Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sería la primera incorporación para el año próximo

Radio Marca anuncia el fichaje de Ezequiel Garay

El Real Madrid tiene cerrado un acuerdo con el central argentino y con el Racing Club para que se convierta en nuevo jugador blanco la próxima temporada.

A pesar del título de Liga y sus consecuentes celebraciones, la dirección deportiva del Real Madrid no descansa y podría haber cerrado el primero de los refuerzos que quiere para la próxima campaña. El elegido es Ezequiel Garay, central argentino del Racing Club por el que se habían interesado varios equipos europeos, pero que habría preferido recalar en el Real Madrid, según adelantó Miguel Ángel Díaz, columnista de DC, en Radio Marca

defensacentral

I dont trust this website totally , Marca didnt talk about it and there source is Radio Marca !!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
We're hearing about three defenders(Garay, Caceres, Vargas), when what we really need is a true midfielder and/or winger.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Garay is ours! Its on AS as well. It seems like we bought him for 10 million Euros. All in one go though. The only thing now is that we dont know if he'll play for us this season or we'll let him grow one more season in Racing by loaning him. It depends on Cannavaros' and Metzelders' futures. If both stay, we wont get him, if one goes, we'll get him! Cannavaro, bye bye :)

S.Ramos-Garay-Pepe-Heinze OMG!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
if the the Garay rumour is true he is a non-eu player and we currently have 3 non -eu's
Robinho, Marcelo and Gago or is it Baptista non -eu

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
The three non-EUs were Robinho, Diarra, and Marcelo.

Robinho's eligible to get his Spanish passport this summer. Gago has an Italian citizenship. Baptista got his Spanish citizenship already before.

I'm happy with the Garay signing if it's true. I wonder what that means about Caceres and/or Vargas, though.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Wow, I hope it's true! 10M :eek:, of course we'll pay more money if we win titles, but this would nevertheless be a great deal for us.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts

·
20,440 Posts
19/05/2008 08:57

Real Madrid Snap Up Garay

Real Madrid have agreed to sign Ezequiel Garay from Racing Santander after negotiations have been concluded between the two clubs, according to a report.

The Argentinian will cost los Merengues €10m, rising to €11m according to performance, and will put pen-to-paper on a six-year deal at the Bernabéu in the next few days, Marca state.

Garay has been a long time target of the recently crowned champions and his arrival will see either Fabio Cannavaro or Christoph Metzelder leave the club during the summer transfer window.

Barcelona looked set to be the former Newell's Old Boys centre-back, but after an agreement was put in place, the Catalan club pulled out of the deal a week later after Joan Laporta vetoed the deal because of the €18m asking price.

Madrid have now made their move and Racing were already planning for life without the 21-year-old after he announced that he would like to leave at the end of the season.

As well as being strong on the floor and in the air at the back, Garay has a knack of cropping up att he other end to score vital goals and was also employed as Racing's penalty taker this term.

Racing qualified for the UEFA Cup on the final day of the campaign, but that was not enough to tempt the player to stay put for another year and the Galician club can now use the funds to bolster their squad.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
new thread guys, this looks pretty true.

good signing, hes young and his defending can use a bit of touching up. he was at a solid racing side that relied heavily on defence.

nice.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Ezequiel Garay (Rosario, Argentina, 1986) es el primer fichaje del Real Madrid para la próxima temporada.

---------------------------------------

Cadena SER broke the news late last night, with both AS and Marca picking it up this morning. 10 mln. euros upfront, and an extra 1 million euros based on success, goals, appearances, etc.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I should say sorry to " defensacentral website " :D
they announce this news immediately after levante game , anyway I hope he don't get many Injuries as this season with Racing .. Portugal is definetly the man behind signing Garay .

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn , I didnt see my thread " first one here I guess "
and post my comment in Mo's one :D

anyway Garay for 10M only .. great ! my only doubt is injuries I guess .

AS saying that the club may keep him at Racing for another season on loan , this will be decided looking to Metze future at the club

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
The three non-EUs were Robinho, Diarra, and Marcelo.
We actually have only Two non-Eus in Robinho and Marcelo. Diarra is no counted as a non-eu because of the no discrimation act or something, u can petition for it when ur african and he got it long ago, he's no longer a non-eu and the confirmation is on the AS article of Garay.

·
20,440 Posts
Robinho may get his spanish documents in december latest. the article says Diarra already has his european documents so its just Robinho & Marcelo on non-EU spots. It also says Cannas contract goes till next year and he may stay till then (and I think he'll hang his boots up after). So Metzelder is depending on what the club decides. Hes very solid, but his injury rate is really worrying. I guess they will wait and see how he performs in the EURO.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
1 - 20 of 150 Posts