CM/AM: Frank LAMPARD
AM/CM: Ivan RAKITIC
FW/TQ: Francesco TOTTI (c)
FW/TQ: Thomas MÜLLER
ST: Sergio AGUERO​

Formation: 4-2-3-1​

Tactics

Roles
Lahm is the most complete full-back on the world... he was the best as left-back and also as right-back.
Carvajal is a overlapping FB (not wing-back).
Of course... they can attack in some important and convenient moment but not always.

Matic and Modric is a couple in midfield... with both I wil have the enough defensive solidity. Matic is a destroying midfielder with good capacity to distribution of the ball and also for run in attack key plays and a very good long-shot.
Modric also have a very good capacity defensively, we can see how play in Real Madrid. We know his capacity for distribution, organization an creation... also his ver goods long-shots.

Reus is an attacking midfielder... he will support the midfield, also Hazard can support the left-side.
This isn't problem because with my defensive line plus Matic and Modric I'm very good protected against the attacks of pavnedved.

My attack is very impressive and very complete in all ways. I have Reus with capacity for the create... Hazard and Robben are very skillful players (are the best wingers in the world right-now) and Zlatan is the best striker in the tournament (1 season and a half).

Analysis of the game​
I don't like Matuidi as defensive midfielder, neither Kroos as "regista" in case Kroos changed his place to Matuidi... Matuidi was one of the best box-to-box (central midfielder) playing in his role but as defensive midfielder he doesn't play.

If Pogba and Kroos play as usual in his roles, will left unprotected his defensive line (because Matuidi can't alone)... for that Pogba and Kroos will can't as usual... otherwise if they play as usual I have Matic and Modric for stopping and starting de plays.

Anyway... his midfield will be more worried defending than attacking.
Honestly I don't see to Ivanovic and Alaba stopping to Hazard and Robben in all the match.

My team was created to destroy any defensive line.

Also... we can see that Carvajal is very good defending and has been shown that can do it. Lahm will not have problems with Bale.

In case your midfield cause me many problems​
Is easy... I can change Müller for Reus or Hazard (in case of Hazard, Reus will go in place of Hazard) and will play with 4-3-3... a midfield of
Modric - Matic - Müller​
We have seen how Müller can play in that position very well without problems.

Also... I have anothers players in my bench who can change the game in key moments... I have Agüero in case I need more mobility... I have the legends captains as TOTTI, GERRARD or LAMPARD :hug:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I believe Müller would be a better choice than Reus in the middle. Müller better as second striker, more comfortable in the middle, also a lot better defensive work rate to help out Modric so Modric could orchestrate better.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
One or two comments about individual players (like what Fird said) is fine, but lets not take surveys of entire tactics and starting 11s because, this way, you're essentially finding out what others are most likely to vote on before they vote. I want to play against one manager in the final, not multiple managers.

They all have pros and cons. You get to have your best players in one, you have an extra midfielder in another, and one is more attacking. I'd just pick the best formation and lineup that you think is the best because this is your team.

I'll post mine later tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Why did you delete those two posts, Odiseo? :err::confused::D

Can you confirm that you're going with the 4-2-3-1 and not the other two? Then, I think I'll go ahead and post my tactics tonight and get the voting started.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Voting deadline is in OP - roughly 10.5 hrs from now.

If he's playing the 4231, which I expected, then I already have my tactics prepared and can post it anytime (after I wake up - bedtime now). Either way, I'll post mine before the deadline.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I can't do my analysis if pavnedved hasn't posted his lineup.

In the night I will write my tactics/team profile.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Lineup and Formation (4-3-3):

Sirigu

Ivanovic – Thiago Silva – Chiellini – Alaba

Matuidi
Pogba ---------- Kroos

Bale ------------------------- Neymar
Suarez​

Subs: Beto, Barzagli, Mathieu, Maxwell, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Lucas Silva, Strootman, Fabregas, Ribery, Mutu

Roles:

• Thiago Silva – Sweep
  • Chiellini – Stop
  • Ivanovic and Alaba – Overlapping FBs (but not WBs)
  • Matuidi - DM
  • Pogba – Box-to-box midfielder with some creative license in the opponent's third
  • Kroos – Playmaking CM. While Pogba will make his runs and enter the box during attacks, Kroos will hang around outside the box dictating play while in attack. He has his fair share of defensive duties as well. At times, Kroos and Matuidi will swap positions: Kroos will be the DLP and Matuidi B2B.
  • Bale – Winger. Bale and Neymar both have to contribute defensively, but Bale more so than Neymar.
  • Neymar – Wing-forward
  • Suarez - Mobile, pressing CF who'll look to score but also play others in
General:

With just Modric and Matic in his midfield, Odiseo leaves it for me to take control of the midfield, and I do so with Kroos, Pogba, and Matuidi. Matuidi with his physicality and tenacity is the perfect foil for Kroos and Pogba. Pogba's technique and physicality, Motor Kroos' playmaking ability, discipline, and all-around general play combined with Matuidi's attributes makes it a good midfield combo where they all complement each other well. I expect to win the midfield battle.

I'll look to dictate the tempo and come out on top, and my team has the technical ability to do so. And my team looks better in terms of the comparison between players of same positions and comparisons of the attacks vs the defenses.

·
Registered
44,733 Posts
I was just kidding, Odiseo. I doubt peace in the locker room is going to be a real factor in most people's minds. But maybe now it is?

Like pav said, just put out your strongest team. You've done very well that way before.

Am I allowed to post my comments about the teams the contestants put out? Or are comments just for participants in the game?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I think for the quarterfinals and semifinals I was the first to post tactics.

For those meetings was given much time to post the tactics and managers take long.

It doesn't seem fair that for this match will be very little time to post and since I'm saying that after I'll post my tactics, start to post the results.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts