Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WHat are the Expectations on our Team ?

It will be a difficult task for the guys to repeat last season's achievements. But How much chance do we have to do so?

Positives

- A Fresh Tevez

- Rooney could be a very Important factor this season.

- Our Strong Defense with the added additions of gary, the 2 young Full backs( who could play some part this season).

- Players like nani and andersson will need to and expected to contribute more.

Nagitives

- Lack of Hunger after the sucess of last year ( but Sir ALex already told that he will not tolerate any complacency)

- No Striker who will allow Tevez and rooney to play in their best positions (injury prone Saha)

- RONALDO ( i dont know if he will stay or go. He will most probably stay) But how will all this drama affect the Dressing room?

Discuss....

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Tevez is going to have a beast of a season, he looks lean, mean and ready for business. I can't wait to show us what he really is all about.

I think we have got complacent in the transfer market again, after 1999 all we bought was Silvestre instead of reinforcing some key areas. Although we won the league 3 times in a row back then there is no room for slip up with this Chelsea.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tevez is going to have a beast of a season, he looks lean, mean and ready for business. I can't wait to show us what he really is all about.

I think we have got complacent in the transfer market again, after 1999 all we bought was Silvestre instead of reinforcing some key areas. Although we won the league 3 times in a row back then there is no room for slip up with this Chelsea.
We did not won 3 times in a row. But i dont think this squad will do the mistakes done in 1999:hopeful:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Yes we did, 1999,2000,2001.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I think this year we ought to be aiming to win The Premiership, La Liga and Serie A.
Realistic expectations, the Superliga and Eredivisie would be good too.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Rooney can be an important factor :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Dont forget the Bledisloe cup and the AFL Grand final ya Carrrrrrrrrrrnt :)
ANZ Netball Championships are the pinnacle of world sport.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts