Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its Man Utd

Well is this the final now?
Because surely whoever wins this semi will win the cup ?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
well United are gutted about this i'm sure,still the dream of a day in Cardiff was nice for them while it lasted :D

seriously this shouls be a great game,only trouble is only 40,000 people get to see it,i'm sure they could sell 100,000 tickets easily. ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
well i jes had a gut feelin this was going to happen...
well is the game at villa park or some where else?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
a very starnge thing

we faced M'boro in the EPL then in the Cup
also this happend vs chelsea
and now will happen vs manutd

hope the result will be as the previous

·
Registered
886 Posts
I got to say I'm very happy that we got ManU in the semi final instead of the final. The biggest reason for that is that we WILL win the league (Unless FA managed to spoil it for us with 10 matches suspensions for Campbell, Vieira and Henry for having too short hair or something) and ManU would be even more determined to beat us and it would also very much ruin a wonderful season if we lost the last game (and a very important trophy) of the season to ManUre.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It was always going to be us against Man U in the semis. I had this feeling it would be. It would be pretty strange if we got to the final, because we would have played a Premiership side in every round and then we would play a non-Premiership team in the final.

I'm quite confident about this one, but let's not underestimate them.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Arsenal-Millwall final for me. The Lions are going to Europe!
I think 'Brian Little's Barmy Army' might have something to say about that! :D Tranmere have got a formidable record in the FA Cup, especially at home.

I wanted to see Man Utd v Arsenal in the final, but now I expect it to be an Arsenal v Sunderland final.

gunner4ever, yes, I think the game is going to be at VP. The other semi will be at OT I think.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd love to see Tranmere in Europe!!

I can't see them beating Millwall though, and Millwall should beat Sunderland who are awful away from home.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Let the world Rock !

Does it really matter if we had met them in final ?

I mean the stage is set ladies and gentlemen.

And we are on a fire now. Terrific mega blast week coming up for the football fans around England.

And its a great thing we are being involved in it.

Last time we met them in Old Trafford, everyone expecting Manure to breeze pass us. They had a 5-0 win against Panathinakos and we had a 0-3 loss to Inter Milan. We were the underdogs.

But the tables have been turned and the biggest matches of Premiership and FA Cup are on the road.
BACK TO BACK !!!
involving the BIGGEST teams of England domestic league.

Magic stuff. Lehmaan vs Howard, Van Nistelroy vs Henry, Reyes vs Saha, Campbell vs .err they got him banned? ..never mind.

The stage is set. Lets Enjoy Moment Gooners. Lets add some spice to their wounds.

Time for some Moan United stuff.

(am i getting a bit hyper? )

nEEbz

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im a neutral if anything but want Arsenal to win more :cool: I hate Man U, I dont like Arsenal too much anymore but Id rather Arsenal!!!

Still Id like to see Sunderland win it :howler:

good luck anyway!!! This is realistically the only thing MU can win so i expect them to give it everything they got :D

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
The beauty about a Man Utd - Arse game, FA Cup or league, it doesnt matter which team is in form and which is underachieving as both teams have great quality to win it on the day. Arsenal might be the stand out team this season, but that doesnt mean much when they play United in a 90 minute showdown of luck, passion and brutality. Expect a lot of blood ;) ..remember OT earlier on in the season? Both of the sides will be fired up for this one.

Should be a beauty!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I have a comment about history repeating itself except this time reversed in our favour, but if I say it it will jinx us. So I won't.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Chris said:
I have a comment about history repeating itself except this time reversed in our favour, but if I say it it will jinx us. So I won't.
mate tht is wht i fear the most... History repeating itself!!!!!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i actually think maybe this wont be such a brutal game. i hope arsenal players keep calm, i am sure ferggie would luv to get our skipper or someone sent off.

keep calm cool headed, kill man utd's midfield and we win. their defense sucks, ruud is a cherry picker and not fast enough, even sol can keep up with him saha isnt a world class striker either.

i cant wait for this match.

whoever wins will win the FA cup surely. i would also rather meet man utd now then in final.get it over and done with. and their team isnt on the "up" right now. so take them on as quick as possible!

·
Registered
8 Posts
the draw wasn't surprising. actually it was quite a relief since its obvious that we'll have to meet the mancs at some time in the competition. i would rather have them in the semis because it would mean that IF we win, we will face a nationwide side in the finals. no disrespect to millwall, tranmere or sunderland, but whoever wins the arsenal-united semi WILL win the cup. IF we win against united it will ease the pressure on this particular competition, giving us more room and energy to concentrate on the prem (at which time will still have the likes of newcastle, liverpool and our beloved sp*rs coming up next) and hopefully, the latter stages of the champions league. also, if we win here and at highbury (assuming we dont lose points to the likes of bolton and blackburn) we might have just laid united's domestic season to rest. not going to be easy, but there's good reason to be optimistic.

i just hope the stupid friendly in between those two big fixtures dont give us problems like the last one.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
'kinell....I'm so pissed off.

Arsenal appealed to get the match moved to Millenium Stadium and brought forward a day and lo and behold it's been done. Now I have to go all the way up to Cardiff for the day.

I really don't know why you lot wanted it switched to Cardiff considering you couldn't fill your allocation in the last round, and also the last time we played each other at Cardiff your end was only half full. :eek:

Crazy decision.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
don't worry Suicide,it will be full this time,just our mob are a little bit more discerning than your mentallists,all that way for a friendly match and all that expense when we go there every year anyway. :tongue:

stop moaning,this means more United fans can see it as well,which must be a good thing,all you seem to be worried about is a bit of an extra drive,you old woman. ;)

oh and the time is good for both parties,we may both still be playing in the CL the week after that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is just so disappointing. Man Utd v Arsenal in the final would have been great, now the final will be a big mismatch. This is definitely the final, winner take all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts