Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on Wolves :D

All right, Sunday March 7, at SB 16.00 local time

We did not good last games, whatever reasons. about time to get back on track.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
A few news about injuries. Poor Jose...

Ray Wilkins has announced Jose Bosingwa will miss the World Cup, and is due to have another operation on his knee injury, keeping him out of the World Cup.

The Portuguese defender has not played for Chelsea since limping off against Aston Villa in October, and will now have to sit out this summer's tournament in South Africa as well as the rest of the club season.

'Bosingwa will be out for the season and have another operation, so that's him unfortunately, and he'll miss the World Cup as well,' Wilkins said, adding that the injury 'just needs clearing up.'

In other injury news Ricardo Carvalho is a doubt for the weekend after withdrawing from Portugal duty in midweek, but Wilkins is optimistic that the centre-half could be involved against Stoke on Sunday.

'We have been very fortunate that most players have come back in fine form from the internationals during the week, and there is only Riccy Carvalho that has a slight problem with his hamstring, a little bit of tightness but we'll have a look at that today and see if he'll be okay for Sunday,' said the assistant manager, before discussing the rest of the absentees.

'Michael Essien is doing well, there has been a slight complication which means it needs a couple of weeks longer but he's out [in France] with Ashley [Cole] now and they're both doing extremely well, so from that point of view we're delighted with their recovery.

'It's difficult to give a timescale but hopefully he'll be fit as soon as possible because when we lose players of that quality it is damning on any side,' Wilkins said.

'Petr [Cech] is doing very well indeed, he was doing some half-squats yesterday in the water, and he's coming on very well.'

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
we must start with Turnbull in goal to assess his form...

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Rooney is out injured and the Mancs pull a 1-0 win against wolves out of their...

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Anelka is apparatly playing on the right. When will Chelsea and France learn that when Anelka drifts or comes deep that he is useless?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
1-0 at Half-Time, goal by Lampard. But, in my opinion, boring first half. We're playing our usual slow football, without intensity, and Stoke have no problems for defend us. When the people at the board will understand that we need players with flair, dribbling and creativity?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Final time, 2-0. John Terry scored the second in a corner. We could score a bit more in the end, but Sorensen made a few good saves.

The only point I really hate about this game is: why the hell no substitutions?? When you are 2-0 at home, maybe one or two reserves can come in, like Joe Cole, Sturridge or Matic... :thmbdown:

Anyway, we're in Wembley again.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
I think Cole is finished at Chelski. He should have seen some minutes at least.

What were Terry's celebrations all about? He's such a prat.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
he is our captain for life, and **** wayne bridge

hilario was shitting his pants and looking ridiclous all day...

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
which is true, only defender i can think of in the england team with a leadership like personality...

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
rubbish...not as long as capello is coach, which hopefully wont be for much longer after this WC...

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm forgetting JT is still only a spring chicken.

No way he'll wear that armband again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts