Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FA Cup is an institution. I think most players would happily swap a Serie A or Liga championship for victory in the FA Cup.

Discuss.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think you are drunk.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
EPL teams needing to focus on Europe or staying in the EPL has degraded it. It's better than the League Cup but it's going down the same route.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,910 Posts
The Gamper Trophy is more prestigious than the silly EPL.:stuckup:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
:howler:

Cupa Romaniei shits on FA Cup.
From a management point of view, maybe. Most club managers seem to view the cup as an inconvenice.

However to the fans, and players, it is hugely important. A lot of players who come from abroad to England often say it is their dream to win the FA Cup, I don't hear that about the Copa del Rey.

·
Registered
70,189 Posts
Of course, I have nothing against FA Cup. I just don´t think it´s the biggest club competition after EPL and CL...:rolleyes:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,910 Posts
And what made EPL the biggest club competition in the world ? Delusional people.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Yeah, even World Cup winners would happily swap their medals for the FA cup. Makes sense... to delusional people.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
The FA Cup has lost most of its glory. All big clubs field B teams in the cup because they want to rest players they need for the EPL and Europe. Clearly shows most big clubs don't care about the cup anymore and prefer to focus on the league and Europe. A trend happening in many countries, while for small clubs the cup is still something special the big ones don't really care anymore. Happens in many European countries, although they will rarely admit it. But the number of big teams fielding reserve players in their national cup says enough. I think the cup is the least priority for most clubs nowadays.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
The problem with the FA Cup is that in England, the league is much more lucrative, whether you're at the bottom, trying to stay in the Premier League (worth 40m a season), or at the top end, where this season a good 8 sides had Champions' League ambitions. The FA Cup is prestigious, but not lucrative. Why bother trying to win it and sabotage one's league success for a UEFA Cup slot, when you can concentrate on fourth position which is more valuable than actually winning a trophy? The Champions League and Sky's TV money have ruined the FA Cup.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
this one isnt worth discussing

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Seeing as how La Liga is a better club competition than the Premiership you've already got it wrong.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.