Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is, all the new signings can play now. Which will be a big boost, because we were starting to really scrap the barrell for players against Wednesday.

All we need is a solid defensive performance and we will be alright.

·
Registered
68,837 Posts
you know what, I get the feeling this will be a comfortable win, something like 3:1, keeping a clean sheet is unthinkable for Derby :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've decided to actually go to this one, a rare appearance at a cup game for me, but seems as I'm still too see Derby win this season, this has to be the best chance...fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PREVIEW: DERBY v PRESTON NORTH END
Posted on: Fri 25 Jan 2008

Derby County go for a place in the last 16 of the FA Cup for the second successive year when they host Preston North End on Saturday.

It's a quick chance to build on Tuesday night's victory at Sheffield Wednesday - their first since September - albeit on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Derby started well at Hillsborough but went behind on nine minutes and were worse than poor for the rest of the first half.

But Kenny Miller's equaliser soon after the break gave them a lift and they went on to edge the rest of the game.

The Rams finished strongly and with plenty more players now eligible to play in the competition, they will be looking to make more progress.

TEAM NEWS

Robbie Savage, Tito Villa, Hossam Ghaly and Laurent Robert are all available after missing out on the tie with Sheffield Wednesday having not been signed in time.

New signing Mile Sterjovski would need his international clearance to arrive by 12noon on Friday if he is to be available - though this is unlikely.

Danny Mills's knee injury is causing him some concern and he missed the trip to Hillsborough in midweek.

Giles Barnes complained of feeling unwell in the samme game while Stephen Bywater is still struggling with a shoulder problem.

Craig Fagan sits out the game due to a one-match suspension having picked up his fifth booking of the season in last week's defeat at Portsmouth.

Jay McEveley (knee) and Tyrone Mears (shin) are longer-term absentees.

No Preston news is available at the time of writing.

MATCH FACTS

The two teams haven't met in the FA Cup since the third round of 1978/79, when Second Division Preston beat top-flight Derby 3-0 at Deepdale.

The last two Pride Park encounters have been draws - 1-1 in September 2006, and 1-1 again in December 2005.

THE REFEREE

Gloucestershire's Lee Probert makes his second visit to Pride Park this season, having officiated the 2-1 defeat at home to Birmingham City in August.

Last season he was probably the Rams' favourite referee after overseeing three games, all of which resulted in a 2-1 success, including the New Year's Day victory at Preston.

This season he has flashed 56 yellow cards and two reds in 22 games.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
OMG!!!! :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: ....... why do we keep gifting goals to the opposition

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
When things cant get much worse, they just do, this performance is a disgrace, ill be surprised if Jimbo, stays till the end in this one :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

·
Registered
68,837 Posts
this is a joke, I mean what's going on here?! By the looks of things, this team may struggle to stay up in the Championship next season

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
3-0 down at half time.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well to be honest... i don't think no words can describe that result today... can I get worse than this :moan: :moan: :moan: :moan:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
ekim said:
I had expected Derby to win this one :googly:
are u England-Asian, in disguise?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
it finishes 4-1 and the best part is very few people see it as a surprise. :smileani:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
u will get a chance to take revenge next season. wait a minute..... Preston may get relegated this season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I did stay to the end Durks, only because Bradz wanted too though, I'd have happily gone at half time. I've never seen such a shocking performance from a Derby County, apart from a little spell at the start of the 2nd half when Earnshaw scored and Savage had a great chance, but other than that it could have been 7 or 8 to Preston.

I've said it for months, and this only confirms it again, we need a whole new back 4, because the defending for the goals was ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts