Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 of the last 16 come from the football league, all from the Championship, so what are the chances, of these 6 teams making it through to the last 8.

One team will make it, as Plymouth and the super Rams play each other.

But what of the chances of the other 4, I don't give Norwich much hope against Chelsea. But the other 3 have a chance, Preston are good at home, but I don't agrre with everyone saying this is the best chance for an upset, personally think City will beat them, and the best chance for an upset imo is at the Riverside where a good West Brom side on great form go too play Boro.

And also Ipswich go too Watford, Watford struggling in the Prem, but Ipswich also not doing great in the Championship, so I'd expect Watford to win.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i think ipswich will go through, after a replay.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
watford was sh**t with Young in their ranks, now that he is gone, they are worse than sh**t. very lucky to have ben Foster at goal though, he should be playing for ManU, IMO.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Boro > Man City, purely due to the quality of their strikers- Yakubu is lethal for one- the quality of his finishing shone through to knock us out of the cup when we played 'em.

WBA definitely have a chance though.

Still think City will be a very tough game for us, but it is winnable.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
You cheeky bastard.... we really arn't shit, just MAJORLY injury plagued!!!

When we played you last weekend, we had pretty much our reserve side out... the fact that Darren "Shitter-Than-Shit" Currie was playing should tell you that much!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I think Preston will go through, together with Derby. Boro is too strong for WB.

...and you know what... both teams will meet in the next round. Derby-Preston. Mark my words. ;)

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Just got a text from my mate who's a Watford Season Ticket holder and he has no idea why our player was sent off.... also, he said we were totally dicking on them up till then :D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
0-0 still in the big battle of the sh**ts, but Ipswich had a man sent off just before the break.

ding-dong affair at riverside, with boro leading 2-1. Yakubu (believe it or not) converting a penalty on the 45 th min.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
I don't get this Ipswich shit thing.... we've lost a couple recently due to severe injuries and take them away and the first 5 games it took Jim to get used to being manager we'd be right up there..... we were one of the top teams over Christmas also, we dominated Birmingham home and away for example...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pietro said:
I don't get this Ipswich shit thing.... we've lost a couple recently due to severe injuries and take them away and the first 5 games it took Jim to get used to being manager we'd be right up there..... we were one of the top teams over Christmas also, we dominated Birmingham home and away for example...

Don't think you'll find anyone outside Ipswich who agrees with that ;)

I wouldn't call you shit though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
results

Chelsea 4-0 Norwich
Plymouth 2-0 Derby
Middlesboro 2-2 WBA
Watford 1-0 Ipswich

Told you West Brom had the best chance of an upset, especially now it goes back to the Hawthornes :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What happened to Preston beating Man City??? :D

Like I said best chance of an upset was West Brom ;)

Plymouth at home to Watford in the next round, I knew that would be the draw...

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Jibril said:
I fancy Plymouth against Watford, you know. Best draw they could possibly get
Yeah me too big time. We were much better than them throughout the match and without the stupid sending off in the first half (which was rescinded today btw!!) i reckon we might have had them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts