Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when it comes to money, Barca isn't the best; as we all know, and this is absolutely O.K., With all the rumors nowadays about Henry, Lampard, and A. Firdenand and with all the talking, I must say that I am a little confused.

Everytime I read an article about Lampard, I get this feeling that Barca does have the financial ability to snap Lampard, but just a couple of days ago, when the media started linking A. Firdenand with Barca, I read this very sentence "Barcelona are reported to be weighing up a bid for Anton Ferdinand, but believe the West Ham defender could be out of their price range".

So, logically, who should cost us more, A. Firdenand, or Lampard? :rolleyes:

I just want to know exactly how powerful my club is, when it comes to money of course :tongue:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
If we wanted to buy a player for 30 or 40 million euro, I don't think we'd be able to, but 10-20 range would be possible.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
We're not going for Lampard, those are just stupid rumours.

I think that we have about 30 million to spend overall. I would guess that 10-15 will go on a CB (Andrade, Milito, etc) and the rest should go for Dani Alves (but our board will probably opt to spend it on Henry :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
688 Posts
maybe we can get DaniAlves in some trade with Saviola?he is scoring some importings goals for sevilla lately....so saviola+some cash maybe will be ok......
we need worldclass cb and LD......and cover for eto'o....player who can accept to be second choise..henry will not be happy with that....if laporta and co will be smart 2-3 world class players is possibly with only 30 million's in the pocket for summer....

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
I like the idea of Milito/Andrade and Alves. But maybe we should spend some money on the fitness and medical staff :rolleyes:

·
Registered
384 Posts
01. (02.) Real Madrid £186.2m
02. (01.) Manchester United £166.4m
03. (03.) AC Milan £158m
04. (05.) Juventus £154.9m
05. (04.) Chelsea £149.1m
06. (07.) Barcelona £140.4m
07. (09.) Bayern Muenchen £128m
08. (10.) Liverpool £122.4m
09. (08.) Inter £119.7m
10. (06.) Arsenal £115.7m
11. (12.) Roma £89m
12. (11.) Newcastle United £87.1m
13. (14.) Tottenham £70.6m
14. (17.) Schalke £65.8m
15. ( / ) Lyon £62.7m
16. (13.) Celtic £62.6m
17. (16.) Manchester City £60.9m
18. ( / ) Everton £60m
19. ( / ) Valencia £57.2m
20. (15.) Lazio £56.1m

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I believe we still have a credit to pay (within the following seven years or so) and that's about 150 million euros, Gaspart's heritage ;), but as shown by Huascaran, when it comes to incomes, we're world's 6th biggest club and I think we could afford one spectacular signing every Summer. Especially, that we haven't spent a cent last year.

It's also probable that we'll eventually see ads on players' jerseys, the latest rumour tells about Samsung and €25M a year. If we do win Champions' League and for example sign Henry, we'll become the most recognisable team in the world (if we aren't yet), which generates extra incomes from merchandising.

Financially Barça is back on their feet again and we can compete with the richest when the Summer 'mercato' begins. On the other hand of course, to maintain such level of income the board will probably stick to their policy of reasonable players' wages.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Barca is a wealthy club, if you buy henry, it could shoot you shirt sales high and you'd have a good striker too.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Since this thread is talking about the financial status of the club, what happened to the deal of the Metro Stars? Was it all just rumors? I remember the price tag was something like 15-20m euros.

About the thread topic, I think we should be more than happy that we are 6th at the moment. We don't have a sponsor and we are generating alot of income.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No Henry ! I want a good CB like Milito .. we already have worlds best striker and we dont need 2

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That would be a really hairy defence :) Puyol and Milito. Maybe just for fun we should also sign Collocini :D

...and btw, I hope we don't get Ferdinand. I haven't seen any games, but I hear the guy's reputation is based a lot on his last name.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
Since this thread is talking about the financial status of the club, what happened to the deal of the Metro Stars? Was it all just rumors? I remember the price tag was something like 15-20m euros.

About the thread topic, I think we should be more than happy that we are 6th at the moment. We don't have a sponsor and we are generating alot of income.
Yes, I think it was all rumours..

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well i hope the board wont go for Henry serious because of Larsson leaving..
They cant ignore the fact that Barca is shit when Puyol is injured .. Milito would be great

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Ronaldinho#10 said:
Well i hope the board wont go for Henry serious because of Larsson leaving..
They cant ignore the fact that Barca is shit when Puyol is injured .. Milito would be great
It would be great for barca to have a CB but why not Henry too?

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Barçawinner said:
We do not need Henry.. but it would be interesting to see how Henry would do compared to Eto'o with the service he would get from Ronnie, Messi, Deco, Xavi.. :)
IMO henry is better than Eto'o not because he is a great attacker, but because he is also a good midfielder and is more complete than Eto'o.
I cant imagine what he would do in barca with that great midfield.
IMO Eto'o is the second best striker after Henry.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Actually I think we'd play a lethal trio Ronaldinho-Eto'o-Henry if the Frenchman did come. We'd probably say goodbye to Giuly too.

And by the way - do we really need a world class CD? I believe the Puyol-Marquez defence is working great. If we should sign anyone in that spot, let it be some younger guy, who'd have to wait for his chance, a guy like Kompany or sb. Wouldn't be wise to pay to pay €10-15M for a benchwarmer and I definitely wouldn't change the Puyol-Marquez partnership. I'd rather see a new LB. We have two good guys there, but I'd rather have a great one.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
2 Good FBs are inevitable,Alves is amazing and we should do all that we can to sign him.He is damn good going up and also covers up well at the back and tackles hard.Madrid has Cicinho who is amazing going up but Alves is damn good both ways and we cant miss out on such a talent.Cud someone tell me if he has a spanish passport,I guess he does as he was considering playing for Spain ala Marcos Senna.Fabio Aurelio is fine though we can go for someone better,We can sign Felipe and also take Aurelio on a free releasing Gio.

Felipe wud be arnd 5-6 million,Alves wud be like 15 million,Chivu/Any decent CB wud be arnd 15 again but Anton shud be arnd 8-9 million euros.All these purchases sound well within our limits.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Deo said:
IMO henry is better than Eto'o not because he is a great attacker, but because he is also a good midfielder and is more complete than Eto'o.
I cant imagine what he would do in barca with that great midfield.
IMO Eto'o is the second best striker after Henry.
Well we'll see in about 2 years if you will say the same :cool: :tongue:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts