Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FA to investigate Moratti claims Thursday 18 April, 2002

The Italian Football Federation are set to open an investigation after Inter President Massimo Moratti questioned the credibility of the League championship.

The Nerazzurri Chief made a number of statements on Thursday that seemed to insinuate that everything is not necessarily as it seems in the Serie A race.

"There are strange things happening at the moment," he said. "I hear that Juventus are set to buy Dario Hubner and Sunday they play against his Piacenza side. This seems very odd to me and the FIGC need to intervene."

He added: "Another thing that I’ve noted is that when Milan and Juventus meet in a season that Inter are fighting for the title, the result never seems to favour us. That occurred again last week.

"I know that Milan played well and gave their all but then they scored an own goal and Juventus won the game. Therefore I hope that Milan give their best against Roma on Sunday. After all it is in their interest. We’ll just wait and see what happens."

Moratti’s statement brought immediate reaction. Serie A top scorer Hubner denied that he was in talks with Juventus. And the Bianconeri also angrily rubbished the claims.

"They are insulting insinuations," blasted Juve President Vittorio Chiusano. "And totally unacceptable."

Chiusano and club directors Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo are also believed to have telephoned Moratti to deny that they have made any contact for the Piacenza striker.

Meanwhile, the FIGC released a statement in which they asked to talk to "President Massimo Moratti as soon as possible in order to clarify which irregularities he believes have occurred surrounding the issues he raised."

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
As far as I have understood, Moratti has said that he has never said those things and they were made up by media. Atleast that is what I could gathered after reading inter.it

So I don´t know what to believe and it´s freaking hilarious if indeed Moratti has said these things AND that the FA is gonna investigate and probably publically humiliate Moratti since they will obviously not find anything anyway, BUT when Sensi is blaming Inter for several things nothing is being done. Hilarious...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
It would be strange if he hadn't said it though, as it's been reported everywhere, and it is indeed ludicrous statements.

Calciomercato has informed that not only the federation, but also Juve has taken legal action against Moratti.

As for Sensi- Carraro was mentioned to have filed a civil complaint against Sensi last week.

The timing is rather odd though (if such claims can ever be natural ;)), as Moratti cannot be completely blind to Brescia having that late first half goal disallowed through a "narrow" offside, or Mazzone's red card after the second half penalty claim.

Anyway- we'll propably know more tomorrow.

Ciao.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
A goal which was scored 3 seconds after the whistle and Cordoba stopped playing and left Toni unmarked in the middle,whom he was marking before the whistle came. If Toni shoots after he has heard the whistle just for fun,then of course Inter can´t be blamed for it nor it should be said that the goal was dissallowed.It was no offside yes, but if the referee hadn´t whistled I doubt that the pass would have gone through to Toni anyway since Cordoba was marking him and would have most likely blocked the pass.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Giovedì 18 Aprile 2002, 21:13

Piacenza: Hubner risponde a Moratti

Anche Dario Hubner ha risposto alle insinuazione di Massimo Moratti.
"Posso assicurargli il massimo impegno.Il Piacenza ha bisogno di fare almeno un punto per la salvezza, quindi domenica cercherò di fare non un solo gol alla Juve, ma due. Dobbiamo vincere, quanto al resto posso solo dire che se uno sa di essere pulito dentro, se ha la coscienza a posto, non può avere problemi. Io cerchero' il gol fino all'ultimo minuto dell'ultimo supplementare".

Datasport

Look at what Hubner replied to Moratti:

Dario Hubner replies to the insinuations of Massimo Moratti.
"I can guarantee the maximum performance. Piacenza needs to make at least one point on Sunday for salvation, so on Sunday I will not only try to score one goal against Juventus but actually I will try to score 2 goals against Juventus. We have to win, about the rest all I can say is that if one knows that one is clean inside, if one has a clear conscience there cannot be any problems. I will look to score until the last minute of injury time.

Datasport

Now Hubner is gonna have to score on Sunday otherwise there are going to be suspicions.........

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Jimmy; I'm not saying Inter is "helped", only that the dubious incidents of that particular game makes Moratti's statement, and the timing of it, even more rediculous if it's infact true that he said it- which seems rather propable with the max attention it's getting.

...and when saying dubious I'm not implying anything either. Every match has it's incidents, but Moratti being just as much of a persecuted holy man as Sensi use to be isn't anymore flattering for him than it is when Sensi is.

Ciao.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Moratti Makes Serious Juve Allegations

An amazing outburst (AP)
04/18/2002. The Italian Football Federation are set to investigate comments made by Massimo Moratti after the Inter president questioned the credibility of Serie A

The Nerazzurri chief has insinuated that things are not as they should be in the Scudetto race, and that his own side may be the victims of a conspiracy.

"I hear strange things that Juventus are set to sign Dario Hubner and on Sunday they play against his Piacenza side," he said. "They are also interested in Ze Maria and when they played his Perugia team the other day they won. This is odd and the FIGC need to intervene.

"Also I notice that whenever Milan play Juventus, and we are challenging for the Scudetto, the result goes against us. That happened last weekend.

"Milan may have performed well but then they scored an own-goal and Juventus won the match. We'll see what happens when they play Roma this weekend."

Juventus have refuted Moratti's accusations surrounding Hubner, and president Vittorio Chiusano actually phoned him to deny that the club had any interest in signing the player.

SA Italy

·
Registered
264 Posts
Moratti is pathetic. The stupidity of his remarks speak for themselves. He is a desperate man who feels the Scudetto slipping and now he is saying moronic things.

If you read the article printed in Corriere della Sera (http://www.corriere.it/edicola/index.jsp?path=SPORT&doc=JUVE) it will refresh our memories that Inter did the same thing when it faced off against Fiorentina (Morfeo & Adani sold to Inter).

It happens all the time so Moratti using this poor example shows just what pathetic fool he is.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Moratti is a kunt.....simple

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
Yeah I can't believe Moratti actually came out with this s***.

Seriously if he actually said that then he's a complete idiot - especailly this B.S. about Milan throwing the Juve game - thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in Italian football.

As I've said before Moratti would be at his most effective tied up and gagged in his Milanese office unable to do or say anything except signing checks to buy the players Cuper wants.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I have to agree with you Tazz and Red. That´s why I said it was hilarious, since they won´t find anything, instead he just ruins our reputation. I was quite pleased that we hadn´t engaged ourselves to this "War of words" that atleast Roma have been doing since our match with them. But I guess Moratti couldn´t be mature enough and stay away from the allegations.

We should stick to football and get our results on the pitch. Not off the pitch! To dig a grave where we risk to lose our concentration isn´t that smart dammit!!!

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
and the 4 injuries to the Milan players which left them with 10 men was a ploy aswell,how insulting to all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts