Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The quarter-final draw of the Carlsberg FAI Senior Cup has thrown up some interesting ties with Bohemians against Bray Wanderers the clash of the round.

Bray Wanderers striker and assistant-manager, Paul Keegan, described the Seasiders clash with Dublin giants Bohemians as a 'grudge match'.

"We'll certainly be up for it," said Keegan. "There's been a lot of controversy over the past few seasons regarding the fixture and it will definitely be a grudge match. We've been drawn for our last couple of ties in the cup away from home so we're well used to that. Things are going well and we'll certainly give it a go."

Meanwhile, speaking after the draw Bohemians midfielder, Kevin Hunt, admitted that it was a very tough draw but said he was not surprised.

"I had a funny feeling we were going to be drawn to play Bray," said the Gypsies captain. "There is a bit of history between the two teams, especially with the controversy of the last couple of seasons. But I'm looking forward to the game."

Bohemians chances of retaining the league title have all but evaporated and Hunt knows the pressure is now on the Dalymount club to do well in the cup.

"I suppose with the league all but over in terms of retaining the title, the pressure will be on us to win the cup, especially in terms of playing in Europe. We seem to have found our confidence since Stephen (Kenny) took over, so you never know."

UCD manager, Paul Doolin, was delighted to have home advantage but will not know his opponents until Sunday when Derry City take on St Kevins in their third round replay.

"The first thing you always look for is home advantage and we've got that which is a bonus," said the former Shelbourne midfielder. "However, it would be unfair to comment on the opposition because we still don't know who they are going to be."

Despite being drawn to face another premier league side, St Kevins Boys manager Dermot Wilkins is refusing to look past Sunday's replay with the Candystripes at the Brandywell.

"We are still the underdog and we can't look past Derry. Each game has been a bonus for us so far and we're enjoying every minute of it. Even an eircom league team would be daunted by a trip to the Brandywell, so all we can do is give it our best shout and hope we can pull something special off."

The Full draw is:

Shamrock Rovers V Sligo Rovers

Bohemians V Bray Wanderers

Dundalk V Finn Harps

U.C.D. V Derry City/St Kevins Boys

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Didn't know where were a fan of irish football rochemback. You usually s****** at it. Anyway hope dundalk go all the way

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
mad to see the Bohs described as giants! Speaking of grudge matches Shels are playing Pats tonight. Pity its raining cats and dogs at the mo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was at the Bohs/Wanderers cup match last year and it was full of incident (unlike Bohs V Cobh last Friday). I'm looking forward to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts