Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, our participation in next seasons competition is guaranteed, so I thought it'd be cool to have a look at who you'd like to be in our group for the first stage next season?

Arsenal
Celtic
Ajax
Racing Genk

A nice easy passage to the next round........

BB

Why buy the cow when you get the sex for free?

At least thats what my grandma used to say. Course, that was before she turned lesbian on her 60th birthday.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
With Ajax and Celtic in there it wouldn't be THAT easy...
I think something like this:

Arsenal
Croatia Zagreb
Chievo
Olympique Lyon

So I guess none of the groups will be easy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
how about the champions of azerbaijan, whoever they may be, (i must admit i dont follow the azerbaijan league)
along with them bohemians of ireland and fc gutnh of the former yugoslav republic of macedonia:D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
I think it's pretty safe to assume that FC Shamkir will lose in the Champions' League Qualfiying Stages. They're currently top of the Azeri league.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Chris said:
With Ajax and Celtic in there it wouldn't be THAT easy...
I think something like this:

Arsenal
Croatia Zagreb
Chievo
Olympique Lyon

So I guess none of the groups will be easy.
Make it Lazio or Milan coz Chievo won't make it !

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
ajax and celtic?
haha
if you want a easy way to go to the 2nd phsae you dont put us with ajax and celtic

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
bailemos said:

Make it Lazio or Milan coz Chievo won't make it !

I wouldn't underestimate Chievo Verona if I were you. They've already beat many top clubs in Italian Serie A, including the top positioned Internazionale Milan FC.

Their players don't have some world-class techniques, but they do have world class team-work ! Their players aren't so bad, players like Marrazina and Eriberto are great passers and often confusing their opponents with their team-work. And, to tell truth and no offense, their team-work is better than present AFC.

Personally, I also want S.S Lazio or A.C Milan made it to Champions League because they're my favorite clubs. But, if somehow Chievo get their ECL ticket, I won't be too much wondering about that...

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
You would have never guessed it, considering my Italian allegiances, but I want Chievo to get into the Champions' League. I also want them not to be drawn in the same group as Arsenal. They are an excellent team.

Manfredini, Corini and Marazzina are hard-working players, and have a touch of skil about them. All of the Serie A teams have underestimated them this year, especially Inter (a defeat and a draw against Chievo). Maybe if we (Inter) hadn't, then we'd already have the Scudetto in our trophy cabinet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Id like to see Chievo get the Champions league spot too, if only to show that the smaller clubs can still defy the odds and put one over on their larger counterparts,

As far as Arsenal's possible group is concerned, I like to see us get a big team in the first phase, someone like Bayern or Inter. Aside from that, a few easier teams would be nice.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to play one of the bigger italian teams in the first group phase, we always seem to do well against them.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
chievo has a great team now
and their simplicity when they play is great
BUT
who knows if they'll be good after maybe some bigger clubs swaps the good players in chievo like abroto, watever you spell his name to inter.
:rolleyes:

they also could be like ipswich
last year, they got a uefa cup spot and played great soccer throughout the year
now....look at them

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Next time I'll tone down the sarcasm.....yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.

I selected two teams (Celtic/Ajax) who I'd like us to play, but also who I thought we would probably beat. There, of course, are easier games out there, but I'd prefer to sweat a little playing the Champions of Scotland and Holland ;) than have it easy in the foothills of godknows where.

Still, a trip to Azerbaijan does sound tempting........

BB

All it took was a fat chronic blunt

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
I draw with a Scottish team would help, as we wouldn't have to trek across to the Russian steppes to play a meaningless game. Also, Bergkamp could play, which would be a huge boost.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Hmm, that is true...
Make it this instead than:

Arsenal
Rangers
Milan
Auxerre

Maybe instead of Milan make it Borussia Dortmund or Bayern.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
how about the group of death for the new topic?

maybe...
arsenal
man utd
liverpool
newcastle

for the english group of death
another one could be
arsenal
bayern
roma
real madrid

:D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Milan won't make the Champions' League, and I think Chievo are easier opponents.

You also can't have Real Madrid and Bayern in the same group, as they're both seeds.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
First stage-
1st-Arsenal
2nd-Milan
3rd-Auxerre
4th-Rangers

Second stage-
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund
Inter
Some east europe team

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:

I wouldn't underestimate Chievo Verona if I were you. They've already beat many top clubs in Italian Serie A, including the top positioned Internazionale Milan FC.

Their players don't have some world-class techniques, but they do have world class team-work ! Their players aren't so bad, players like Marrazina and Eriberto are great passers and often confusing their opponents with their team-work. And, to tell truth and no offense, their team-work is better than present AFC.

Personally, I also want S.S Lazio or A.C Milan made it to Champions League because they're my favorite clubs. But, if somehow Chievo get their ECL ticket, I won't be too much wondering about that...
I don't underestimate them and I know them pretty well- they are the only Italian team I follow. I tell you they won't make it.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
How do you know that Chievo won't make it? If Bologna and Milan draw, and Chievo beat Atalanta, then they make the Champions' League. Let's hope.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts