Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are keeping our best team for champions league so id say 1-0 for cheslea?
duff.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mourinho: Chelsea not at full strength for FA Cup
By Ian Ferris - February 19, 2005

Jose Mourinho claims he will not show maximum respect to the FA Cup because of Chelsea's hectic fixture schedule.

"The most important trophy we can win is the league - The Premiership," Mourinho told As.

"The title is the one we most desire and Roman Abramovich knows this.

"In order to win the Champions League, it is necessary to have some luck, like I had myself in Manchester [last season, when Porto won with an injury time goal].

"And the Cup arrives - we wait for Newcastle. Perhaps we will lose in Newcastle.

"I will go with the second team.

"I do not have supermen.

"I do not respect the FA Cup because in England there is no respect for Chelsea, they don't value us. We do not get the same rest between games that Manchester and Arsenal enjoy."
www.tribalfootball.com

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I don't believe it. That's Tribal Football. You hear people saying it every time someone posts an article from that site, because 90% of it is pure crock.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the comments about the rest were made before, they are oven on the chelsea website. this is nothing new. and most of the better players will not play int he FA cup match vs Newcastle...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there u go another source.
------------------------------------------------
Mourinho Fury At Fixture Schedule
2/19/2005 2:10:00 PM

Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has hit out at the Football Association for their failure to protect the clubs competing in Europe by rearranging fixtures.
Mourinho believes that the Blues are particularly hard done by in comparison to that of Manchester United and Arsenal.

"English football doesn’t help its teams in Europe, most of all Chelsea," explained Mourinho.

"We seem to be a special case. Why should Manchester United and Arsenal play on Saturday when they have Champions League games next week and we have to play on Sunday?

"When we need to play earlier, we play later, and when we need to play later, the game is early."

The Portuguese manager suggested that he would rest his stars in the FA Cup tie with Newcastle this weekend as a result.

He added: "We don’t get the same rest between games as United or Arsenal, but if we lose against Newcastle they will say I have no respect for the FA Cup.

"I have fantastic players, but they are not supermen. The Premiership is the most important for us, second comes the Champions League, then the other two competitions.

"So this Sunday my players will rest, because the conditions are not right to play at Newcastle, then travel to Barcelona to face a team that will have played a day earlier than us
www.goal.com

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Kluivert 1-0 :nono:

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
it shows how much chelsea have progressed , we r playin newcastle at their home ground without terry, cech, lampard, duff, drogba, robben, gudjhonson, ferreria and makelele and they r playing with a 8 man defence!!! after their goal in the 4th minute zero shots at goal...mind u snow is unbearable...

if we lose tough luck the game came in such a time for us, however with duff and lampard introduced we might salvage something..

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
And NOW your down to 10 men
I think Bridge broke his ankle as well :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Kyp said:
"We seem to be a special case. Why should Manchester United and Arsenal play on Saturday when they have Champions League games next week and we have to play on Sunday?
Arsenal played Saturday and play Bayern on Tuesday = 3 days.
Chelsea play Sunday and play Barcelona on Wednesday = 3 days.

Yep, HUGE advantage!

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
No Subs as well :howler: Glen Johnson goes in goal :howler:!!

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
And he saves it!! :eek:! :D

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
It's all over! :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Oh boy, I think they've lost to Barcelona now :eek:!

That's £5 gone :(

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
what an ugly match, bridge out for the season, duff and gallas receiving knocks, cudicini sent off , we hit the post etc... too painful to watch if u ask me, mourinho should not have sent in lampard-duff-gudju in one go if at all, **** the fa cup when u have barca in 3 days...oh and a big fcuk u from chelsea fans to shearer...

anyway no problem gallas returns to left back and terry-carvalho resume in the middle like the begining of the season..

just want to say that all this talk about chelsea's money but come down to it we had:

Robben = out for 3 months in the begining and now 2 months = 5 months!

Drogba = out for 2 months ...

Carvalho = out for 1 month...

Bridge = now out for season..

Huth = out for season

Parker = out for season

Forsell if you want also out until April...

thats 3 or 4 key players with very long lay offs, i dont think man utd had to cope with that this season apart from RVN...

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
I'm just hoping Chelsea beats Barcelona cos I got £5 on the line! :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts