Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we can really win this game. However, Liverpool are on the up so we need to stay focused. Luckily Parlour is playing, but unfortunatly Ljungberg isn't. Hopefully Gio is coming into a period of good form and maybe score a goal for us. I say 2-1 to Arsenal.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think liverpool will give a very tough fight
both of the teams coming from a mid week game
it will be hard
i don't think there'll be much really "big" suspense or action
but tough indeed
arsenal wins 1-0
from a beautiful goal by henry, pass from bergkamp.
i think someone would get sent off
and also we'll see how sht owen is
a player who did not deserve that euro player of the year award, just for some scrappy goals
:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Catching the match live, i hope to see a win. 2-1 to the Gunners, Henry scoring the winner from a Pires' pass. :star:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think both teams will be even more up for the game now when ManU are out. It can be a real battle and as you know we are a stronger than Liverpool so wewill win by 3 goals :eek: . henry will score a hattrick :devil: .
In our last 2 games against Liverpool we have scored 2 goals because Pires has beaten Carragher on the left wing. We should try to give Pires the ball as often as possible so he comes one to one against him, it always become dangeros when Pires is left wing and Carrgher at the right back.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's a shame Liverpool sold Fowler to Leeds. He always scores against the Gooners.

Here's hoping Mr Owen will tear your shaky defense apart :D :D

Arsenal 1 Liverpool 2

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final: Arsenal 1 - 0 Liverpool!!!
Yes!! Revenge!!! Bergkamp scored the winner in the first half, and there were three sending offs, Keown Bergkamp and Carragher in the space of three minutes. It now seems that we're the best team in the FA Cup, with manchester out also!!! I didn't see the match, so could someone give match ratings?

·
Registered
886 Posts
What a great performence by the red and white heros ! We are the best team in England right now no doubt about it. It was shown that Liverpool is still is far away from us, Even if I have to admit that I was a little bit worried that Liverpool would turn the game around when Carragher was sent off ;)
ratings: Wright 7
Luzney 7
Keown 7
Campbell 7
Cole 8
Pires 7
Vieira 7 ½
Van Brockhorst 8
Wiltord 6
Bergamp 7 ½
Henry 8
Parlour 7
Upson 7
Grimandi 7

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Nice! Now that Man U and Liverpool are out, you're definitely big favourites to win the Cup. What money on an Arsenal treble now? ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:

arsenal wins 1-0
from a beautiful goal by henry, pass from bergkamp.
i think someone would get sent off
:D
Prophet SwiftWilly :D :D

you was nearly right anyway goal from Bergkamp,pass from Henry ;)
oh and three got sent off

Bergkamp was terrible challenge :(
Keown should have got yellow Wright had that ball covered :confused:
Carragher should be nicked and charged a woman got struck in the face by his stupidity :depress:
The people throwing coins should be banned from THOF for life and charged they could have blinded Carragher :depress:

1-0 TO THE ARSENAL !!!!!!!!!!!!

great to sing that for the first time this season :D :D :D
We were magnificent once we got going without Bob,Fred,Kanu,Lauren,Dicko,Seaman and TA6 ;)

What spirit we showed when we had nine men Henry was class,GvB had his best game yet,DB10 was like the DB10 of 97,Ash was fan'bloody'tastic,Keown and Campbell were like big blocks of concrete ,Wrighty pulled off a great save when it was 0-0 and looks much improved ;)

Anyway got an easy looking tie Home to Bristol/Gillingham so it looks like we will progress to the quarter finals :D :D

Come on you Reds !!!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I couldn't watch the match myself but I followed it one the net and from what I read we kicked butt :)
We are probably favourites now to take the F.A Cup and with the extra bonus of Man Utd being taken out it only makes things easier.
Does anybody have any idea how bad Pires' inujury is?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
For Referance, and for people who didnt see the game, from skysports.com:
F-T: 1-0
89 mins: OOH! A stretching Wright saves with his fingertips to deny Owen
89 mins: Highbury attempts to lift nine-man Arsenal as Liverpool knock on the door
86 mins: Parlour cuts inside and blasts at goal but Henchoz's legs block his shot
82 mins: OOH! Gerrard heads over from a good position, Liverpool pressing
80 mins: Game dramatically poised as Liverpool's one-man advantage starts to show
75 mins: BOOKING: Gerrard the latest to be booked by Riley
70 mins: OFF! Bergkamp and Carragher go as well after the pair clash, game boiling over
66 mins: OOH! Wright makes a strong save from Riise's free-kick, Owen pokes wide
66 mins: SUBSTITUTION: Upson on for Wiltord to take the place of Keown
66 mins: OFF! Keown dismissed for pulling back Owen as he burst clear
63 mins: OUCH! Heskey catches Wright late as he grabs Wright's blasted cross
61 mins: BOOKING! Wright cautioned for a late challenge on Cole
59 mins: OUCH! Henry left bleeding from the mouth after accidental collision with Hyypia
58 mins: Gerrard shot from distance deflected over for a corner, Liverpool growing
56 mins: BOOKING: Cole becomes the second player to go into Riley's book
54 mins: CONTROVERSY! Wright appears to stike the ball with his hand again
52 mins: OOH! Carragher comes close to an own goal after Dudek's save hits his leg
49 mins: REF! Henchoz denies Henry again after Wright brushes the ball with his hand
48 mins: TACKLE! Henchoz stubs out Henry's chance with a stunning sliding block
46 mins: SUBSTITUTION: Litmanen on in place of the disappointing Anelka

H-T: 1-0
45 mins: OOH! Henry flashes wide, Arsenal go into the break in the ascendency
42 mins: BOOKING: Heskey booked for a tug on Vieira's shirt
38 mins: Dudek forced to dive bravely at the feet of Bergkamp, Arsenal dominating
35 mins: OOH! Bergkamp flicks a foot at a wicked Cole cross that deserved better
31 mins: Heskey annoys ref Riley - and Highbury - with a series of physical challenges
27 mins: Anelka beats Wright but raps a post with a powerful effort from a narrow angle
26 mins: GOAL! 1-0 - Bergkamp flicks home Henry's sweet left-foot cross
25 mins: Anelka appeals to ref Riley after Parlour reminds him of his actions
24 mins: OOH! Dudek cool as he comfortably collects van Bronckhorst's rasper
23 mins: OUCH! Van Bronckhorst dazed after collision with the muscular Heskey
22 mins: A sliding Wiltord fires over after an eye-catching exchanges from Cole and Henry
20 mins: SUBSTITUTION: A back problem forces Pires to limp off, Parlour on
19 mins: Riise's stunned cross from the left just evades Heskey at the back post
14 mins: Hyypia puts a timely foot in to deny Henry after good play from Pires on the left
11 mins: SAVE! Wright's legs deny Owen after the England ace spurts clear of Campbell
10 mins: Vieira fells Gerrard as a game of head tennis is brought to a close
8 mins: Anelka leaps in a congested box but fails to direct Gerrard's cross goalwards
4 mins: Owen responds for Liverpool but he is eased out by Keown and Cole
3 mins: Riise hammers Bergkamp's volleyed cross away for the game's first corner
1 min: Flag with 'Anelka is a rat' hangs on the North Bank as the game kicks-off at Highbury

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
come on people!!
BOW TO ME!!
master of the future
i predicted that score
maybe a lil wrong with how it scored it
but close enough!!
:cool:
i am just tooo cool
jk

well deserved
now lets jsut win the FA cup with leeds, liverpool and manure out

and suck crap owen didnt score!!
why?
cose i always knew he sucked
look at his goals
i mean "goals" *cough cough

:cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
arsenal wins 1-0
Nice going, Swiftwilly! ;)

Rough game, with those three sending offs. Harsh injuries to both Pires and Henry by Hyppia. :mad: Pires had an injury to the hip, i saw, and Henry suffered a severe cut to the lip. He still managed to put up a great performance. :star: But overall, good game despite 9 men down in a matter of minutes. Bronkhorst had a good game and Cole, amazing play. :star: Go Gunners! :strong:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes, we win. Yess.........
noooo, referee, what the hell was you doing yesterday?
thanks for that bergkamp goal, brilliant combination.
noooo penalty for that clear handball, another dam- thing.
thanks for that spectator who threw the coin:D there will no match for us if 9 vs 11.

Forza Arsenal!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
What eymc said. ;)
Congrats mates, you've got a classy side, always a pleasure to watch you play. I really don't mind losing to the best team in England, good luck in your FA Cup quest - I can't see anyone else wins it.

:)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Well, I didn't watch that match because it wasn't broadcasted in my local TV. But, I am happy that finally Arsenal can get through to the next stage of English FA Cup. I read the news from Arsenal.com, and I surprised that my idol Dennis Bergkamp become the hero in that match. But, it's also saddened me after I found that he was sent off after he obstructed Carragher... :(

Off-Topic

I hope you all in this Arsenal board can understand Dennis Bergkamp situation, it was a very harsh match. Honestly, as a fan of him, I also feel a little bit very dissapointed about it. But, I still trust him and I will still like him, because he's a very special player. Will you guys forgive him ?

I don't mind if there's some of you that hate him because of his embarassing action. We all know that he is just a human who can do mistake just like us. I post this thing because I more than often heard people keep criticizing DB10 because "he is old", "he can't score anymore", "he isn't better than any AFC strikers", etc. Well, he has done many good things for Arsenal, including the only goal in this match.

So please forgive Dennis Bergkamp for me. I beg you all.... :depress:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
:cool: :cool: calm down Zhunge Dennis Bergkamp is the best player i've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt and many old skool gooners who have seen all the old players say the same it was a bad tackle but seeing it again i think it was more petulant than nasty as he wouldn't have missed his ankle if he didn't want to ;)
Dennis would have to murder someone to make me dislike him,he's getting old now but still shows us flashes of genius from time to time ;)
He will always be an Arsenal legend there is no doubt about it :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts