Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of this guy,
I personally think hes great.

Now he is unsettled at barca and is apparently talking with parma.
I think we should go for him, I see him as the ideal replacement for edgar(should he leave)

anyone agree??

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
I haven't seen him playing, because I've never had the opportunity to.

But form what I've read on the Barca forum about him I assume that he is still not ready to be a man, who can make the difference.
Sure - great talent. Maybe we could chase him, maybe not. He could easily turno out to be either a flop or a good prospect.

Also, I heard that he injuried slightly 4 team-mates during trainings. Do we need that? :)

We have just bought Baiocco, who has proved to be a good Seria A material. With some good working under Lippi, he has the chance to become even better. And besides - he's relatively young - 26 years old.

Around Xmas - there was around a rumour about Kaladze from Milan and rochemback from Barca - hm, I have neved liked Kaladze that much.

However, my observations, based on the comments towards Fabio Rochemback are that he has definitely to improve more in order to become a Calcio material. He has still poor and good periods of play. He is not consistent in his peroformances.

Anyway, just to add news about the DM position: I read on Football Italia, how Trezeguet says that Vieria could join Juve and RM are not the only option. Vieria has been talking with trez about Juve as a team, as a staff, as players, etc.

Maybe some Barca passer-by can help with more info on Rochemback?

:)

Bye Bye.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Fabio Rochemback !? That would be the hell of a great capture !!! :)
The guy is just great... I've been following him since he joined Barça (I am myself a Barça fan too... Shame on me!!!) and I see a bright future for him !

He's very very young (19 or 20 maybe??), he's full of talent but as Ivan pointed out, he lacks a bit of consistency but I guess this is due to his young age !

During the CL match against Liverpool he just show all his class ! Yeah thats' the word that suits him the best: class ! :)

He's got a huge shot (very powerfull), a great passing (the guy can make assists) and he's a hardworker (perfect physical condition >> he runs a lot during the matchs)...

Defensively he's a bit too nervous (a bit like Edgar sometimes) and he commits stupid fools on a regular basis !

He seems to be rather versatile tough the right flank is his side of predilection...

I don't think he would be the ideal replacement fordavids tough ! Viera is the only one to match Edgar's characteristics IMO... Btw - even if Trez said nothinghad been decided yet I feel he'll join Real :fero:

In conclusion I would go for Rochemback any day !!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that he will need a little time to find his consistency, but i really do see him in the centre.
He has everything that a great cm needs, his passing is outstanding, defensively he is top quality, and he is also more than capable of the powerful forward runs we see from edgar, plus he has an amazing shot.
On top of that he can playright mid, right back or centre back if need arises.
And at 21 he is a real long term prospect.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Well, seems that I have to eat my words after reading your comments, which are anyway more competent than mine one right at the moment as I haven't seen him in action.

Bye Bye.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Paul, I really don't know about him being a CM really ! :)
He really excells on the right flank and I'm not sure how he would react if he had to go in the centre ! Besides in the centre there's already Tacchinardi (in defence) and Nedved (in offence)...

To me, Rochemback would be an ideal replacement for Zambrotta but I don't see why Gianluca would move away from Turin !... :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well whichever way we were to use him I think he would be a great buy, that we shouldnt let go to parma.
I would just love to see him in our shirt:)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Steph: From Ze da Fiel's ramblings on Rochembach when he came into recoqnition with the Brazilian U-NT- I think Respaul is right on Rochembach being a center player. I must admit the few times I've actually seen Rochemback in action for Barca- he has been more central than right wing.
You're not thinking about the other young Brazilian - Geovanni - are you ?

Either way- I cannot say Maresca is better of worse, more talented or less than Rochembach, but it seems to me defensive midfielders aren't really a priority right now. With Tach., Davids, Conte, Maresca and Baiocco I mean (although I don't think Juve has confirmed the signing yet ?).

Ciao.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Glen I am positive about this !
I watched Barça 2 or 3 times this season inthe CL and every time he played on the right flank evn tough he covers a lot of surface and often comes in the centre !!! :)

Geovanni ?? Hell no I'm not confounding ! :dielaugh:

·
Administrator
52,908 Posts
even though he can play on the right mid position you shouldnt confuse him for being a true right winger.

it was more or less him covering up for Geovanni wen Geovanni playing the right forward in a 3-4-3 formation, atleast that was the impression i got of watching few barca games at the beginning of this season.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Personally I think that nobody can replace a player like Davids, not even somebody of Rochemback's class.

Anyway, if we can trust the rumours, Davids is unhappy and will leave, which is sad as he's a great man and an outstanding player. Rochemback surely would be one of the best replacement, but I highly doubt if Barca will sell a player of his class after one year...

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Surely Jkane. Maybe Rochemback doesn't fit in Rexach's plans but I'm quite sure the Barça management realizes that Rochemback is something special and could turn into some star in the next 2 years so I don't think they would sell him right now (unless we give a huge amount of money off course which I doubt Agnelli is ready to do). Besides they will surely give him more playtime at the end of the year to calm his demands a bit...

But let's keep an eye on him and I hope somedayhe will wear a black&white jersey...

Osman,
We seem to agree on his position ! In all case something is for sure... Rochemback's best games in CL were against Fenerbahçe (he made an assist and played really well) and off course against Liverpool at Anfield (where he came in as a substitute and scored a wonderful goal) and guess what...he was playing on the right flank.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Rochembach´s a central defensive midfielder, and I don´t think that would change in Turin.
But stephañho is absolutely right, the Brazilian had to cover the whole right side when he played, since we used a 4-3-3 system with three DM´s in midfield: (from left to right) Cocu - Xavi - Rochembach

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
MxPx said:
But stephañho is absolutely right
Not absolutely I'm afraid :D but muchas gracias anyway ! >> Credit to Osman10
And thanks for the precision btw ! I was convinced by watching Barça that he was a pure RM but it seems it was just a temporary role...
But still I maintain he's amazing in that right flank position.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts