Sorensen

Hughes - Ridgewell - Mellberg - Bouma

Milner - Davis - McCann - Barry

Phillips - Baros

Probable Subs

Taylor, Angel, Moore, Whittingham, Hendrie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Match Preview

Hopefully Milner will be fit, and that will be the only change we have to make from yesterday. The whole side played well at Blackburn especially the midfield. Not sure how many more of those chances Baros can miss- hopefully he can put that behind him and start bangin in some goals again.

Its gonna be tough but the display of the side yesterday, which was probably one of the best ive seen from us over 90 minutes gives me much more belief after the draw at VP where we plain sucked. We could easily pull it off - especially after Citeh lost to Pompey yesterday. But we could easily play as bad as we did 3 weeks ago in the original tie and go out feelin like some damn suckas

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Villa Face Milner Wait
AVFC.co.uk

David O'Leary is keeping his fingers crossed that winger James Milner can shake-off a stomach bug ahead of Tuesday's FA Cup trip to Manchester City.

The England Under-21 international was a late withdrawal from last night's 2-0 defeat at Blackburn after complaining of stomach cramps in the warm-up.

But O'Leary is hopeful Milner will be back for the fifth round replay at the City of Manchester Stadium.

He told avfc.co.uk: "It was a blow to lose James last night, but he just couldn't have played. There's been a sickness bug doing the rounds and one or two of them have had it.

"But hopefully it will have cleared up by Tuesday and he'll be fit to play. He's become an important player for us this season and we could really do with him at Manchester City."

Milner believes Villa's FA Cup dream is still alive, despite the last gasp heartbreak when the two sides met at Villa Park three weeks ago.

He commented: "If you're going to do well in the FA Cup, it's never plain sailing. You get replays, you get upsets and you have to deal with them.

"The away record gives us hope and the fact that we got a draw, despite not playing well also gives us hope going into the replay.

"We know that if we do perform at Man City, we've got a chance to go through and that's the attitude we have to travel up there with.

"If you look on the bright side, we're still in the cup. Maybe we didn't deserve to be in front, but when you're ahead for most of the second-half, going into the 90th minute, you expect to go through.

"But we didn't defend set-pieces well at all last night and they had a few chances and finally put one in right at the end. We thought it was our day. They had chances, but they didn't put them away."

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O'Leary Backs Baros
4thegame.co.uk

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary is convinced Milan Baros will recover from his miserable weekend display at Blackburn Rovers and return to form in Tuesday's FA Cup fifth round replay at Manchester City.

The former Liverpool forward has endured a difficult first season at Villa Park and endured a particularly frustrating time at Rovers on Saturday evening.

He missed several excellent chances as Villa took nothing from a game that they had dominated.

However, O'Leary told Villa's official website: "He was very down in the dressing room afterwards. He knows he missed a lot of chances, but judge him on his goals.

"He missed them at Blackburn but he's still got ten in 22 games. That's almost as many as all the Liverpool strikers put together.

"He hasn't done it this time but he's still averaging virtually one in two for us and I just hope he's saved one or two up for Manchester City on Tuesday night.

"Maybe he's got the bad luck out of the way, because I'll settle for being lucky at Man City and getting through. I don't want anybody telling me again 'You played great, but you lost'. It would be nice if we mugged them."

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
2-1 City and we deserved it.

I just want to say though your team were a disgrace with their treatment of Samaras. They were deliberately trying to injure him, which they succeeded in doing so, and that has no place in football.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.