Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spain coach Luis Aragones has called up uncapped Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas for Wednesday's international friendly against the Ivory Coast.

Fabregas, 18, is named in Aragones' 22-man squad after his convincing performance in Tuesday's 1-0 Champions League victory against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

Aragones has surprisingly left out Chelsea defender Asier del Horno, who was sent off in midweek against Barcelona in the Champions League.

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina and team-mates Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso and Fernando Morientes have been selected as has Arsenal striker Jose Antonio Reyes

well deserved. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Liam made him, he was rubbish when we first picked him up.
Rubish? Cesc?

Man, the guy was just 16 when you bought him, and he won some kind of Euro U-17 cup

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
repLica said:
Man, the guy was just 16 when you bought him, and he won some kind of Euro U-17 cup
that was a fluke, when he first arrived we had to teach him how to trap the ball without it bouncing six feet away. ;)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Wonder if will stay when Xavi returns.

I think he will.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
When Xavi comes back he will be dumped, so hopefully he will enjoy his 15 minutes of fame.

Good player, mind, shame he plays for THAT club. :fero: :mad:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that was a fluke, when he first arrived we had to teach him how to trap the ball without it bouncing six feet away. ;)
Anyway, its the way you said we made him . I mean, you can teach a player or give advices, but if he is not good, he wont be. Simple statement. Cesc would have learned it also at the Barca i guess.

Also i have to say Wenger is a good role teaching youngsters, and probably Cesc would be stucked at the Barca 'B' .

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Fabregas was the best awarded the best player of the tournament award and topscorer in the U-17 Euro (or was it WC?) before he joined Arsenal so it's pretty safe to assume that you didn't make him. He has improved obviously considering that he plays so often but the talent was already there long before he joined Arsenal.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Red Bed said:
I hope you aren't for real pal.
he means in a few years.... i think :cool:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Cesc has the potential to become better but currently a fit Xavi is superior in almost every way.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts