Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Valencian press says that Santi Ezquerro has already signed for Valencia for the next season as free agent.
http://www.superdeporte.com/

The news say that Eduardo Macia (a Valencia director) closed the deal with the player on Feb. 27th, the weekend that Austria played in San Mamés.

It seems that Valencia had been negotiating with Ezquerro since long ago, although Ranieri stopped them for a while. After Ranieri's departure, Valencia hurried up and closed the signing, accoring to SuperDeporte and Diario Levante.

The article says that Valverde's departure has been important in Ezquerro's decision.

---

Manel, I've posted it here, because it seems stronger than the usual rumour, but feel free to move it. :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Can´t remember what position he plays and what kind of player he is, eventhough I must have seen him play. Could someone enlighten me?

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEO said:
Can´t remember what position he plays and what kind of player he is, eventhough I must have seen him play. Could someone enlighten me?
He tends to play in the wing, I've seen him playing in both, although he can be a second striker too. I think that it's a useful player, very versatile and hard worker. Probably a good option for the right wing. He has a good goal ratio, this season 7 goals so far.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
According to Sky he's claiming a lot of interest in him. Including EPL interest. Dunno how true that is but for a free agents EPL wages might well be a head turner.

Dunno when the Spanish Armada into the EPL is gonna end though.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Manel, I've posted it here, because it seems stronger than the usual rumour, but feel free to move it. :)
It's okay here ;)

Ezquerro is a good player, but honestly... he's not the type of player I'd sign for my starting eleven. He could be useful to strenght the squad, but in my opinion, what we need is another striker.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Setzer said:
It's okay here ;)

Ezquerro is a good player, but honestly... he's not the type of player I'd sign for my starting eleven. He could be useful to strenght the squad, but in my opinion, what we need is another striker.
I suppose that he's not meant to be a striker, but right wing.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
We already have Angulo, who is almost the same type of player, so why Ezquerro?

Don't get me wrong, I think Ezquerro is a better player than Angulo but I don't see Angulo leaving us so why sign another similair player? But hey he's free, why complain? ;)

We certainly need a right wing and who knows, he might be the answer.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well summed up MoMo. I think we have three positions (CF, RW and LB) which need improving and Ezquerro might not be much better than what we have now in Angulo and Rufete. If we were to get a Bilbao player, I´d rather see Del Horno join our ranks!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Moretti and Carboni will do for next season as LB and let's not forget, in case of emergency, Fabio Aurelio can play there so I'd rather see us spend big on the players we desperately need, a world class striker and a right wing instead of splitting it around on getting squad players for here and there..

A striker and a right winger and we'd be set to fight for the CL and la Liga again.

God, just imagine if the board gave Rafa the cash he needed to get Eto'o.... :sigh:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Who´d be the the right winger you guys would get if you were in charge? Joaquin would be my pick, but he´s surely too expensive for us. Other possible candidates for me are argentinians Cesar Delgado, Maxi Rodriguez and Luciano Galletti, but also Sidney Govou is an interesting player!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Saw him play against Barca and quite frankly wasn´t that impressed. As we have Mista and Aimar or even Sissoko able to play in the hole we don´t need him there, but also Vicente/Fabio Aurelio and Rufete/Angulo being as good as him on their positions, I´m not sure if we need him. We really have to aim higher and spend good money on CF and RW positions, hopefully getting it right this time!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Against Barça they all played bad... anyway Santi has denied everything, we´ll see.

But guys, so much talk about wingers and noone talks about Silva who is making such a great season in Eibar and he´s yours...am I the only one who thinks he´s a crack? I don´t understand why he wasn´t recovered in December with Vicente injured, I think he´s better than Xisco, well, better for Eibar anyway.;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
The one thing about not living in Spain anymore is that following segunda is almost impossible, other than reading posts like your Txupa or the rare report on the news.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Is it 100% sure Ezquerro will play for Valencia next season? Or are it still just rumours?
Hopefully he'll stay at Athletic but it seems everything but that is possible...

Silva, he's loaned from Valencia to Eibar?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Yes, Silva is loaned from Valencia to Eibar, and I don´t think he´s been in Parma, I think he´s 18.

He´s from Valerón´s town and shares a lot of things with him, even though they play in different positions. He´s amazing technically but a bit soft physically (but he is shining in such a physical league as segunda, Eibar is a good team to improve physically). I think he´ll be great once he has an opportunity in Primera, with Eibar next season for example.;)

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
i think barca have offered a bigger offer to him and sound q8 serious abt hiring his services..............but then since valencia too offer an equal chance of titles and honours i dunno what he will decide..............but if the che dont make it to the champions league things cud be different and santi might end up at barca.........

·
Registered
64 Posts
Txupa said:
But guys, so much talk about wingers and noone talks about Silva who is making such a great season in Eibar and he´s yours...am I the only one who thinks he´s a crack? I don´t understand why he wasn´t recovered in December with Vicente injured, I think he´s better than Xisco, well, better for Eibar anyway.;)
Is he the same guy who played in the mundial sub17 at Helsinki with Fabregas?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts