Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first Quarter Final in 13 years. Since then teams such as Luton, Oldham, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Barnsley (Twice!), Tranmere(Twice!), Wycombe, Burnley and Millwall have all been to the quarter finals whilst we haven't. We've consistently reached the 5th round, in 2004, 2002, 2001, 1997, 1996 and 1995, but couldn't squeeze into the last eight. For us then, this is quite a big deal, and at the risk of sounding sad, exciting. I feel we could win it this year (the first time ever for me really), and I believe we can beat West Ham. We already did them this season, and home advantage is a huge advantage for City.

We expect the team to be similar to the one that beat Villa, as Pearce rightfully rested 8 players against Wigan. Samaras came on as a sub, and limped off, but we hope he'll be fit in time to play. Distin returned, but whether or not he'll start is another issue. West Ham also rested their players, although not as many from the looks of their team. I expect to see something like this:

James; Richards, Dunne, Jordan, Sun or Distin; Sinclair, Musampa, Barton, Rieira; Vassel and Samaras or BWP.

·
Registered
866 Posts
unlucky with injuries and depth of the squad, if this was good chance to get to europe or advanse to semis nonetheless, than we should field team B for premiership game against wigan and lose it like we evidently lost right and get ready for this one....

sorry but this was poor performance by city, if this is :thmbdown: how you play with 100% determination and being game of the season , than I`m sorry this club need few new fresh faces and dump some in a process.....

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
****ing hell. I didn't watch it as the shitty university bar in Durham didn't show it. I've seen Kiki's goal, and the sending off which was stupid but a bit harsh. Our season is genuinely over now as we're 11th and its too late to push on for a European place.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The Green One said:
****ing hell. I didn't watch it as the shitty university bar in Durham didn't show it. I've seen Kiki's goal, and the sending off which was stupid but a bit harsh. Our season is genuinely over now as we're 11th and its too late to push on for a European place.
mathematiccly we have to secure prem. status so we need 2 more wins to make it 100% clear, and yes all hype is over, maybe we should get busy is transfer market

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. It was painfully clear we've got too shallow a squad to succeed. Despite spending £6m on a striker, we still appear lightweight up front, and BWP does not appear to be good enough. Midfield is desperate for a right winger, as depsite Sinclair playing well there, he won't last forever. With Barton gone, we will be lacking in midfield. We have the numbers, but not enough quality. It is time to do away with deadwood and bring in some fresh faces.

·
Registered
866 Posts
how serious is barton rumor to arsenal and graveson transfer from real m.?

kiki should be shown doors as well, we need some good holding midfielder for that role, in attack we seem OK, sibierski should be placed in midfield and reina seems like good signning and deal if we get him this summer.

all in all 2-3 good new signings and we can dream again, hopefully with better outcome

COME ON CITEH!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts