Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait for this one! not going to make a prediction. Too close to call imo.

Should be a great game. King Kev will have his boys pumped up for it and he'll be looking for an FA cup run too with Citys poor league form.

Time is great too. Sunday lunchtime. Absolutely smashing. Waking up to Spurs :star: and Lineker on the BBC!

I really really luv it, I really do, I really really luv it!!!

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah a tale of 2 halfs indeed as walkers crisps boy said.

Can't believe how poorly we started. Line-up was wrong too. How could Dalmat have been left out !!! he was the main factor behind our recent revival. Thankfully Pleatie regained his senses and put him in the second half. He didn't make such a big impact but it certainly was more than what sicknote did all first half. Stephane should track back though more.

Then Davies on the left, was he having a laugh? a right footed player on the left? thnkafully he corrected it by putting Jackson there. Where's Rohan Ricketts btw? he's gone missing! not even on the subs bench :eek:

Anyways the game: right, first half was very poor. Goal was virtually given to them and we were lucky not to be 2 or 3 down by half time. Luckily we came back and the super Doc :star: nodded in after the City keeper flapped. We should have taken the lead after since we really had Man City on the ropes but Postiga missed 2 chances even I would have buried :groan: I'll give him time. Remember Pablo Aimar needed a season to adapt at Valencia ;) but this is getting tedious!
City could have won it at the death but Macken missed and there was also that offside thing where the Doc slid in.

Some players who I want to comment about:
Tarricco - poor , first game though I've seen him like this.

King - not a midfielder, can;t pass either. Brown should be our def. midfielder with Jackson/Ricketts, Dalmat and Davies the others in the 4.

Shaun Wright Phillips - this guy deserves a start at City. Definitely their biggest threat. Why was he on the bench? stamina?

All in all I would have gone mental had we played the second half like the first half but luckily we didn't. We are lucky to still be in the FA cup but new date, new chances and now at White Hart Lane, I fancy our chances Wednesday week!:cool:

COME YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Stick Ledley on the left instead of Tarrico. I'm starting to think this lad was a little over rated but seemed to pull himself toghether on the left.

Great to have Davies back; yes although Posti missed a few, his work rate was excellent and there was some great link up play with Simo and Keano.

Dalmat is an on-off player. A bit like Ginola. Some games he will cost us and some we'll win because of him. Still the sort of player we like to see at the Lane.

Gardener is becoming a superb player. And along with Doc offer us some technique from the back. Both are not scared to play with the ball and both seem to be working well together.

I'm a bit dubious of Carr too. He's clearly not the type of player he used to be. He used to kill that wing but now seems to sit in too deep. Ok, we play 4-4-2, but with his pace he could cause more trouble.

I agree with you Wally on SWP. A nippy little player who seems to be improving every season.

Manchester United next if we qualify.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hakan said:
Stick Ledley on the left instead of Tarrico. I'm starting to think this lad was a little over rated but seemed to pull himself toghether on the left.

Great to have Davies back; yes although Posti missed a few, his work rate was excellent and there was some great link up play with Simo and Keano.

Dalmat is an on-off player. A bit like Ginola. Some games he will cost us and some we'll win because of him. Still the sort of player we like to see at the Lane.

Gardener is becoming a superb player. And along with Doc offer us some technique from the back. Both are not scared to play with the ball and both seem to be working well together.

I'm a bit dubious of Carr too. He's clearly not the type of player he used to be. He used to kill that wing but now seems to sit in too deep. Ok, we play 4-4-2, but with his pace he could cause more trouble.

I agree with you Wally on SWP. A nippy little player who seems to be improving every season.

Manchester United next if we qualify.
Yeah Ledley looked a lot more stable on the left. I really don't think he's suited to the defensive midfield slot. His only really good game was against Palace and other than that he's looked kinda lost.

Gardener is becoming a real good player and credit to David Pleat who snapped him up from Port Vale for one million . A real good deal we made for once :thumbsup:

yeah the Doc is improving and Deano will have to fdo his best to get his place back imo when he's recovered from his injury! they're both as good (or mediocre, depends on how you see it :tongue: )as each other as things stand right now.

Hmm horrible draw up next if we turn City over but then again the Hammers pulled it off a few years ago at Old Trafford but we'll be missing Kanoute who I saw a bit of yesterday for Mali. Really beautiful striker to watch when he's playing well with his pace, skill and finishing.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Postman is a little out of sorts still - he's finishing is getting me slightly worried... Anyway, at least he's getting the chances, that's something I guess.

It's nice to have a second chance when considering the football and scoreline at halftime... What's not so nice is the thought of where we have to travel for the next round (if we go through)....

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
When is the blasted replay?? Thought it was tonight!

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You had the beer out too? :tongue:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
:howler: The beer would have been after the result...

Facts??? what are they??? ne?? :eek: :D

I told people it was yesterday, and flicked through the fixtures this week but couldn't find it??

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Hakan said:
:howler: The beer would have been after the result...

Facts??? what are they??? ne?? :eek: :D

I told people it was yesterday, and flicked through the fixtures this week but couldn't find it??
Dude, I think you might have to think twice before heading one of those rock hard balls in Hackney Marshes. I've read somewhere that they can cause some memory loss and judging by your recent posts, you might be on your way :howler:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replay tonight. Redknapp could be back and I fear Gus (his suspension must be up by now) :( just cross your fingers that Pleat doesn't do the rediculous :(

No Defoe for tonight since he wasn't registered in time so probably the same strikers up front as on Saturday. Man City will be with that dodgy keeper again btw :happy: so maybe we should play the Doc up front for the last 20 or so minutes if it's still level.

I'm expecting us to nick it 2-1 btw :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts