Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope the injury isnt as bad as thought.....will be a massive loss (and not only just for my fantasy football team ;) )

-------

Napoli fear Lavezzi lay-off

Napoli striking star Ezequiel Lavezzi could be sidelined for around a month with an injury he picked up against Benfica last night.

The Argentine ace made an important contribution to Napoli's prestigious 3-2 UEFA Cup triumph over Benfica at the Stadio San Paolo yesterday.

After the final whistle, Lavezzi reported a pain in his right knee and he will undergo tests later today.

Early indications are that the marksman has a severe strain, but the fear is that there may be some ligament damage.

If that is the case, Lavezzi could be out of action for even longer and will need surgery.

Former Juventus striker Marcelo Zalayeta is ready to step in for the Partenopei's encounter with Udinese this weekend.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep19g.html

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Hamsik and Lavezzi out? Thats Napoli chances gone from 50% to about 5%.

·
Registered
788 Posts
They're reporting now he'll most likely be back for the Benfica match.

Lavezzi would be a bigger loss than Hamsik in my opinion.

No matter, with or without them..we have to play with NO FEAR

·
Registered
34,924 Posts
Lavezzi would indeed be a dangerous weapon on counter attacks. You can't help but wonder what condition he'd be in should he feature.

It was more likely 40 than 50% anyway, imo, but I expect a valiant battle!

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Hamsik is out of the UC return match, as well... :rollani:
Uhhhhhhh what? Where did you hear this? Please provide a link because I haven't seen anything that says Hamsik is out, and Lavezzi is expected back in 2 weeks. Either way, Pia and Russotto are quality back ups. :thumbsup:

You seem to have an obsession with Napoli...I wonder why.

·
Registered
34,924 Posts
Uhhhhhhh what? Where did you hear this? Please provide a link because I haven't seen anything that says Hamsik is out, and Lavezzi is expected back in 2 weeks. Either way, Pia and Russotto are quality back ups. :thumbsup:

You seem to have an obsession with Napoli...I wonder why.
You seem to have an obsession with me, if anything.:howler:

I corrected the mistake already.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peace Between Reja And Lavezzi

The spat between Ezequiel Lavezzi and Napoli coach Edy Reja, involving the player’s disgust after being substituted against Benfica, has been resolved...

Napoli's European dream had ended prematurely at the hands of Portuguese team Benfica. The Partenopei failed to qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Cup by falling 2-0 at Benfica's Estadio Da Luz. Benfica scored after 57 minutes when Reyes collected the ball outside the box and beat Gianello with his left foot.

A late Nuno Gomes goal completed the condemning scoreline, ensuring that the Azzurri to wait until next year at least for their next taste of European football. The first leg at the Stadio San Paolo was a five-goal thriller, but Napoli let Benfica score two away goals, which were always going to be costly, cutting their lead to 3-2 and leaving room for the Portuguese to bounce back.

During the match, Reja substituted Lavezzi and the Argentinian didn't accept the decision graciously, complaining about the switch. At that point, the coach invited him to take his place as manager if he knew how to do it better.

However, a hand shake between the two at the end of training has signified the end to the feud. While the coach was unhappy with the player’s attitude, he will have realised that a peaceful end to the situation is what is best for the team overall.

The player reportedly spoke to Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino for half an hour before the situation resolved itself and the atmosphere at the Partenopei has returned to normal, at least on the face of things.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
pro Lavezzi 100%

He´s something special, love the boy.

Reja is ****ing idiot to substitute [email protected] that early vs.Benfica. I believe these 2 would be somehow able to turn the game. Maybe Napoli´s gameplan was withdrawn from UEFA Cup that early, otherwise I really don´t get it. Even Marino looked quite happy after the loss :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.