1 Middlesbrough
2 Newcastle United
3 Aston Villa or Manchester City
4 Chelsea
5 Charlton Athletic
6 Liverpool
7 Bolton Wanderers or West Ham United
8 Birmingham City

All Premiership sides left as there will not be any fairytale end for the smaller sides. Now, I reckon that we would not want to face Chelsea, but as we know it, luck (or the lackof) will have it that we will pick Chelsea, at home.

I know I am being a pessimist and the draw is random and we could face anyone. I certainly hope so. But I worry that the more we want to avoid them, we will get them. 4th round Manc tie comes to mind.

Okay, Chelsea aside, I do not mind any team save Birmingham or Bolton. They can be tough to beat, and with us firing at all fronts right now, we do not mind an easy tie. Luton and Pompey were tough nuts to crack, can we have an easier one now?

paw;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
3 of our black sheeps in recent times, Boro, Birmingham or Charlton, would do. We need to beat them at some point and this seems like a good time. No easy draw really.

But, like you I also feel we'll get to play Chelsea.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just like the CL when everyone was talking about the rematch between Chelsea and ourselves and the next thing you know, we are paired with them.

paw;)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
liverpool - chelsea...... nice too...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Charlton Athletic v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa or Manchester City v Bolton Wanderers or West Ham United

Chelsea v Newcastle United

Birmingham City v Liverpool

Ties to be played on 20-23 March

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
I hope Liverpool - Chelsea, we will kick their asses after Chelski will lose their confiedence against barca we can surely beat tham and i want Owen in the finals :D

When's the draw acualy?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Birmingham are our bogey team, haven't beaten them in 2 seasons. Time to exact revenge :frustrat:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Charlton Athletic v Middlesbrough
Aston Villa or Manchester City v Bolton Wanderers or West Ham
Chelsea v Newcastle
Birmingham City v Liverpool

So, we have birmigham, hmm... if we beat them, we surely will get chelsea in ANFIELD!. It will be hard to beat them. Anyway the matches will be played in March 20, so in one month.

PS. I hope Mikey will get fit for the 20 march :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Good, first bogey team we dumped, now lets put the second one out and beat Charlton in the semi's. ;)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Pardon me...

[bimbo mode on]

Jamie Redknapp was damn fecking hot during the draw!!!

[/bimbo mode off]

Yes, good draw for pools. I hope they can win this time round. :)

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I think we need time for revenge, how we have lost points against birmingham is beyond me, the game at Anfield was totally shocking, we need to take our chances and we'll be set. i think its a good draw, maybe a trip to cardiff :D

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I think we need time for revenge, how we have lost points against birmingham is beyond me, the game at Anfield was totally shocking, we need to take our chances and we'll be set. i think its a good draw, maybe a trip to cardiff :D

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I just hope our strikers get their groove going soon :( I feel that's the only way for us to sustain our challenge and have a good season in all comps. From the way we are playing, I feel as if we depend too much on our strikers being clinical, sth very uncommon lately.

Not to mention the fact that we'll be extra tired and tied up with the UCL home game against coming so close to this game.

Ah, feck it.

Let's f'kin **** them. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts