Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you know some quote football players??
Give me greated&impressed quote !!

for example>

Van Vasten:"If Ryan Giggs is worth £20m, then Dennis Bergkamp must be worth £100m "

Fabio Capello:"In my time as a manager the only talents i've seen that can compare to cassano is Raul, Maldini, and Baresi"

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Can't remember how it exactly goes:

"I was about to sign for Tottenham until I heard Arsenal wanted to sign me. I used the money Gerry Francis* gave me for a taxi to go to Highbury and sign a contract." - Emmanuel Petit.

* = I think it was he who did that.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Not about any players but about fans, the manu fans to be exact

"Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football? They have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch."
-Roy Keane on the ManUre prawn munchin brigade

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
"I'd like to play for one of the big Italian clubs, like Barcelona"
- Mark Draper.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Draper was quite a hot talent at one time. :googly:

Alex Ferguson : "Wes Brown is the best young defender in Europe" :shades:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Roy Keane "I'm better then Gerrard and Vieira" lmao thats almost as bad as the ManUre fans claiming ManU r better then liverpool

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
"You may have been born a Juventino and will die a Juventino, but we all know you need EPO to play like a Juventino" - Deano (Roma's FM)

"A player on words from his version though"

·
63,337 Posts
Fernando Morientes : "I have no wish to go and play for Tottenham or play in London.

"Real are the European champions, while Tottenham have not even qualified for the UEFA Cup". :shades:

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Manager Tommy Docherty reacting to an opposition Manager's syrupy hype of an average player:
Opp. Manager: "Half a million wouldn't buy him"
Docherty: "Yeah, and I'm one of them!"
Opp. Manager: "That lad doesn't know the meaning of the word defeat"
Docherty: "He doesn't know the meaning of the words pass, dribble, or shoot, either"

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
He's the only player I know who can dribble in a square meter (Johann Cruijff on Romario)

Ronnie is so quick he touches the ball 4 times in half a second, if I try to play like him I'll end up injuring myself (Philip Cocu on Ronaldinho Gaucho)

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
George Best talking about England international Geoff Thomas:

"He traps the ball further than I used to kick it":D

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Amazing guys keep them coming :D

I remember this amazing quote from :star: Hierro :star: about Raul Blanco Gonzales..

" Raul might not be a 10 in many things, but he is a 9 in everything" :star: BLANCO :star:

·
Registered
461 Posts
This comment came into my mind, (Roberto carlos) was asked once about (Henry).He said something that i thought was rather funny,he said about (Henry)"I bet he knows how to dance samba)referring to (Henry) amazing pace, dribble, and technique.what amazes me though how (Carlos)himself has forgot to dance the (samba)lately.

·
63,337 Posts
It's a bit harder to do the Samba when you get into your thirties, maybe that's why :pp

Henry quotes all players he likes as "they make you jump out of your seat" he has used this for Ronaldinho, Rooney, Cassano and others before now, not much variety in his quotes.

·
Registered
60,503 Posts
"I'm more of a man than all of you put together"

Christian Vieri in a press confrence during Euro 2004, in response to Italian journalists. :shades:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Jose Antonio Reyes on Garry Neville and Rio Ferdiand before England-Spain:

"They were filthy in the United game and if there is kicking going on in this game it would be very suspicious. I hope Ferdinand and Neville have forgotten the Arsenal game and don't kick me as much as in Manchester".

Needless to say Neville kicked him. Repeatedly. :D

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eugino Facshetti(The past Bari Manager):"players like Cassano come along once every 50 years"

Giovanni Trapattoni:"Cassano is a genius, The trouble with geniuses is they also have the ability to drive you mad in five minutes."

Carlos Queiroz:"At the European Championship or the next World Cup, he will become a star"

Thierry Henry(Before euro 2004):“I think that Italy will be among the Finalists, and not just because they have an incredible defence.”
“I really like Cassano, because when you see him play he makes you jump in your seat with some of the things he comes out with. He’s so creative and crazy, as if he’s playing with his chums in a courtyard.Totti and Zinedine Zidane are phenomenal and we all know that,” concluded Henry, but Cassano is going to be the real surprise of this tournament.”

1 - 20 of 121 Posts