Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a thread to bash English players but for 1 so young he gave a very good acount of himself against quality opposition. Personally ive never seen Rooney impose himself against euro opposition for club like young Cesc did. If cesc were english we would have had a media blitz telling us how wonderful he is but as he is Spanish, not much will be said

The Enlishman (Beckham) reinforced how limited they are as players. he cant even do a simple dribble. He turns back all times when there is someone infront of him :frustrat: Anti beautiful football

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
you are basing this largely on one performance against a very lacklustre madrid side tonite....hes an average player atm and would be in barca b still

·
Registered
505 Posts
Beckhams performs was so poor his deliveries were poor and he looked nothing like himself. Fabregas on the other hand played like this was just another match. But i must say Zidane was over-marked (not bringing down Arsenals efforts) but h's lethal n they played him out of the game. Three defenders each time he had the ball

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The point is about media exposure and hype sir not necessarily how he played. If he had been an Enlish guy of such young age, we would all need to go into hiding to escape the hype. Fabgregas gave a good account of himself and to any neutral, he was class. Sublime skill and none of this pushing, power, shoving and tackling etc which some seem to relish and unappreciated anywhere else

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Fabregas would get more hype if he was English for sure, but that is understandable.

if he played in Spain then the Spanish press would be going crazy over him.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
For me theres one thing missing in his game, and thats scoring, hes been setting up many assists this season, so thats an improvement in his game.
I think in 3 years when hes 21, he will add goals, who knows maybe sooner.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I don't get it. Cesc is neither English nor overrated. Why would you make such a comparison? Why don't you say that all Brasilians are overrated. Especially because Robinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Cicinho were all rolled up and smoked. Robinho, whose new name is Robinho Eboue (Since Eboue is his real dad), got played off the park. He didn't do shit and hasn't done shit all season yet many Brasilian pundits rate him as the second coming of buddah.

Beckham is not representative of all English players.

Let Cesc be and don't compare him to English or any other country's players. I personally don't want all of that hype to fall on him. Let others deal with the hype bull shit and leave Cesc alone to grow more.

·
63,337 Posts
Paraiso, i don't think we should under estimate Robinho cause Eboue took care of him, he is still a huge gift, no doubts, i was well pleased when they took him off for Raul as Robinho is the sort of player that can pull something out of the hat at any moment.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Paraiso, i don't think we should under estimate Robinho cause Eboue took care of him, he is still a huge gift, no doubts, i was well pleased when they took him off for Raul as Robinho is the sort of player that can pull something out of the hat at any moment.
Raul came on in the 65th or 70th minute because Robinho was completely stuffed by Eboue. If he's full of gifts and can pull something out of his hat then the first half was an indication that tonight wasn't his night.

Did you see how Eboue defended him? He gave him space. Every other defender I have seen that plays against Robinho, when he has a good night, always lunges at him or fouls him to stop him. Eboue wasn't having any of that and hence Robinho was cast out.

By the way I'm not underestimating Robinho. I'm just making a relevant example to the one posed by Darkchild.

How can Cesc having a good night be any indication of wether English players are overrated or not?

·
63,337 Posts
Paraiso, i don't think Darkchild was making a comparison about talent but about hype.

I was just saying that Robinho is a sensational talent, even though Eboue made him look like a dummy tonight, that's more a praise of Eboue than the detriment of Robinho, ;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Fabregas would get more hype if he was English for sure, but that is understandable.

if he played in Spain then the Spanish press would be going crazy over him.
100% agreed.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Paraiso, i don't think Darkchild was making a comparison about talent but about hype.

I was just saying that Robinho is a sensational talent, even though Eboue made him look like a dummy tonight, that's more a praise of Eboue than the detriment of Robinho, ;)

I know it was about hype. That's why I named those Brasilian players. They are hyped to hell and back yet their performances were all horrible.

In his first example Darkchild talked about Rooney and Beckham and I pointed out the Brazilians as an example that everyone is over hyped in their own country, but the Brasilians are over hyped all over the globe. So to say that just English players are over hyped is not right.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Darkchild said:
Not a thread to bash English players but for 1 so young he gave a very good acount of himself against quality opposition. Personally ive never seen Rooney impose himself against euro opposition for club like young Cesc did. If cesc were english we would have had a media blitz telling us how wonderful he is but as he is Spanish, not much will be said

Thanx....i have been sayin that for yrs now...media is crap , dont be influenced by them...there r not 50 peles in world like da media will tell ya so...lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Arsenal starting the game with no English player says a lot about how good English players generally are.

As for players being overrated. Almost all top players playing in Spain, Italy and England are overrated, regardless of their nationalities.

·
Registered
97 Posts
English players are quality but the top teams are full of foriegn players and think of the english championship basically full of home grown talent. There is no 2nd division league as good as the championship in the world

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
fabregas was the best midfielder on the park today, and at just 18 or 19 that is a fanatstic acheivement up against zidane, guti,beckham and robinho

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
LordPersie said:
fabregas was the best midfielder on the park today, and at just 18 or 19 that is a fanatstic acheivement up against zidane, guti,beckham and robinho

fabregas was the best midfielder??? :eekani:

·
Registered
933 Posts
huckerby6ncfc said:
English players are quality but the top teams are full of foriegn players and think of the english championship basically full of home grown talent. There is no 2nd division league as good as the championship in the world

How many second divisions have you watched to come to this assumption?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts