Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ji Sung Park tonight showed that not all foreigners are cheats, he was heavily barged into by Konchesky but he showed great upper body strenght to stay up and set up RvN for the winner.

I hope the likes of Didier DOGba, Pires, Robben and co were
watching.

We need more of Park's sort, or else our game will turn into a farce.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i think it depends on what mentallity you have as a player. If ruud hadn't had gone on and scored people could have easily said he should have gone down to get the free-kick in the dangerous position. Although i would rather see a player being honest and not try cheating the refs when there is no contact at all, like some cases.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Ji-sung Park made a great run to the by-line," added Sir Alex as he reflected on the game's solitary strike. "And he could have gone down looking for the penalty like a lot of players may have done that.

"But he stayed on his feet, picked out Ruud who, as we know is great at coming off defenders, and he fired it into the net for a great goal."

:star:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
biggest diver ---> filippo inzaghi

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
The Real Deal said:
biggest diver ---> filippo inzaghi
what!? thats bullshit! u ever watched robben!?

if ud sed most likely to be caught offside pippo then yes, sure! but not diving...

personally i think too much emphasis is being put on diving, and its not jus foreigners. rooney, beckham and owen have both been guilty of bad dives and play acting in the past, yet no1 in england will mention that

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
what!? thats bullshit! u ever watched robben!?
Yep, Robben's been diving a couple of times, still he's nothing compared to a guy like Deco or what you see in serie A week in week out.

·
Registered
27,295 Posts
Gordy said:
i think it depends on what mentallity you have as a player. If ruud hadn't had gone on and scored people could have easily said he should have gone down to get the free-kick in the dangerous position. Although i would rather see a player being honest and not try cheating the refs when there is no contact at all, like some cases.
I'm digging the new avatar. :tongue: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Red Bed said:
"Ji-sung Park made a great run to the by-line," added Sir Alex as he reflected on the game's solitary strike. "And he could have gone down looking for the penalty like a lot of players may have done that.
"But he stayed on his feet, picked out Ruud who, as we know is great at coming off defenders, and he fired it into the net for a great goal."

Park's run was good but I believe that tackle was outside the penalty box.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Red Bed said:

Robben did it too last season inside penalty box, kept his balance and scored. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
personally i think too much emphasis is being put on diving, and its not jus foreigners. rooney, beckham and owen have both been guilty of bad dives and play acting in the past, yet no1 in england will mention that
Very true. Apparently nothing happens in England and foreigners are ruining the game.

I heard the tv commentator that was doing the Arsenal, Juve game talking about shirt pulling and pushing during corner kicks. He said that foreign teams are more likely to do it than English teams. I guess that moron never watches EPL I guess.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I love the double standard in English football.

"Foreigners" are cheats for diving, but no one ever says anything about defenders who cheat through the whole match pulling shirts, making knee high tackles. Actually that's more than cheating, that's endangering someones career but no matter, the guys diving are the devil and those kicking lumps out of others are the 'honest' footballers.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
I love the double standard in English football.

"Foreigners" are cheats for diving, but no one ever says anything about defenders who cheat through the whole match pulling shirts, making knee high tackles. Actually that's more than cheating, that's endangering someones career but no matter, the guys diving are the devil and those kicking lumps out of others are the 'honest' footballers.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
nah, brutal tackles, tackles from behind should be brought back into the game. i love to see a crunching tackle.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts