Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of problems at Hajduk Split this year. For those of you who aren't familiar with Croatian league football, Hajduk has been penalized twice this season with 0-3 scorelines. In the recent first leg of the cup final, the game was suspended at 84 minutes because a can of tear gas had been thrown onto the field. Hajduk still won the game 2-0.

I'm not a Hajduk fan, but this is a black eye for Croatian soccer. :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong,but didnt Dynamo fans caused all the troubles this time? I mean,they found their team 2-0 down and they started braking the burriers and the police came over to stop them etc etc...am I wrong?

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's actually spelled Dinamo, there's no y in the Croatian alphabet. It's hard to say who actually instigated it. Both sides wanted at each other pretty bad. For me it doesn't matter who instigated it, it's wrong either way. If the Bad Blue Boys started it, Dinamo should be punished.

Violence in football should be punished severely, if we want to eliminate it. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever be eliminated. The game is just too passionate.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah when I read about the violent events inspired by the Hajduk fans I'm disappointed because this summer they were very calm at the matches against Levski (I've heard they are the most wild fans, but yet they were OK). But violence is global and can't be blamed only on these guys. In Bulgaria the fans of CSKA broke 5 autobuses before the derby with Levski, and the blue fans (that of Levski) broke a whole section of their stadium as did Zvezda fans to Partizan's stadium. And the police seems to do nothing about this, so they continue. My opinion is that they should beat up these fans since they don't know how to behave on the stadiums, and let's see then if they would behave in the same way.
PS: The fans of CSKA seem to be more calm recently once they were beaten up in the province, but Lavski's fans are more numerous and are not afraid by the police.
Samo Levski! The vandals that are on the stadium should never be allowed to step there.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Well, the violent fans chilled lately due to extreme security measures taken because of the last years incidents.

But we have real problems with racism. The federation even aprooved a law that penalises the teams for this reason.

We have violent (very) hockey fans even though there are only 7 Romanian hockey teams. Yesterday the TV presentator was making an interview in the hockey arena with one of the coaches. Meanwhile, a fan upset by the result, took a seat and thrown it. He wanted to hit the coach but he missed and hit the TV presenter, a lady, which was taken urgently to the hospital.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Yeah.
For example, Farul supporters, after the match with Brasov (0-0) shouted:

Niciodata maghiari,
Niciodata tigani,
NICIODATA IN B!!!

Another example:
Steaua - Rapid.
Steaua had a large banner which said: "O mie de cioroi - o singura solutie - Antonescu". (I think you heard about this).

And EclipsE, a new TV channel was launched. PRO TV International. You can see it all over Europe and Israel and from summer or autumn in North America too.

Cheers,
David.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A friend of mine went to a Hajduk game last year and was in the standing section. She said things got out of hand and out of nowhere a chair came flying at her head and knocked her unconscious. She hasn't gone back to a game since, and who can blame her?

It's got to stop. How many people go to watch a game, and worry about getting hurt in the violence? I'm sure everybody has that thought in the back of their head.

The worst thing about it is that people are fighting with their own people.

·
International
9,682 Posts
EclipsE,

the Farul original chant was (hope Jan doesn't know Romanian) :):

Niciodata tigani,
Niciodata maghiari,
NICIODATA IN B,
Sa va dam la toti mu**.

Also the Hungarians from Harghita and Covasna say at the hockey games things like:
Romania - o tara de tigani. :( :( :(
Tiganii, Tiganii!!!
If you have the bad luck to have a car accident in Covasna or Harghita and go to the hospital without knowing Hungarian, then there are no chanches of talking to them and real big problems with your health. Believe me, I have some freinds who just experienced that.

ProTv has the linces for the Romanian championship till 2002. They broadcast 2 games every week. You'll also see Mutu's girlfriend. :)

FORZA FARUL!!!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
David: Hmmm, damn I don't know a word of Hungarian so I guess they'd leave me to die there. I hope your friends are ok by the way :eek:

And I can't wait to finally see some Romanian League games. Is that Dinu girl related to Cornel Dinu?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts