Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at this moment i believe they are,they are just ecstatic,and maybe in the future they will be better aswell,i just love to see Arsenal play at this moment...i might say these are the best 2 offensive teams at the moment in Europe :proud: :tongue:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
At the moment sure, Etoo is off form and Messi is injured. Deco is going through an "average" moment.

Overall, no. Potentially, no.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
No way...Arsenal are playing some very exciting football and those players mentioned in the thread title are very good, but the boys at barca are a level above them.

I tell you one thing, if the final is Barca VS Arsenal, we are gong to see an awesome game.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Comparing the players at their respective positions, i come to this conclusion:

Deco > Fabregas
Ronnie > RVP
Eto'o < Henry
Messi > Hleb

so i guess that's a definitive no.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Stygmata said:
Comparing the players at their respective positions, i come to this conclusion:

Deco > Fabregas
Ronnie > RVP
Eto'o < Henry
Messi > Hleb

so i guess that's a definitive no.
Cesc will be a better player than Deco within two years.

RVP has special potential, Hleb is also great.

Arsenal are much younger, we should not be comparing players like Cesc, RVP and Hleb who are nowhere near their full potential to established stars like Ronaldinho and Deco.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Saha, Park and RvN10 are much, much better and that is reflected on the amount of goals scored in the EPL this season.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Red Bed said:
Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Saha, Park and RvN10 are much, much better and that is reflected on the amount of goals scored in the EPL this season.
Yeah, with Henry, Hleb and RVP missing about 200 games between them. :rollani:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Yeah, with Henry and Hleb and RVP missing about 200 games between them. :rollani:
Fair point there but when Arsenal are completely flowing they might have a slight advantage.

But United are a lot more consistant and can play beautiful football even against the most tedious teams, e.g. Bolton.

And we all know what happens when Bolton meet Arsenal.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Cesc will be a better player than Deco within two years..
If he continues developing at this rate its possible

RVP has special potential, Hleb is also great

Arsenal are much younger, we should not be comparing players like Cesc, RVP and Hleb who are nowhere near their full potential to established stars like Ronaldinho and Deco.
Mention all 4 players not just selective. Henry is 28 to Ronaldinho 26. RVP is 22 while Messi is 18 and Etoo is just a year older than Hleb. Cesc is clearly younger than Deco. An average age of Arsenal´s 23 to Barcelonas 24 isnt "much younger".

I agree Hleb and RVP should not be compared to Ronaldinho, not because of age but because they will never reach that level regardless of age. Messi is better than those two aswell although that Ill admit to be more open to debate.

As I said before, Arsenal at the moment are better to watch. Etoo needs to recapture form and Deco needs to be more direct. Ronaldinho is awesome as always and better than any player apart from 3 or 4 even at 75 percent while Messi is injured.

But potentially no that 4 isnt as good, neither have they shown to be as good when both have been at their best this season.

·
&#9484;&#8745;&#9488;(&#9699;_&#9698;)&#9484;&#874
31,893 Posts
Master Wenger packed up the mid and then strike on a semi-counter.

Riijkard just place 3 or 4 or 5 to attack in Front.

Barca is more Gutsy, and probably suicidal :D.............. but hey, They could play Tactical footie too..... seen it v cfc.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
You haven't seen the fuidity of Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Ruud, Park, O'Shea with runs from Gary Neville and Mikael Silvestre/Evra from deep.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
LucaToni said:
Fabregas,Hleb,RVP,Henry a better offensive team than Deco,Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Messi???
That's overstating it a bit, don't you think? Perhaps in a season or two that line-up may be at par with Barcelona's but right now the latter's got the edge, no doubt.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
A few good games and all of a sudden Arsenal are like the best team in the world! On form they are good, but they are 5th in EPL and havent really set the world alight this season apart from the last 3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
At this moment, yes, Barca aren't at their best... but when both would be on peak form, it would be to hard to compare, but I think Barca would edge it.

Hopefully these two will provide a great UCL Final!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
player for player barca are better as a unit barca are better , its not as if hleb or cesc bang in the goals now is it. Then it just comes down to wether henry is on form or not, at the moment he is and arsneal are playing some quality stuff.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Deano said:
A few good games and all of a sudden Arsenal are like the best team in the world! On form they are good, but they are 5th in EPL and havent really set the world alight this season apart from the last 3 weeks or so.
but thats what we're talking about isnt it, no one here is claiming that over the season arsenal have been better than barcelona. But in the last month or so we have been in incredible form and barcelona have been good without being amazing. On current form i think its equal, although overall ill happily admit barca offense over arsenal offence. Still, its the first few weeks for a very long time that everyones been fit and thats helping to build the team.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
A season of football is always like this. Physical sharpness and fitness goes in cycles throughout a season. Arsenal right now are playing really well, but they are not the standard of the above Barcelona players as a unit even if they have as much chance of winning the CL as them.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Deano said:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
not even the best offence in england :sweeteye:

1 - 20 of 197 Posts