Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One game away from s 2nd Wembley final this season, 3rd if you count the community shield in August. :D

Everton are a good side and Moyes continues to deliver despite having only 1 striker avaliable for most of the season so they can't be underestimated but I really think we have to look ahead as we have 2 league games in the following week so id rest a few players but with players like Tevez, Fletcher returning from minor injury and young Macheda all eager to step in it is worth it. Id also like to see Rafael get 90 minutes under his belt.

Lets just hope we avoid injuries here, Rooney was limping at one point vs Porto and so was Carrick, We really cannot afford losing these two. Andersons energy and pace in midfield will be vital in tight league games so id rest him here too. Fletcher - Scholes ought to be the ticket, even though the ginger legend has looked well off the pace lately.

1-0 United, Carlitos with the goal. :thumbsup: :hopeful:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I'd play all those players that have been off form recently and those that need games, hence I'd include Carrick. At this point in time, I'd rather have Fletcher starting ahead of him. He is soooo off form at the moment, compared to how he usually is and he needs to show that he is on the right track to recapturing his form.

I'd rest Evra again, just so he can save some energy for the league, and maybe play like he does when he is on top of his game (he showed flashes in the 1st half tonight).

I'd play this:

---------------Foster
Rafael---Ferdinand---Vidic---O'Shea
---------Carrick---Scholesy
Park-------------------------Nani
--------Ronaldo-----Carlitos

No point in even saying rest Ronaldo, you simply know he never gets dropped. Rooney has to ease that niggle, Giggsy cannot be asked to start another match, Fletcher is injured and that was Anderson's first start in ages.

Though I expect Neville to feature probably...

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
One game away from s 2nd Wembley final this season, 3rd if you count the community shield in August. :D

Everton are a good side and Moyes continues to deliver despite having only 1 striker avaliable for most of the season so they can't be underestimated but I really think we have to look ahead as we have 2 league games in the following week so id rest a few players but with players like Tevez, Fletcher returning from minor injury and young Macheda all eager to step in it is worth it. Id also like to see Rafael get 90 minutes under his belt.

Lets just hope we avoid injuries here, Rooney was limping at one point vs Porto and so was Carrick, We really cannot afford losing these two. Andersons energy and pace in midfield will be vital in tight league games so id rest him here too. Fletcher - Scholes ought to be the ticket, even though the ginger legend has looked well off the pace lately.

1-0 United, Carlitos with the goal. :thumbsup: :hopeful:
I think this will be the scoreline, too.

·
Registered
790 Posts
That midfield duo of Scholes n Fletcher looks a bit week and I can't see either having the legs to track Cahill's runs or the strength to outmuscle Fellaini.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bring on the 1-0's.

Actually iam more worried about the aerial power of Fellaini, Cahill and Lescott. Though we have been good yesterday one more solid defensive performance would give us the confidence we need. If we could nullify their aerial dominance, i think we will win this comfortably.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd get the first choice back four out on the pitch to try and get another clean sheet, if we get into the habit of keeping things tight at the back for the rest of the season then May could be more fruitful than most of us think.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Goes one of 2 ways:

Set up the team to contain the runs of Cahill n the like

OR

Set up the team to keep the ball in Everton half of the pitch

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
4-4-2.

Carrick and Anderson in midfield.

Park and Ronaldo either side.

Rooney and Tevez upfront.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I won´t make too many changes unless some have injuries. No one seemed tired yesterday, no one needs a break for this if you ask me. I´d send the same players playing vs. Porto.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If we could nullify their aerial dominance, i think we will win this comfortably.
If the line-up was

Man Utd
---------------Foster

v

Everton
-------------Howard
Hibbert -- Jagielka - Lescott - Baines
---------- Neville -- Felliani ---------
Osman ------- Cahill -------- Pienaar
-------------- Saha

Rafael - 1.80 m ----------- Hibbert 1.75 m
Ferdinand - 1.89 m --------- Lescott 1.88 m
Vidic - 1.88 m -------------- Jagielka 1.80 m
O'Shea - 1.91 m ------------ Baines 1.70 m
Park - 1.75 m -------------- Osman 1.72 m
Carrick - 1.83 m ------------ Neville 1.80 m
Scholes - 1.71m ------------ Cahill 1.78 m
Nani - 1.76 m ------------ Felliani 1.94 m
Ronaldo - 1.84 m ----------- Pienaar 1.70 m
Carlitos - 1.70 m ------------ Saha 1.81m

There is hardly any aerial dominance for Everton. Man Utd players on average are bigger. The only difference is that Cahill is an enigma.

Apart from that. Man Utd to win comfortably? Man Utd have struggled to beat Everton both times this season, a draw at goodison and a win at Old Trafford by one penalty. If you ask me, Everton are due some luck against Man Utd.

Everton 1 - 0 Man Utd

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Everton have done superbly against United as you said. This is a huge game, sealing up 1 Final would be superb for morale. Really hope we come through with a win and no major injuries.

If we can score early to make them come out and play, then it could end up being a good game, as otherwise it will be a cagey match.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Everton will be without a recognised striker i think cause Jo is cuptied to man city. might be a lucky break for vidic n co.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Howard

Hibbert - Lescott - Jagielka - Baines

Osman - Neville - Fellaini - Pienaar

Cahill

Saha​

1-0 Tim Cahill

Sorry lads :)

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
-------------VDS-----------------

---Oshea----Vidic---RIO---Evra------

----fletcher---Scholes---carrick/andersson-----

------ronaldo------------------park---

----------------Tevez--------------------

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/17/david-moyes-everton-mike-riley-fa-cup

Seriously, what the hell is this?

To me it smacks of desperation because if United win, Moyes is gonna point that out. It's truly disappointing to see a manager of his obvious quality doing this.
He's a smart man, Moyes. Trying to get any advantage possible, seeing as he's facing a resurgent United and he's without key players like Arteta, Yakubu and possibly Saha.

Mike Riley's not given us anything for a massive 4 months so I think that special relationship has seen its arse. :cry:

·
Registered
653 Posts
If the line-up was

Man Utd
---------------Foster

v

Everton
-------------Howard
Hibbert -- Jagielka - Lescott - Baines
---------- Neville -- Felliani ---------
Osman ------- Cahill -------- Pienaar
-------------- Saha

Rafael - 1.80 m ----------- Hibbert 1.75 m
Ferdinand - 1.89 m --------- Lescott 1.88 m
Vidic - 1.88 m -------------- Jagielka 1.80 m
O'Shea - 1.91 m ------------ Baines 1.70 m
Park - 1.75 m -------------- Osman 1.72 m
Carrick - 1.83 m ------------ Neville 1.80 m
Scholes - 1.71m ------------ Cahill 1.78 m
Nani - 1.76 m ------------ Felliani 1.94 m
Ronaldo - 1.84 m ----------- Pienaar 1.70 m
Carlitos - 1.70 m ------------ Saha 1.81m

There is hardly any aerial dominance for Everton. Man Utd players on average are bigger. The only difference is that Cahill is an enigma.

Apart from that. Man Utd to win comfortably? Man Utd have struggled to beat Everton both times this season, a draw at goodison and a win at Old Trafford by one penalty. If you ask me, Everton are due some luck against Man Utd.

Everton 1 - 0 Man Utd
Do you know why Cristiano Ronaldo is a better header of the ball then Peter Crouch ??. They have a very good aerial threat. Cahill is a fantastic header of the ball. Our defense has been shaky dealing with crosses and long balls. VDS in goal, doesnt give that confidence either. We just need one more solid defensive performance and we will be on our way.

Everton have always been a difficult team to beat. Moyes is a good manager. They will be the same this time around.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Reds to ring the changes

Sir Alex has confirmed he may make a number of changes to his United line-up for Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley.

The boss says that Wednesday's Champions League win in Porto, and its high-speed nature against tough opponents, took a lot out of his players.

“It was gruelling and there was never any period where it was comfortable. It was always played at a high tempo and credit to Porto they kept going," he said. "The pressing of the ball from both teams was the best I’ve seen in Europe for a long time.

“There is a subsequent loss of energy in some parts of my team; I need to recognise that and make some changes on Sunday because it’s a big game.”

Darren Fletcher, who missed the Reds' trip to Portugal, should return but Sir Alex faces a decision on the match-readiness of Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick. “There aren’t any serious injuries, but we’ve got quite a few bumps and bruises. Rooney got a knock, and Carrick got an ankle knock, but nothing serious. The good news is Fletcher has trained in the last few days and he should be OK for Sunday."

Another boost is the return to full training of Wes Brown. He could taste action on Monday night when the Reserves play Preston North End in the Lancashire Senior Cup semi-final.

"Wes started training with the first team today, which is great news for us. I’m contemplating playing him in the Reserves on Monday. It’s maybe a bit early, but given the time of the season and the importance of the games coming up we may rush him back a little bit. It’s a thought for Monday. Other than that everybody is fine.

"It’d be great to have him available, it would give us options with Gary Neville and young Rafael back. Rafa’s looking fantastic in training actually. That would give us support in the back four positions."

The resumption of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic's key alliance at the heart of United's defence was also a major bonus for the Reds. "When you see the back four coming together, with Rio back alongside Vidic and a bit of freshness in the team, it made a hell of a difference to our performance. That was the foundation of the win, I think.

"I actually thought the watershed was last weekend against Sunderland. We defended well and got back to something like our best. We need to be at our best now, and that showed on Wednesday – we were on top form. We take encouragement from it.

"Rio’s experience and composure under pressure at this time of year really helps," he added. "But, more than that, I think it’s the consistency of the partnership with Vidic. I keep going back to it, but Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister played for seven or eight years together and hardly missed a game. Through that they got consistency, understanding and a knowledge of each other’s capabilities.

"That's the same with Rio and Vida. But it’s also about presence within the team; Ferdinand and Vidic’s presence on Wednesday was outstanding."

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I am against too much rotation, but okay....league counts the most. I´d let Kiko play from beginning.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts