Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Valencian press says that Santi Ezquerro has already signed for Valencia for the next season as free agent.
http://www.superdeporte.com/

The news say that Eduardo Macia (a Valencia director) closed the deal with the player on Feb. 27th, the weekend that Austria played in San Mamés.

It seems that Valencia had been negotiating with Ezquerro since long ago, although Ranieri stopped them for a while. After Ranieri's departure, Valencia hurried up and closed the signing, accoring to SuperDeporte and Diario Levante.

The article says that Valverde's departure has been important in Ezquerro's decision.

·
4,421 Posts
Well, not exactly signed

ATHLETIC CLUB – Sevilla offers forward Santi Ezquerro six million Euro

The offer by the Andalucian club would be for the next three seasons.

The Sevilla wants to sign Santi Ezquerro and could make an offer for the red-and-white player of six million Euro.

The offer by the Andalucian team would be for the next three seasons wanting to reinforce the team to face the possibility of being present at three competitions, the League, King’s Cup and UEFA.

The Athletic Club president, Fernando Lamikiz, in turn, is ready to make an economic effort and increase his previous offer to euro720,000 for each one of the next four seasons.

Santi Ezquerro, in turn, as usual, has not said anything in that regard for the mass media.

Other options the red-and-white player could be handling are the clubs Villareal, Atletico de Madrid, Deportivo, or even Mallorca and Betis.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BioJedi said:
I also heard that Sevilla has signed him
Normally, I don't care much about rumours, but this time SuperDeporte talks as if it was already done. I don't know what to think, I've only read that in this newspaper, but I am not sure if it is very reliable.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Until I see it oficial I won´t believe it, remember Urzaiz had signed for half Europe 3 years ago and look were´s he now...:rolleyes:

But well, if Ezquerro leaves I don´t think he´s a big loss, the only thing that makes me mad is that (again) we won´t receive a cent for a good player, for who we paid 6 million € 7 years ago.:mad: That´s thanks to our board (from Arrate to Lamikiz) they should negotiate with the players one year before they end contract, and if they can´t agree with him sell him that summer to at least receive something for him.

Santi is already 28 and that for a player that bases his football on speed... We have Igor Angulo for that position, and if Igor doesn´t work we have David De Paula who´s making a brilliant season in the left wing in BA. Of course it would be better if Santi stays but I won´t cry for him, we have much more important players in Athletic and if at least the money saved with Santi serves us to renew our most important players (talking basically about Orbaiz & Iraola here) it can even be a good new, appart we´d have more players from Lezama next season.

Ezquerro has been Athletic´s best paid player the last 4 years, (eskerrik asko Arrate:rolleyes: ) and he was also very well paid the 4 years before. He hasn´t make merits to be the best paid player during these years (a forward with 5 goals per season:rolleyes: ) so if he had a bit of decency he would stay here for less money than what he deserves now that he´s making a decent season, what a casuality, the year he ends contract.

From what I´ve read Athletic´s offer isn´t that far from the others so if he really loves Athletic he would stay, if not, I wish him the same luck that had Xabi Eskurza or Edu Alonso, players who also left Athletic for "glory" and both ended in Segunda,:D although I won´t get as mad with Santi since he isn´t from Lezama.

Valencia?:D Man with the patience we´ve had with Santi in Bilbao, I don´t want to know what they´ll do in Valencia (famous for their lack of patience) when he starts to miss those easy goals, he will have to leave the city running in his moto!:D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I´ve read today in MD that 18 Primera clubs signed a private agreement for which they would pay a compensation for contract-ending players.

According to the article we would receive around 420.000€ for Ezquerro in case Valencia, Sevilla etc sign him. For that, the player must have an offer from his club before January 1, as Ezquerro.

Then the money is calculated this way. Multiply the club´s offer for 0,15 and the result is multiplied again by the seasons the player has been in the club (7 in Ezquerro´s case).

It isn´t a lot of money but well, we can make a better offer to Orbaiz & Iraola with it, they deserve it.;)

Interesting thing is that clause was signed by all primera clubs except Barça & Málaga (Málaga´s president is a confessed culé), are we surprised?? No, right?;)

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050312/NOTICIA193040134.html

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Ezquerro today in press conference, he looked very mad:

"It´s a lie I have signed for Valencia".

"My only priority is to continue in Athletic, I´ve been 7 years here and there are other things more important than money for me, even if some media like to say the opposite".

Questioned about the rumours of his signing for Valencia just the day before playing Austria.

"I haven´t signed for anyone and I would never think of doing something like that just before such an important game. It´s absurd. I don´t know why these news appear, looks like some media want to dirt my image."

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,605805,00.html

Let´s trust him and hope this solves as soon as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts