Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our third match in 6 days, most of the attention has been on Pardew fielding a weakened team though Psycho rested Joey Barton, Richard Dunne & Darius Vassell against Wigan on Saturday, for the same reasons. City hadn't lost at home prior since the 4th of January in all competitions, & the Blues had a much easier time with Villa in their 5th round replay.

All of this seems to add up to a definite disadvantage for our lads, not to mention that we could again have our 3rd keeper with Shaka doubtful & Anton will be a last-minute decision. But considering our impressive away form in the Cup, this tie is still difficult to call. If we can grab an early goal then who knows, & even if it goes to added time neither team has had more rest. No prediction as of now...;)

COME ON YOU IRONS!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sadly I probably won't be able to follow that game on live radio... Unless I lose my chess match within the first 90 minutes.... Temptations are sweet at times :D

It will be a difficult match for our Hammers and thinking back to the League Game at the CoMS doesn't make me feel more comfortable. Anyway, Hammers are up to pull yet another FA Cup trick... Trust me... ;)

All above I do not want a replay as the fixture congestion would continue :thmbdown:

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
East Ender said:
Sadly I probably won't be able to follow that game on live radio... Unless I lose my chess match within the first 90 minutes.... Temptations are sweet at times :D
Back in time after a good loss. Well I could not concentrate enough, so at least I can listen to the game now. It looks like a strong beginning of the Citizens... Come on you Hammers, throw something back at them!

Cheers
East Ender

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Mullins is terrible!!

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Harewood handball :howler:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
1-0

Ashton

WHO ARE YA WHO ARE YA!!!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
There were some here who questioned the price of Ashton who I disagreed with *cough*Amoroso*cough*. You can feel free to kiss my arse now, unless you want to wait until the end of the season. :D

His goal rate is awesome. Sven is there watching Ashton win headers and score goals, and play excellent touches. So of course he won't get a look in.

Jern - Crouch the better touch, you donkey. :finger: :tongue:

2-0 Ashton

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
Jern - Crouch the better touch, you donkey. :finger: :tongue:
I don't think i said that Ashton wasn't capable of scoring a goal Marc, you donkey. :finger:

Musampa has put the cat among the pigeons, could be a nervy last 5 mins for the East End spivs.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
One shot on goal in the first half and one goal, quite efficient isn't it? ;)

Why the hell does it have to be such a nailbiting finish now? Come on you Hammers, hold on to it!!!

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I don't think i said that Ashton wasn't capable of scoring a goal Marc, you donkey. :finger:

Musampa has put the cat among the pigeons, could be a nervy last 5 mins for the East End spivs.
You reckoned Crouch had more potetnial and a better touch though, pleb. :D I think he has shown his ability for a touch live for your viewing, although you got this far without seeing his touches so you may have missed them again. :p

Fantastic volley, good game. :thumbsup:

·
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
You reckoned Crouch had more potetnial and a better touch though, pleb. :D I think he has shown his ability for a touch live for your viewing, although you got this far without seeing his touches so you may have missed them again. :pQUOTE]

Crouch does have a better touch, and i said i can understand Benitez thinking, i never said Crouch was a better player.

hardly goals to change my mind on his touch were they? the way you talk they were like van Basten quality. ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Im still in euphoria and as a "bloody gloryhunter", club member and easyjet client I am seriously thinking of attending the semi-final live. :D

I just found out when the draw will take place, Friday 24th March 2006, at 13.55. Do they still play the semi-finals on "neutral" grounds? Does one already know which grounds are chosen to hold the semifinal games?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers
A still all smiling E.E.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
As far as Ashton goes, I always thought that he was a brilliant signing, if not a tad overpriced. But then again, he's scoring goals and playing well so I guess that extra million or so which we paid is/will be worth it.

Just a word on last nights performance.

That performance imo showed how much we miss Benayoun and Reo-Coker. Reo simple owned Barton last night. I don't think Barton won one 50:50 challenge against him last night. I still think he can improve with his passing but but his overall defenseive game is top drawer.

As for Benayoun, he may not have been totally in the game last night but he certainly showed his quality when he got on the ball. Super super player who will hopefully become a bit more consistant.

·
63,337 Posts
East Ender said:
I just found out when the draw will take place, Friday 24th March 2006, at 13.55. Do they still play the semi-finals on "neutral" grounds? Does one already know which grounds are chosen to hold the semifinal games?
yes the games are played on neutral grounds, supposed to be as local as possible but if you draw Chelsea expect a round 400 mile trip to Old Trafford for a 1pm kick off as the F.A. care more about money than they do the supporters.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes the games are played on neutral grounds, supposed to be as local as possible but if you draw Chelsea expect a round 400 mile trip to Old Trafford for a 1pm kick off as the F.A. care more about money than they do the supporters.
Thank you Jern!

As you probably remember I come from Switzerland. So I do not care that much about what place the game will be held. Easyjet serves all 9 English destinations from Geneva including Doncaster :howler:

I'd like to have the game at any ground I haven't been to so far.

Cheers
East Ender

PS How about West Ham v Charlton at the New Den...? :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think that the semis are played at the teams who are selected as the home teams ground. 6 days 3 matches 2 wins 1 loss. For now I'm gonna root on Newcastle and Birmingham to win so we can have a better draw.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts