Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know he is in sporting at the moment and hailed as the 2nd comming of cristiano ronaldo.I would love to know more about this youngster so if any one knows more please post.

·
Registered
61 Posts
legend in cm, pretty popular in portugal,my causin who plays for benfica u 19s has played against him,says he has amazing skill and hard to defend against but well see.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Too much talent

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Very talented young player, if he plays his cards right, he could have a great future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Paim is such a great talent! Dribles like hell!
I think he´s Injury right now,
but to get the idea Ronaldo said: "If you like me playing, w8 to see Paim."
So just w8 and see.. lol

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
We need to be a little less optimistic. The reason we got players like Paulo Sousa, Futre, Figo, was because we didn't just over-rate every thing that could hit a ball a few times, and more and more that's what's going on. I'm not against praising players, but no player can live without an incentive; look what happened to Dani, he thought he was a blaze and look what happened to him? Fabio Paim is still young, he's got time to develop, time to reach maturity and all that.

I don't want to see Paim become another Freddy Adu because we launched him into the game way too quickly, same with the 10 year old romanian that signed with Sporting not long ago.

Football is a game of patience, on and off the pitch, and it's those who can't wait for good things to happen who ultimately lose.

·
Registered
553 Posts
What positions can Paim play (I know he's a winger, but I'm wondering how versatile he is)?

How has he been doing recently?

·
Registered
133 Posts
what little less optimistic? have you ever seen paim play? the guy is just outstanding! If you see him then you stop sayig that!

Paim can play as a winger, a Nº10 or second forward.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
It's a matter of letting the system work on it's own. There's no reason to take him the Freddy Adu route. Hell, the sad thing is, I bet Freddy Adu wouldn't be anything more special in the Sporting youth team compared to the midfield they got.

But again, it must be emphasized that he needs time. This is why guys like Edgar Marcelinho, Joao Moutinho, Martins, Custodio are all coming along so well. Most of these guys were known years before they made their debuts but no one over-did them to the point where they would fall-short of all the expecations. Same thing has to be done with Paim. Don't expect him to be the greatest, be patient.

Fabio Paim could turn out to be Ronaldo/Figo OR he could turn out to be another Paiva/Peixe.

Figo always lived under Peixe's spotlight and he became known as one of the best Portuguese. And Ronaldo always lived under Quaresma's spotlight until his move to United.

Quaresma alone should be an example of what can happen when everyone keeps billing someone as the greatest thing ever. I don't want to see Fabio Paim getting a premature move abroad to the wrong team (Barcelona aren't that great in U-21 youth IMO).

Granted, Quaresma's life isn't over just because he got self-cocky, but if Quaresma wasn't hyped as much he'd probably be a lot further ahead in his career than he is now.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
hmmm , I think Paim will be promoted to the a squad this yr

·
Registered
604 Posts
BeiraMarense said:
It's a matter of letting the system work on it's own. There's no reason to take him the Freddy Adu route. Hell, the sad thing is, I bet Freddy Adu wouldn't be anything more special in the Sporting youth team compared to the midfield they got.

But again, it must be emphasized that he needs time. This is why guys like Edgar Marcelinho, Joao Moutinho, Martins, Custodio are all coming along so well. Most of these guys were known years before they made their debuts but no one over-did them to the point where they would fall-short of all the expecations. Same thing has to be done with Paim. Don't expect him to be the greatest, be patient.

Fabio Paim could turn out to be Ronaldo/Figo OR he could turn out to be another Paiva/Peixe.

Figo always lived under Peixe's spotlight and he became known as one of the best Portuguese. And Ronaldo always lived under Quaresma's spotlight until his move to United.

Quaresma alone should be an example of what can happen when everyone keeps billing someone as the greatest thing ever. I don't want to see Fabio Paim getting a premature move abroad to the wrong team (Barcelona aren't that great in U-21 youth IMO).

Granted, Quaresma's life isn't over just because he got self-cocky, but if Quaresma wasn't hyped as much he'd probably be a lot further ahead in his career than he is now.
great post ..the same is under lampard whos a brilliant player who lived in joe cole's shadow and gerrard who lived under ince's shadow and murphy and thompson

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
SM ONLINE What's he been progressing like?[/QUOTE said:
He is too good for da EPL

·
Registered
604 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
SM ONLINE What's he been progressing like?[/QUOTE said:
He is too good for da EPL
that's very subjective:yawn:and an outrageous view

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Ahhh just what I wanted to hear.

I just thought he was going to be another player who got lucky stats on Champ.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Is he?

Can you answer my question now please.

i did :confused:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
I asked how he's been progressing and you said "he's to good for da epl". Now are you a retard or just don't have a very good grasp of the English language?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts