to be a moderator.
The only way to get decent folk here is to introduce friends really thats it.
How did you guys actually find out about this place anyway?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't remember how I found it now!

I personally only know Rangers & Celtic fans and we don't need anymore in my opinion. Well I know a few Dundee/United fans due to my dad living up there but thats it!

I'll try and get chatting to a few lower league supporters through AOL's chatrooms and introduce some.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JB, there is a 'Sticky' post in the Argie boards with only 4 posts.

Make it your personal mission to find out how to make 'Sticky Posts' apart from attaching naughty images!

Ask Humbird he may be able to help?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
ok, nominations for best scotland defenders, top 3 get in the side!

note: this is only for NOMINATIONS, ill post a poll to vote on later.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Och surely we should have a vote for formation:
4-4-2
3-5-2
5-3-2
4-5-1
5-4-1
4-3-3

then Left Back, Right Back, Centre Back, Left Midfield, Right Midfield, Holding Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder, Striker

Of course it is all formation dependant.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
NO IM RUNNING A DICTATORSHIP HERE!! :D

no, i was keeping it as a 3-5-2, as this has been scotlands formation for the last ice-age. i know vogts has tried some different methods, but in two games we cant tell what his ideal formation is, this wont be apparent until next qualifiers.

keeping itas a 3-5-2 is a simpler bet, so thats why im keeping it as that.

its not as if scotland have many tactical options as far as formations go!!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I have always seen 4-4-2 as the Scottish formation (I have despised the 3-5-2 or more precisly the 3-4-1-2 from screwing Parma up) but your the boss;)

I just wanted to include Crainey, Ross etc.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
ok then, if enough folk who come in here nominating defenders say 442, then thats what well use ok :rolleyes: ;) :tongue:

Nominations so far then:
Crainey
Ross
Weir
Dailly
McNaughton
McGuire

come on people! get those nominations in!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stockdale
Malcolm
McCunnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts