Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What expectations do you have for your team this season???

I hope all from the Nordic countries will write something about the matter.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
well, I expect Brann to secure a position in the UEFA cup mainly.. had a bad start to the season, so that's all we can hope for..
And of course, to win the UEFA cup as the first Norwegian team :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Champions!

:howler: I expect my team F.C. Copenhagen to be Danish Champions!!! since we were cheaten from the titel...KIM MILTON...:devil: :devil:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got mixed expectations.

We've just got a new coaching duo (Michael Laudrup & John 'Faxe' Jensen), which of course brings alot of changes. Tactics, players, signings etc.
My expectations result wise is therefor also quite mixed. Brøndby is a club who always is in the top in Denmark and I doubt we'll stay out of the league and cup title fight. We've also in the qualifying rounds for this year's Champions League and I really hope we can qualify for it and make a good impression.
But with the new coach and the changes that follows I have my doubts. I'm always very positive though and all in all I think we'll have a good season.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm back from my one week vacation to Greece :cool: :). I see that there have come alot of new peeps in here, with Freddy knowing you I guess I do aswell....at least I know you Lunder, but I wouldn't know who's behind the two FCK fans :).

I'm naturally expecting us to win the throphy back where it belongs, and I think we have a very good chance of becoming league champions :strong:. Also, the Cup should be a target, but even though I experienced loosing the final last year :crybaby:, I can live without aslong as we're Danish champs.

Then there is Europe. I'd be thrilled if we could reach the third round again, and going further would just be amazing. I think it could happen, because we have an even stronger side, with Peter Nielsen's arrival IMO :). Let's see what will happen.

Good luck to everyone ( as long as FCK wins the lot).

Daniel

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to have you back Danny :).

Greece, that must have been nice :cool:?

It's a bit quite here without you around. I've tried to post a few times in you FCK(H) thread.

Yeah we've got some new members in here.
Lunder as you know is Lunder ... :confused: ... :D.
Sunshine nr.7 ... well, who can it be? I know him aswell so it's should be obvious that it's Martin aka Shorty ;).

Deuce&1/2. Well, I don't know him.

It's been a bit quiet not having you around. Hope you'll have time to post a bit about 'the abes from the downtown cirkus' ... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hehe....I'd rather post on the babes from downtown Greece ;).

Martin....you meen the lad with feet like Brattbak, or Fischer :D? Nah, whatever it's cool :cool:!

I'm moving away from home 1'st of August, but until then I'll be active.

Daniel

Btw, Martin do you also have a season ticket, and do you see alot of games :)?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DBOY said:
Martin....you meen the lad with feet like Brattbak, or Fischer :D? Nah, whatever it's cool :cool:!
Feet like Brattbak :confused:?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yeah, you know, on the size of a dolls :D.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
HEY MAN!!!

I don't have feet like Brattbak...:rollani: :tongue: :D

Hey Daniel! I don't have a season ticket :depress: but when i'm home I see every game...:D ;)

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
What I want to see doing this season is:

Vejle to return to the 1´st league and I would also love to see Milton go to hell.

HMMM " babes from downtown Greece "!!! What the hell do you mean by downtown Greece? Well post them anyway:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Rim, I mean the girls in the town I visited in Greece this summer....man they were HOT!!!

Don't have any pics though....

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yakubu said:
I've got mixed expectations.

We've just got a new coaching duo (Michael Laudrup & John 'Faxe' Jensen), which of course brings alot of changes. Tactics, players, signings etc.
My expectations result wise is therefor also quite mixed. Brøndby is a club who always is in the top in Denmark and I doubt we'll stay out of the league and cup title fight. We've also in the qualifying rounds for this year's Champions League and I really hope we can qualify for it and make a good impression.
But with the new coach and the changes that follows I have my doubts. I'm always very positive though and all in all I think we'll have a good season.
Thought it could be fun to see if we've changed our expectations now when the leagues have been running for a while.

I also thought it would good to quote my self as the predictions and expectations I had either went to be true or completely wrong.

Take the new coach and system. It has actually been as I predicted: A tough start with a lot of changes in the system and squad. We're not exactly in the top pf the league though (currently #6). And what goes for the CL qualification, well we're out after having lost to Rosenborg (4-2 on agg.) Now we're in the UEFA Cup, where it also doesn't look too good. We lost in the 1st round, 1st leg to Levski Sofia 4-1 in Bulgaria. A tough task to comlete in the 2nd leg at home, but we've done it before (remember Varteks: 5-0 at home after having lost 3-1 away). Still tough though.

All in all not the best start, but after the circumstances pretty acceptable.

Now I want the rest of you to look back on your hopes for the season and maybe comment them or make new ones.
;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New expectations...

Well I think it's time to make some new expectations. My expectations for the season was that we would have a tough time with the new coach and system. It has been tough, but we've also seen that when the system starts to work for good it'll be really good. Matches like against OB (2-0), Viborg (4-0), FCM (4-0) and also Farum (2-1) showed how powerful the system can be when it works. In those matches we played some of the best football we've done in 10 years. It was football at a high level.

But there has also been matches where we've seen that there's still a lot more work to do before it'll work 100%. The players has needed more time to learn it than maybe expected - although the expectations by the club and fans were limited for the season.

My new expectations are therefor that we'll see a better playing team after the spring. At that time the players have had a long break to implement the system. But whether that's enough time is hard to say.

Rumours say that we're interested in getting Dan Eggen back. Definitely a good signing, 'cause we need a good defender. Whether we get him or another defender or maybe not a defender at all will only time show.

I also hope that our attack will be a lot stronger. Ruben Bagger has been injured for quite a while now. Actually ever since we played FCK in Parken the 24th of August. He'll be ready for the spring season and I hope that he and Peter Madsen will get things working. Well, Ruben has been playing really good untill he got injured, BUT Madsen has truly not been himself this season. 4 goals in 15 league matches is far from as good as last season (22 in 33).
Why he's not playing as good this season is a mystory, but it could easily be because of the system. It seems that he doesn't fit it.

Well, all in all I hope we'll be a lot better when spring arrives.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts