Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feel about this rather polemic move of Falcão from futsal to São Paulo. I'm aware it's risky as hell, but the man knows his way with a ball. As Leão has stated, if he manages to play 50% of what he plays on court, he'll be an undeniable success. Actually, I believe that if he plays 25% of what he can do, our attacking problems are solved. Moreover it's a great marketing weapon, since he's the best in the world, and it will bring more fans to the stadium at first, because it is a new thing.

Oh yeah. Besides being #1 futsal player in the world, Ronaldinho is his fan. That's all the credentials I need.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm very curious about that!

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
I think he is a bit too old for the move. I think there is more chances to fail than succed.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Interesting. I'm curious whether can he still play as well as he did in futsal after taking all those knocks and physical abuse in an actual football match. In futsal, you don't see players sliding in with hard tackles from all angles ;)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I am really sorry to hear that. No way he will become an influential football player. And rejecting to be No. 1 futsal player of the world just to become one of many many good football players is a bad idea, IMHO. Damn, I was really looking forward to see Falcao play in one of top European futsal sides. :depress:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
JCamilo said:
I think he is a bit too old for the move. I think there is more chances to fail than succed.
Urubu matreiro :finger: :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bando de invejosos, hehehe!

The thing everyone is forgetting is that he did pretty good in Palmeiras. Marco Aurelio was sacked and he wasn't given a chance.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Well, good luck to him, although I'd prefer him to stay in futsal.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
How old is he and can somebody please tell me about his carear and achivments in Futsal?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
He is 27. And was nominated a few weeks ago the best Futsal player in the world.
It will be interesting to see how Falcão will play on the field. What position do you all think he will play? AM or Forward?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I believe he'll play as attacking midfielder. I've read somewhere that Ricardinho from Santos, who is Falcao's personal friend, has been giving him tips on midfield positioning and similar stuff. :)

And of course it's risky, but it's also a GREAT marketing move – not to mention the low investment involved – and if he succeeds SP will have a top-class reinforcement. :strong: But considering the inevitable adaptation period, SP will need to have other short-term alternatives, especially for the Paulista.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts