Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FA CUP FINAL 2008.

PORTSMOUTH V CARDIFF CITY

Cardiff City and Portsmouth meet at Wembley on Saturday to contest the 126th FA Cup final, a match which can be seen live on Sky Sports 1.

This season the Football Association's flagship competition has thrown up more shocks, upsets and spectacles than even a soap opera scriber with a taste for the dramatic could concoct.

As Cardiff and Pompey prepare to cross swords at the home of English football, hopes are high for a fitting finale to a fabulous year for the world's oldest and most illustrious knock-out tournament.

It has been suggested that the infamous magic of the FA Cup has been buried six feet under for many-a-year following the 13-season monopoly of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

But this weekend's final has sparked flashbacks to yesteryear as plucky Championship underdogs Cardiff prepare to do battle with Premier League opponents and popular favourites Pompey.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_2977776,00.html

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I see Portsmouth being easy 2-0 winners. I can't see it being much of a game.

Any other year I'd want the underdog to take it but Harry's a good fella and deserves his moment, plus Cardiff get on my tits.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think it could be a rather scrappy game. But can only really see a Pompey win a 2-0 or 2-1. Nice to see two different sides in it.

It can't be as boring as last years final tho....

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Go big Glenn :D

Pompey will probably win but I can see Cardiff giving more of a game than Millwall did when they were in the final a few years back.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I usually support non-premier-division teams in cup tournaments, but this time I have mixed feelings. IMO the FA did the wrong thing by allowing Cardiff to play in Europe should they win this. A team whose fans burn English flags (and a fair part of them refuses to speak English and sticks to only using Welsh) representing England in Europe doesn't make sense, they dislike England but suddenly when they can profit of it they want to represent England in Europe? The FA should stick to its rules and refuse European entry to the Welsh exile teams.

I am going to watch the final anyway, even though none of both teams really moves me. I just hope for a good game with a few nice goals. I predict a 2-0 or 3-0 for Pompey.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
COME ON WALES!

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
kanu 1-0

once again bad keeping by enkelman

he already made a mistake before which pompey could have used to score...
personally hoping that krunchie will score

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Pompey 1-0 Cardiff HT

Very entertaining and balanced first half. I think Cardiff showed better football but their keeper is having a nightmare of a game. Happy to see Kanu scoring though.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think Cardiff are unlucky to go in one down. Played pretty well and created more then Pompey. Enckleman has looked very dodgy all half and big mistake on the goal.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
First half was really good, second has been dull and a feeling of inevitability about it. How fcuking crap is Hasselbaink now? It was like having 10 men.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts