Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep :)
But during its shake-down in Lommel (Belgium) a couple of days ago the it ran without many problems (until the rain came, that is). But I do think the Cosworth CR-6 engine will be fine next season :D

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
GaGa said:
Irvine use to struggle with Ferrari as well ;)
Yeah, remember the season when he came second... you know the one time in the last decade when Ferrari didn't give it's resources to Schumacher 140% of the time?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
saying that schumi got his success cuz only of his ferrari support is just complete bolox....other drivers would get the same 140% support that schumi gets if only they had the ability of the best modern era driver....too bad noone does

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
Yeah, remember the season when he came second... you know the one time in the last decade when Ferrari didn't give it's resources to Schumacher 140% of the time?:rolleyes:
I don't believe that rubbish...why would Ferrari be so complacent to not give full resources to it's drivers? It would be tieing ones hand behind their back for no reason at all...they might as well pick up a driver from Formula 3 and put them in a Ferrari if they don't care about their other driver. They will save money and hassle from ambitious F1 drivers that they would have? right?...

Sorry but these stupid theories are just there to comfort anti-ferrari people.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
GaGa said:
I don't believe that rubbish...why would Ferrari be so complacent to not give full resources to it's drivers? It would be tieing ones hand behind their back for no reason at all...they might as well pick up a driver from Formula 3 and put them in a Ferrari if they don't care about their other driver. They will save money and hassle from ambitious F1 drivers that they would have? right?...

Sorry but these stupid theories are just there to comfort anti-ferrari people.
Do I have to bring up Austria 2002? I don't want to do it, really, I don't.

There's not a doubt in anyone's mind, smart tifosi included, that Schumacher gets a lot more help from Ferrari than Rubens does. In fact, I remember in 2002, Schumacher decided to just take Rubens car, and have Rubens take the T-Car racing.

Schumacher is their number one driver, and Rubens is number two, I remember when the Austria incident happened, they were talking about something in Ruben's contract which states nearly the same thing.

And also-how the hell do you discredit 18 other drivers who are giving their best week-in and week-out? I'm sure there are at LEAST 4 drivers who would beat the damned pants off Schumacher if they had Ferrari's superior car.

The reason Ferrari are first, is because they don't take major changes. Look at McLaren and Williams, they both made MAJOR changes this season, it might not have worked judging from Australia, but hell, at least they're trying to be innovative. And I credit that as much as winning a race, because it takes balls to be innovative, and Ferrari have NO balls.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Why would you change something which is destroying everybody and has gotten the job done year after year.

It is up to everybody else to catch the Ferrari's.

Four drivers who would beat Schumacher??:eekani:

Who might they be? Michael is clearly the best driver out there. He pushes his car more than anybody, uses the whole track and on some corners just takes totally different lines to everybody else.. He is also the only one who is capable of turning a whole team around basically by himself.

There are some good young drivers going around but none compare yet.. Schumacher is up there with the greats..

What Rubens does is where the Ferrari is really at, Michael is just in another world compared to him and the rest.

Go Alonso.:)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe Williams and McLaren still haven't matched Ferrari's gearbox, and that after two years.....

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
Why would you change something which is destroying everybody and has gotten the job done year after year.

It is up to everybody else to catch the Ferrari's.

Four drivers who would beat Schumacher??:eekani:

Who might they be? Michael is clearly the best driver out there. He pushes his car more than anybody, uses the whole track and on some corners just takes totally different lines to everybody else.. He is also the only one who is capable of turning a whole team around basically by himself.

There are some good young drivers going around but none compare yet.. Schumacher is up there with the greats..

What Rubens does is where the Ferrari is really at, Michael is just in another world compared to him and the rest.

Go Alonso.:)
It's a common known thing that Alonso, Montoya, and Raikkonen could beat Michael IN the same car.

Michael is not perfection, FERRARI is perfection. In fact, if you strapped Yoong into a Ferrari he might actually be able to get a points finish.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
It's a common known thing that Alonso, Montoya, and Raikkonen could beat Michael IN the same car.

Michael is not perfection, FERRARI is perfection. In fact, if you strapped Yoong into a Ferrari he might actually be able to get a points finish.
Well, there are some drivers who could beat Shumi in the same car but at the end of the season, Shumacher would be the champion anyway. He isn't as fast as he used to be but he's very inteligent, tacticaly perfect and reliable. All these facts make him still the best. But I admit that few drivers (including Barrichello) are able to be faster in one lap (sometimes) than Schumacher.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Im amazed that people never give credit to Schumacher even with what he has won... just because hes in the best car... he makes it the best car also because he is in it!!! He has won a title at Benetton also before... Schumacher is a legend - and thats a fact!!!!

No it is not a fact that if Raikonnen was in the same car as Schumacher he would win... because its never happened so it cant be fact!!!

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Schumacher is a legend because he has everything what's important. People often forget that it's not only about your time in one lap. Sure it's important and Michael is very fast but he has won it all elsewhere.

But it's possible to beat him Deano, and the discussion is about that. ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Of course he is beatable, everyone is beatable in every sport!!!! Is he beatable at winning championships??? probably not this one and he hasnt been for a few years and its not just because of the car, last year he was ran close but he stepped up when it mattered!!! Which is my point!!!

·
©
7,230 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
Good drivers but nowhere near Micheal....yet.. Raikkonen can't win races in a good car like McLaren, Montoya can be erratic and inconsistent and Alonso is still learning despite being a top driver already.

People forget that when Schumacher came to Ferrari it was wasn't the best car yet he still found a way to win.

Like I said, what Schumcaher's partners (Irvine and Rubens) have done is where the Ferrari is really at, the rest is Michael.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
in my opinion, Schumcaher has practically archieved everything, so i reckon he should drive for Minardi next season just to show everyone how good a driver he is. I mean any driver that could score a point driving a Minardi in my opinion should be consider a great if not a terrific driver :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts