Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arguably the biggest tie of this round, both teams currently badly hit by injuries but United v Spurs is usually an entertaining game, we met them at the same stage of the competition last season when we beat them 3-1 at OT.

Harry Redknapp says he will field his weakest team possible because of Spurs situation in the league and their game against Stoke on Tuesday in the league is a much bigger priority. He'll get a lot of shit for it in the press in the build up to the game but you can't really blame the guy. Why risk some half injured senior player for a game they would have a very big chance of losing no matter what team they put out.

2-0 to United is my prediction, Ronaldo and Berbs scoring.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
If he fields a weakened team, then it will be good for us, due to our injury situation.

6-0 to Spurs.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Injury update from SAF at 9 am tomorrow.

Rio could possibly be back, personally I wouldn't risk him.

Wouldn't mind if he had a little run out, get some minutes under his belt.

Tevez should put a couple away, I can see him going on goal streak in the next few games.

keen to hear the injury update. Hoping for some good news.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Ferdinand will surely not play? Really hope Fabio gets some chance, off the bench maybe.

Tevez has to keep scoring and performing good, if he wants to get a deal here. Love the guy, but unless he convinces Fergie that he can cover for Rooney whilst doing a great job, we sadly won't sign him.

And as usual of course, awaiting Anderson to score:(.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
Long list of injuries 10 players missing.
Tosic, Chester and Fabio to get their chances hopefully, even put De Laet and Possebon there seeing there is a Tuesday prem game.
De Laet is a future star.. why risk him now :smileani:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Anybody see the fergie pre match conference.

Apparantly united and Spurs can officially agree to play extra time in the event of a draw after 90mins.

Its a rule in the FA cup that not many are aware of. If its in the clubs interest they can agree before the game to avoid a replay!!!
interesting, hope we agree on avoiding a replay... the amount of games weve been playing had its tole on the players and i think we were kinda lucky to have all those injuries in the CL break time, any reduction of game count would be welcomed by me.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Anybody see the fergie pre match conference.

Apparantly united and Spurs can officially agree to play extra time in the event of a draw after 90mins.

Its a rule in the FA cup that not many are aware of. If its in the clubs interest they can agree before the game to avoid a replay!!!
draw??!? replay?!?! extra time??!

are you kidding, im just praying its not double figures

·
Registered
4,013 Posts

Spurs got a big shock against burnley. Think this could be their "bounce back" game. They mighnt win it, but they certainly shouldnt be as bad as they were during the week.

And anyways united are missing half their team through injury so it could be reserves v reserves!!

·
Registered
741 Posts

Apparently they can't enforce that rule now, it had to be done earlier on..

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Official team news:

Foster

O'Shea
Neville
Vidic
Fabio

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Welbeck

Berbatov
Tevez

Bench: Giggs, Tosic, Fletcher, Chester, Eckersley, Possebon, Kuz.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
can any one from India tell me which channel is it on..?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Fabio :happy: finally! BTW fabio was supposed to be the better half of the twins :horny:

if we can get good result in 1st half to see tosic get some minutes in the 2nd this would be a great night indeed.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

1 - 20 of 55 Posts